New England Air Museum
36 Perimeter Road 
Windsor Locks, CT 06096
Event Start: 4/15/2023 - 9:00am
Event End: 4/15/2023 - 3:00pm
Event Website: www.neam.org
Expected number of attendees: 800
Characters requested: up to 30
Secure changing/staging area: Yes (plus food + drink)
Weapons: Okay
Event Host Comments: Our annual SPACE EXPO is the largest celebration of all things space in Southern New England. This event is open to the public, and serves 800-1200 visitors annually.We've worked with the CT Garrison for the past several years and would love the opportunity to bring them back again this year. We make an charitable donation to the Windsor Locks Food Pantry.

Hey All! This event is now a Staple of our year and a great event to be a part of! Same type of schedule last year but more details to come! Sign up!

From Event organizer:

Overall Info

• The event will be held onsite at the New England Air Museum, 36 Perimeter Road, Windsor Locks CT 06096
  • Saturday, April 15th, 9AM – 3PM

Check-in/Parking

• Please arrive to the museum for setup between 7:30AM and 8:30AM. The event will begin right at 9AM.
  • Please see the attached document for parking directions. When you arrive to the museum, there will be an open gate to the right of the building (with signs directing you). Please enter through the gate and park behind the building; staff will be there to show you where to park.
  • Everyone will check in at our Civil Aviation Hangar doors. There will be signs and staff to direct.
  • You will all be given gold wristbands.
  • Note: If you have anyone in your group that will be checking in AFTER 8:30AM, please send me a list of names and I will send further instructions.
  • You all will be in our B-29 Classroom for setup/breaks. We will have snacks, water, etc.

Lunch

• We will have lunch set up for you in the B-29 classroom like we did last year.

Event Info

• Your appearance times are 9:30-11:30 and 12:30-2:30. I have you on the map but you certainly don’t need to stay in one place!

Breakdown

• You are welcome to head out after the second appearance. The museum is open until 4PM if you want to stay and explore!

Topic is for discussion of event. To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link: New England Air Museum SPACE EXPO 2023

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

I'm in as an Imperial Officer!

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

Excellent. 

SCOOOOOTT We ALWAYS love having you! Don't be a goof! 

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Hi there!

I’m a Rebel from Alderaan Base, and I’ve been hoping to go to this event for years!

I’d like to go as Din Djarin but I understand if the local one had already signed up. Problem is I can’t find the costume list, could someone point me in the right direction? I have others as well just in case but would love some pics of Din next to airplanes and the like :) 

I’ve never trooped outside my garrison so I am totally new to this, apologies if I’m stepping on anyone’s toes!

1 minute ago, Rocinante said:

Hi there!

I’m a Rebel from Alderaan Base, and I’ve been hoping to go to this event for years!

I’d like to go as Din Djarin but I understand if the local one had already signed up. Problem is I can’t find the costume list, could someone point me in the right direction? I have others as well just in case but would love some pics of Din next to airplanes and the like :) 

I’ve never trooped outside my garrison so I am totally new to this, apologies if I’m stepping on anyone’s toes!

Hey John!

We don't have a costume listing.  Just folks posting here or on the event itself if they're going as a face character.  I assume @Feliz will be a Vader.  @CTdadalorian20 is our only Din I think, so if they're not signing up for this one I think you're okay to be Din Djarin!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

1 hour ago, Alay said:

Hey John!

We don't have a costume listing.  Just folks posting here or on the event itself if they're going as a face character.  I assume @Feliz will be a Vader.  @CTdadalorian20 is our only Din I think, so if they're not signing up for this one I think you're okay to be Din Djarin!

Oh, awesome! Thanks for explaining how it works on your guys’ side :) 

Consider me Din for this event then! I’m so excited! (provided @CTdadalorian20 decides not to)

Edited by Rocinante

Hi @Rocinante, always a pleasure meeting another Din.  I am not signed up currently.  I did the event last year and the photos of my beskar against the shiny polished aluminum of the B-29 are awesome.  I will opt out so you can check it out and get your photos.

Have fun!

I appreciate you asking, especially as Din is my only costume so far.  ?

• Love 1

Regretted missing last year, but making sure I have no conflicts on the calendar this time so I can join the NEG crew coming down. 

• Like 2
On 2/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, CTdadalorian20 said:

Hi @Rocinante, always a pleasure meeting another Din.  I am not signed up currently.  I did the event last year and the photos of my beskar against the shiny polished aluminum of the B-29 are awesome.  I will opt out so you can check it out and get your photos.

Have fun!

I appreciate you asking, especially as Din is my only costume so far.  ?

Thanks so much for letting me take some cool photos in my Beskar! I really appreciate it ? 

Hi!  Coming down from NEG as well.  I prefer wrangling, so I put myself down as Helper on the calendar.  If I have to buy my own museum pass, I'm fine with that, always down to support a museum.

I see that they're partnering with the food bank, I assume we can bring donations for that as well?

12 hours ago, scifigrl4starwars said:

Hi!  Coming down from NEG as well.  I prefer wrangling, so I put myself down as Helper on the calendar.  If I have to buy my own museum pass, I'm fine with that, always down to support a museum.

I see that they're partnering with the food bank, I assume we can bring donations for that as well?

Usually they let our whole crew in for free so you won't have to worry about buying a ticket.

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

Hi, gang!  Rebel pilot from Alderaan Base; I came a few years ago and had a blast.  :)

Is there a time when we're trying to have the most people?  I don't remember when the busy times were.  E.g., if I could be showing up more like noon, that'd be a bit more convenient for me, but if the crush of people is right at 9am, then I try to get there a lot earlier.

14 hours ago, Thanamira said:

Hi, gang!  Rebel pilot from Alderaan Base; I came a few years ago and had a blast.  :)

Is there a time when we're trying to have the most people?  I don't remember when the busy times were.  E.g., if I could be showing up more like noon, that'd be a bit more convenient for me, but if the crush of people is right at 9am, then I try to get there a lot earlier.

from what I recall the "Busy" time is between probably 10:30 and Noon but we have a good amount of bodies right now so make your best judgement on arrival time.  It shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

I think I am gonna go as Del Meeko: Inferno Squad for this one! Never really wear him but this event I may try and do some photography/wrangle as well. 

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, Spacer_V said:

Can't wait to attend, I will probably be rocking my jedi! 

I will also bring my camera gear and we can take some nice professional photos!

I had a blast today.  It was great to see everyone and meet new people!

Debra/Dee/Agent D
Alderaan Base (New England)

Current Star Wars Rebel Legion Cosplays:  
Mon Mothma ROTJ (Approved), 
Yavin IV Hanger Technician (Approved)