Now I know for the Del Meeko approved costume the DLT-19X and the E-11 are both allowed, I dont have funds for a DLT-19X but do have my hands on this etsy E-11 that was made by someone in mandomercs. I was wondering what everyone's opinion on the detailing and??make of this blaster, and if it is suitable for my costume. I kinda feel that the weathering and detailing could be a lot better and if anyone is okay with helping me fix this and is going to the armor party I would be more than willing to bring it with me. I have several photos below but if these are hard to really see what the blaster is like id like to still bring it to the armor party to get advice on what to make new of it. If anyone knows a affordable and accurate way of building the DLT-19X id love to know!??Thank you.??

e-11 1.jpg

e-11 2.jpg

e-11 3.jpg

e-11 4.jpg

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

That groove down the center and the handle are worrysome.?? The end cap also looks pretty inaccurate.?? The magazine and magazine housing are both missing lots of detailing.?? It also looks like it's missing the receiver lever.

Out of curiosity, what did you pay for it?

You have two easy options if you think the sunk cost is worth trying to make it more accurate;?? Purchase secondhand resin parts to swap out with some elbowgreases, such as from something like a Doopeydoos kit, or purchase a cut up Sterling L2A3 and glue the parts onto it/swap out what is needed.

If you're not sunk into fixing this particular model, there's several sellers that can get you hooked up with a decent E-11 kit for good prices.?? If you plan to give it wear and tear of trooping, going with a Hyperfirm FX E-11 is really good; you can drop the things and they won't break, just bounce.?? You can pick up Grade B's over on FISD for $150~ when they pop up for sale, sometimes better.
If you'd rather something highly accurate, the Doopeydoos Resin kit is pretty awesome, as well as the PhoenixProps kit.?? Both sellers are over on FISD.
You can also take a cut up Sterling L2A3 and modify it onto a new pipe to have a "fully metal" E-11... but it's a bit of a pain.?? I'm halfway through my rebuild in full steel, and Luke Spies (another CTG member) did a build before the same way that came out fantastic.

For a DLT-19... If you're looking for cheap and durable, I picked up a Grade B from HyperfirmFX over on FISD one of the times they were selling for like $200, and love the thing to death.?? You could probably attach a scope to it fairly easily, or they might even sell ones with addon scopes.?? There was another guy selling fully resin DLT-19s with folding stocks and electronics and all that cool crap, but they ran about $400~.?? I think he was selling off facebook.?? Alternatively if you're really ambitious, lucky, and have money to burn, a CT demilled MG34 occasionally will pop up at antique dealers in the $1,000-3,000 range; but I'd mount that on my wall before I bring that sort of thing to a troop ;)

As an FYI, if you don't care much for accuracy and just want basic approval on your costume, that E-11 isn't too far off that level.?? It looks a bit rough, but some folks still troop with Hasbro blasters so the legion isn't too picky.

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

On 4/1/2018 at 10:31 PM, Alay said:

That groove down the center and the handle are worrysome.?? The end cap also looks pretty inaccurate.?? The magazine and magazine housing are both missing lots of detailing.?? It also looks like it's missing the receiver lever.

Out of curiosity, what did you pay for it?

You have two easy options if you think the sunk cost is worth trying to make it more accurate;?? Purchase secondhand resin parts to swap out with some elbowgreases, such as from something like a Doopeydoos kit, or purchase a cut up Sterling L2A3 and glue the parts onto it/swap out what is needed.

If you're not sunk into fixing this particular model, there's several sellers that can get you hooked up with a decent E-11 kit for good prices.?? If you plan to give it wear and tear of trooping, going with a Hyperfirm FX E-11 is really good; you can drop the things and they won't break, just bounce.?? You can pick up Grade B's over on FISD for $150~ when they pop up for sale, sometimes better.
If you'd rather something highly accurate, the Doopeydoos Resin kit is pretty awesome, as well as the PhoenixProps kit.?? Both sellers are over on FISD.
You can also take a cut up Sterling L2A3 and modify it onto a new pipe to have a "fully metal" E-11... but it's a bit of a pain.?? I'm halfway through my rebuild in full steel, and Luke Spies (another CTG member) did a build before the same way that came out fantastic.

For a DLT-19... If you're looking for cheap and durable, I picked up a Grade B from HyperfirmFX over on FISD one of the times they were selling for like $200, and love the thing to death.?? You could probably attach a scope to it fairly easily, or they might even sell ones with addon scopes.?? There was another guy selling fully resin DLT-19s with folding stocks and electronics and all that cool crap, but they ran about $400~.?? I think he was selling off facebook.?? Alternatively if you're really ambitious, lucky, and have money to burn, a CT demilled MG34 occasionally will pop up at antique dealers in the $1,000-3,000 range; but I'd mount that on my wall before I bring that sort of thing to a troop ;)

As an FYI, if you don't care much for accuracy and just want basic approval on your costume, that E-11 isn't too far off that level.?? It looks a bit rough, but some folks still troop with Hasbro blasters so the legion isn't too picky.

Thank you for the knowledge and advice. I paid $45 for it and trying to sell it hoping that someone who just needs a simple prop E-11 could find use for it. Otherwise Im gonna start saving up for the DLT-19X as thats the goal with Del using it quite often in BF2. I think I found someone on IG who makes the DLT-19X and i believe it was $300 and??is a resin kit.????

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler