Dengar for 20466

Alay

Realized my Jodo Kast costume is probably going to take multiple years at the current rate, and I really wanted a bounty hunter costume.?? Since I already have a Line Officer that I use as my posh-and-perfect dressed character, I thought someone that looks as slapped together as Dengar is a great foil!

I'll edit these with links in the future...

Armor: Coming from TrooperMaster
Backpack: Coming from Shawn
DLT-19: Hyperfirm (already owned)
Holster: Darman
Gloves: Tillmans gloves
Pouches: Purchased from TKittel
Jumpsuit (x2): Purchased from Red Kap
Boots: Tandy Leather pattern WIP
Belt: TBD
Greeblies: TBD

??

The story so far!

??

Dyed my jumpsuit(s):

iAWeBCG.jpg

E2qr38Z.jpg

??

Going to use the second for the hood once I figure out a pattern... I'm bad at sewing and nervous about this lol!

??

Here's the gloves I'm using??

ucXKQlr.jpg

??

I realized with a dremmel I can get the logo off... here's a couple of minutes and it's already half faded

MEW7tiB.jpg

I've taken it off completely on both so far

??

So far the biggest bother is the boots...

rvU4YGZ.jpg

wbecNGf.jpg

whNBbWw.jpg

??

Cutting the leather is already miserable... when it gets to lacing them it'll be even worse I'm betting.

??

Last but not least, I've been playing around with making a scar prosthetic for the facial stuff.?? My first attempt at making a simple mold for one, using Smooth-On brand resin and Dragon-FX Pro

HZAbnWo.jpg

HnTayM8.jpg

oBcQbtZ.jpg

??

More pictures to come... I'll probably make a second and third version of the scaring prosthetic mold.?? I figure since I already am going to have to use plenty of makeup to cover my freckles, it should be easy enough to hide a prosthetic.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

My armor just shipped out today! :D

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Sweet! cant wait to see it??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

Big brown box from Troopermaster!!

??

IMG_20180226_144224.thumb.jpg.81e15884b2dea62553c0ae916ad74612.jpgIMG_20180226_144944.thumb.jpg.fc4e57726a41212d098f10a56678a7e4.jpg

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

IMG_20180228_164105.thumb.jpg.ec12ded0a718254bd55f59b7a838ace0.jpgIMG_20180228_164321.thumb.jpg.2633c6ffca79075e48b7687dac931a96.jpgIMG_20180228_150908.thumb.jpg.5127ce26f09e4f90f2f93ddcb3c2d3ff.jpg

??

Made the hood today. ??First attempt at sewing anything ever... Went about as well as expected. ??Just need to add the buttons

• Love 2

8qAXZbQ.png

Did a full soft parts "test"... jumpsuit still needs it's second dye job to be a weathered Tan, but the hood should be about right at least

IMG_20180304_220051.jpg.8ad1572eca8d11aca95530f3ecc25a33.jpg

IMG_20180304_220120.jpg.f17dbd08de3f7642d809489cd00ac21f.jpg

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Big progress push today... Just waiting on shins to glue to start the thighs.

??

Just needs weathering with black acrylic

IMG_20180318_171111.thumb.jpg.8ae064ae18f7ca379bfa0ff14c034272.jpgIMG_20180318_165842.thumb.jpg.6443e5d8b0e7736cbdde240880c4d2d5.jpg

??

and the cod armor scar

IMG_20180318_160448.thumb.jpg.71903dabb874e7e25aeca25f1c1c14d0.jpg

??

8qAXZbQ.png

Looking Great Sarah!! Nice job!!

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736

Thanks!!

??

Painting and belt done. ??Sewing canvas for the legs is hellllllIMG_20180322_205213.thumb.jpg.c4c4978cfb7bd7b6cfec68ce1899c49b.jpgIMG_20180322_224322.thumb.jpg.e7b7e8999ff0c88a46c2636b8fe812bf.jpg

• Love 2

8qAXZbQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh... Sewing. ??Leg straps done. ??Just gotta tackle the damn boots now.

IMG_20180408_183709.thumb.jpg.249396f4ec48fedc2f2a64bb3eb131d1.jpg

8qAXZbQ.png

Wow this is exciting! Looks great so far!!
I???m guessing you are rather sick of staring at the sewing machine about now...but they look great! Nice work!

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...

So close I can taste it...

Received my backpack

zg7ZLyv.jpg

All the armor weathering is done too

I cut the backpack down to size:

KVCHu1P.jpg

Chicago Screwed the shoulder bridges and added the green strapping under em

rK50WNX.jpg

8DiI8vG.jpg

Sized and strapped my shoulder bells

tfoKyeT.jpg

Cut and attached my holster

RyUvt9k.jpg

Rj3YoqK.jpg

Sewed velcro to and dyed all my straps and belt and pouches...?? Might need some weathering dunno yet

pJsjJrk.jpg

Finished my boots and they look extra shitty (Perfect!)

qH86pMf.jpg

And they fit nicely too!?? Just need some insoles and possibly bottoms

ZLQhxb8.jpg

GiqRPO8.jpg

The backpack-> chest strapping is mostly taken care of.?? Where do the split rivets go on the backpack->shoulder straps (per CRL)??? Do they even matter??? The shoulder strap is mostly for show on mine, since it has a much sturdier backpack strapping.

I also saw that the thighs are supposed to have riveted strap that goes around the leg... does the rivet need to be painted??? If so I missed the boat on that one... if not I'll probably add that!

Unfortunately I'm going without a butt plate... it's just too big for me.?? Talked with @rottie about getting a kids size TK one that might be workable, but for now I'm strapping the cod to the back of the belt.

8qAXZbQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the thumbs up from our lovely GMLs after reviewing the costume in person and on photos.?? I'm officially BH-20466 too!

xu2ZBpy.jpg

Full album here:

??

??

I was also asked to weather up the pouches a bit more... Various spraypaints, charcoal powder, and clearcoat and they look good and screwed up

35130837_659541267718322_4651586157233045504_n.thumb.jpg.f4adc20c09c1bdb8c98d9bc2470cca8f.jpg

??

Ride doesn't stop there though; improvements to come.?? I want to pad up the boots a bit because after walking on them for 30 minutes they HURT and look kinda lame.?? I also need to swap a clip for a buckle on the backpack side.?? I ended up adding the rivets and strap to the thigh, though it isn't very visible... It's more accurate.

Also need to talk to Walt over at WTF about a tiny children's size chestplate because my butt is too tiny for a full size one.?? I'd like to add that as the final "movie accurate" bit.?? I also need to cast half my face to do a proper prosthetic because the one I tried to freehand came out much crappier than the scarring liquid does.?? So I figure I'll scar liquid myself up, cast over that, and go from there.

Last but not least... maybe get the right gun.?? The DLT-19 was only used in behind the scenes shots.

8qAXZbQ.png

Well Done Sarah and Beautiful work!?? Congratulations!!!!??

• Love 1

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736