All Aluminum E11D build

Although I enjoy my 3D printed E11D blaster, I felt it time to upgrade to an all aluminum build! I???ve accumulated most of the parts but still need a few more. I have enough to start though. Below are the parts that I have thus far':

The magazine well, magazine, power cylinders, ranger finder, Hengstler counter, E11 stock and rear stock adapter are all from Field Marshal (AMAZING PARTS!)
I sourced the aluminum tube online and got really lucky in finding an airsoft retractable stock online as well (sadly sold out everywhere)??

First things I???ll be doing is working on the main body and cutting the standard E11 slot for the charging handle and ejection port then on to the front barrel slots. I???ll need to find someone to mill down a portion of the front barrel where it attaches the back body to give the illusion that???s it???s 3 pieces rather than 2.??

Parts I am missing are the entire handle and trigger housing / assembly and the rear??site. If anyone has a lead in metal versions of these I???d be forever grateful!?? I also?? could use a little guidance with drilling /?? cutting aluminum!??

So that???s it for now. Will update once progress is made!??

E11d bui;d.jpg

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

good luck! Cant wait to??see how this turns out??B|

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

Nick,

I have a cut up Sterling L2A3 that some of the parts may be useful for.?? You obviously can't weld steel and aluminum, but if any of the parts would be useful, you're welcome to them.?? I've yet to getting around to machining out my steel tube to weld it all to.

Where did you get your magazine??? Do you have leads on another or a spare???

I need to cut it in half for my rebuild before I can technically bring it into the state, as the sterling original exceeds state maximum size.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Hey Sarah! Appreciate the reply and offer! I???d definitely take you up on that if I could take some measurements from your parts! That???d be helpful! Maybe bring some to thya armor party???

??

The magazine is definitely still available. You can find it here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282266318754

??

i am not quite sure yet how I am going to machine the tube yet. Any help or direction to get that done is very much appreciated!

??

as for??the handle frame,??if I had access to the right tooling, I???d consider building it but alas, I do not!??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

27 minutes ago, Feliz said:

Maybe bring some to thya armor party???

I can definitely do that! :)

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Holy Moly thats gonna be Sick!????

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

On 4/4/2018 at 8:31 AM, Feliz said:

Hey Sarah! Appreciate the reply and offer! I???d definitely take you up on that if I could take some measurements from your parts! That???d be helpful! Maybe bring some to thya armor party???

??

The magazine is definitely still available. You can find it here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282266318754

??

i am not quite sure yet how I am going to machine the tube yet. Any help or direction to get that done is very much appreciated!

??

as for??the handle frame,??if I had access to the right tooling, I???d consider building it but alas, I do not!??

Bring the tube to the armor party, I???ll bring my drill with some good drill bits , I???m pretty good ??with work g with metal??

• Love 1

Thanks so much for the info Luke! Very much appreciated! I have dropped the tubes off with a friend who works at a machine shop and he???s going to do the basic machining for me. The only things I need now are the grip frame / trigger assembly and the rear site. I???d consider using one from a real sterling but cannot find one separate from an entire sterling parts kit. It might be too heavy as well. I have the plastic grip for the handle so I???m trying to see if maybe I can have one made in aluminum. I have all the parts from field marshal which are great! I know he???s working on the grip frame but not sure when it???ll be available. I could purchase aluminum sheet stock but I???m not sure how I???d cut out the frame. Any suggestions are definitely welcome!

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

I've gone ahead and highlighted @Kamin Ressik's post.?? He posted some of that info on the old forums too and it was extremely valuable to me while researching my metal E-11 build.?? I guarantee it will help others!

??

@Feliz??If the parts I bring Saturday are useful you're free to take em, grind em, etc.????

8qAXZbQ.png

7 hours ago, Alay said:

I've gone ahead and highlighted @Kamin Ressik's post.?? He posted some of that info on the old forums too and it was extremely valuable to me while researching my metal E-11 build.?? I guarantee it will help others!

??

@Feliz??If the parts I bring Saturday are useful you're free to take em, grind em, etc.????

Thanks SO much, Sarah! I would love to take a look at those parts for sure. I don't think I'll have my main pipes done by then but I'll bring what I have for you to take?? a peak at and check out the parts that you have!??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

I couldnt remember the name earlier.??Apex guns has the best price on deactivated sterling???s and parts. ??That???s where I got mine. ??They???re much cheaper than IMA. ??

??

If you live in a ban state ***read CT***??make sure to send the magazine to a friendly state and have a friend chop it for you. ??That???s what I did. ??Perfectly legal once it???s??chopped to 10 rounds or less or you just chop the end off so it???s unserviceable

I wish I could make the armor party. ??I???d bring it.??

??

My recommendation. ??Ditch the barrel. It???s a lot of weight. ??Also, chop of as much as you can of the bolt. ??You can take a lot of weight off of those two items alone. ??I troop with mine so weight is a major concern. ?? It still weighs in over five lbs.

if Sarah has the muzzle piece just take it to a machinist along with the receiver tube. ??They can turn it on a lathe so it drops right in. ??Then use jbweld and your good to go. ??I did the same with the butt cap locking thread. ??I had it turn down until he couldn???t get the chuck to hold it. ??I used a dremel with sanding drum to take it the rest of the way.??

If you???re careful and take your time you can have everything work like the real Sterling. ??

As for the grip frame. ??It???d either weight for field marshal or buy one from Apex. ??Don???t Mae your own unless you have mad CNC skills. ??Plus, you???ve come this far. ??Make it all a work. ??

If I ever have some free time, I???ve got a plecterlabs blaster core just waiting to be installed. ??Having a working trigger group is key.??

I got my t track from wannawanga and it???s perfect. ??His lengths are just a bit oversize which allow you a practice run or two on heating and bending.??

Playful woflcub makes the best cylinders IMHO and I???d have to look but I got my scope rail from a guy on whitearmor.??

Edited by Kamin Ressik
  • Love 1

Thanks so much Luke!?? I don't need much more regarding sterling parts. With the E11D, I won't need the Spring, bolt or inner parts as the charging handle slot and ejection port are closed off. I have a lot of Field Marshals aluminum parts already so I may?? wait to see when he completes his?? fire control / frame assembly. But I am going to check out Sarah's to see how it breaks down. The 2 main tubes are with a friend who works at a machine shop. Hopefully those are done in a few weeks. I hate this waiting! I need something to doooooo!

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• 3 weeks later...

Made some progress on the front barrel...

E28003F5-D418-4262-82D0-7C22E702279C.jpeg

1659F9AD-5E31-4BD5-8084-124BD686807D.jpeg

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Looking good nick!?? Wanna machine my steel one for me? :P

8qAXZbQ.png

Lol, would love to...if it were me machining it! I have a friend sneaking it in in his spare time at work.

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Finally making some good progress!!!

EB051793-5644-4183-A92F-ABF6CB1B4F41.jpeg

381F8D84-9EF8-4405-AFAB-5E83553D2957.jpeg

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Attached the front barrel...really happy with how this is working out

88FB8465-51DF-47C7-90A2-97B5A85B815D.jpeg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Attached the stock

750A9203-C3CE-424A-A9E0-A488B784954A.jpeg

C0D469EA-8A4F-48F2-A6DC-68BC3FD39835.jpeg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Wow that's gorgeous so far! Great job

8qAXZbQ.png

Amazing work Nick!!?? loving it!

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

Much appreciated! Made a wee bit more progress...

24FE4DA6-172A-4458-9D1A-8773FF4A4732.jpeg

BD02D703-D735-4F45-86F8-D1E87C8C18DA.jpeg

95EA89DE-5F3D-4F6A-8BFE-15E99723417B.jpeg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

A little power cylinder mounting action...

1ECB2B13-95E4-45C7-BF0D-1C62AEF769D6.jpeg

7C097980-DC85-468A-A7ED-F94B4F600378.jpeg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• 1 month later...

Starting to come together.??

3F79DAC2-586B-416A-908D-D0885AFFD147.jpeg

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686