Outage Issue 2/21/2022

Alay

Our host is having disk space issues that are affecting some pages of our forums.?? Working to resolve with them.?? Don't panic :)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Just a though. Is s there a reason we stay antiquated technology like forums. ??Services like Discord or many other platforms give us all the control of a forum but in a much easier and faster method. ??Phone apps and such. ??I find the forums very cumbersome to use and it???s usually an afterthought for me to actually log in a check.??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mylehigh said:

Just a though. Is s there a reason we stay antiquated technology like forums. ??Services like Discord or many other platforms give us all the control of a forum but in a much easier and faster method. ??Phone apps and such. ??I find the forums very cumbersome to use and it???s usually an afterthought for me to actually log in a check.??

??

There's several reasons:

• We're required by legion charter to uphold a web presence and forum for members (biggest reason here).
  • Forums tend to preserve data and make it searchable the most easily (build threads, etc) whereas real time chatting software tends to bury it (searching discord/irc isn't too bad, but social media is impossible).
  • Legion community tends to skew older, and forums are older tech that most are more familiar with.

That said, there's no reason we can't really do stuff like that.?? The only risk is burying/repeating important info, and fracturing community attention.

I actually have been suggesting an IRC like Discord for several years.?? If it's okay with @Backpacks Got Jets??I can set one up for the CTG.?? It'd be a decent way to real time discuss event setup and stuff, that isn't tied to social media.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I really like the idea of a discord server. It???s faster and easier to communicate. ??Not sure about the searching function but we???d have all the same security levels and able to block and or limit items. ??