Farm Day! - 09/01/18 10:00 AM to 09/01/18 01:00 PM

Farm Day in Bolton CT!?? Come meet members of the 501st Connecticut Legion and enjoy ice cream on a fantastic labor day

We're going to do 10am-1pm

Arrival time: 9am

I will be there all day, either in my officer costume or wrangling.?? -Joan

This really sounds like a fun event!!!!!!!!?? I mean free ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!

??

From the organizer:??

All of our volunteers (including yours) would receive wristbands which will give them access to all of the free activities for the day including all you can eat ice cream, hay rides, barn tours and games.?? All volunteers also have access to the volunteer break station (which does have a small bathroom) where they can replenish with cold water, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and snacks.?? We do ask our volunteers to bring their own refillable bottle as we use an office cooler for water.

Hello, I work at the Lutz Children's Museum in Manchester, CT. We are a children's museum whose mission is the hands on education of children ages 2-10. All of our programming is educational and involves some sort of hands on interaction. We have lots of artifacts, crafts and animals. Besides the classes we have here at the museum, we also offer outreach programs where we travel to local schools, libraries and community centers. We also offer field trips here at the museum.

We are a small community based museum that relies heavily on donations from the community. We have our largest fundraiser of the year coming up on September 1st. It is called Farm Day and is similar to a fall fair. We take over a dairy farm in Bolton and have games, rides, ice cream, hayrides, barn tours, arts and crafts, live animals, live music and food. We usually get between 5-6,000 attendees each year.

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Farm Day!

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

I'll go starting at 10 :)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Been to this event in the past. Its a huge crowd there with lots of activities to do. Lots of kids at this event. The Ice Cream is a plus. Id sign up but i know the area is not paved and I wouldn't be able to get R2 unloaded anywhere. Might see you there as a spectator with the family though.

• Love 1

r2-builders-logo.gif Member of R2 Builders Club

R2 Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATrevelyan

16 minutes ago, trevelyan said:

Been to this event in the past. Its a huge crowd there with lots of activities to do. Lots of kids at this event. The Ice Cream is a plus. Id sign up but i know the area is not paved and I wouldn't be able to get R2 unloaded anywhere. Might see you there as a spectator with the family though.

Awesome to hear!?? Be sure to say hi if you and the family end up stopping by :)

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 3 weeks later...

Need one more to make this happen!?? Can anyone else do 10-1??? :)

??

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to confirmed!

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yep??:dancing-trooper:free ice cream, and it's great too.

Awesome!!

Anyone else for this Saturday??? :)

8qAXZbQ.png

Please use the main access road up to the farm.?? This will be blocked off for handicapped access only by 9am. Please print and use the handy-dandy completely impossible to copy (HAHA) parking pass I attached to this email, and they will let you up.?? If you can print it on brightly colored paper that is best, if not no worries. As you drive up the main access road there will be a police car across the road.?? There will be an open gate to a field to the right of the police car. Enter there for the easiest parking. Please check in at the volunteer check in station (first table/tent next to this parking lot entrance) and let them know who you are. If I am not at that station ask them to call for me and I will show you where you can get ready and store your belongings.?? The volunteer break station will have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as well as snacks, fresh fruit and a water cooler.?? Please bring a refillable water bottle if you can.?? If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!!

??

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

I couldn't get access to the google doc....thank you for bringing extras Joan.

I live right off exit 4, the farm is exit 5; if anyone would like to meet up prior and drive in together.....LMK (860) 202-4554

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

It's a very intricate pass ?

pARKING pASS.pdf

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

@bloodgod3087??may be joining us! :D

??

Arrival time is 9am folks!?? Looks like they'll be blocking off parking access by then so getting there earlier might be prudent.

8qAXZbQ.png

We're changing in the side barn

8qAXZbQ.png