Pre-Armor Vader Update and Question

Mikado

Hey Troopers!

I???m excited to tell you all that my Pre-Armor Vader is nearing completion. I have all the major and minor components except for the leather tabards, which are due to arrive on??? May 4th! Once those are in, I will have a complete costume, and it will be time to take approval pictures! Those will be added in a separate thread.

I do have one question, though, and that concerns contact lenses. In the CRL for Pre-Armor Vader, it states that the contact lenses (to create the ???Sith eyes??? effect) are an essential part of the costume, but can be waived if the costumer is unable to wear them. In other clubs, such as Saber Guild, contact lenses are considered medical devices, and are never mandated. I have never worn contact lenses, and have never needed to do so. Could I possibly get away without using the contacts?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mikado said:

??I have never worn contact lenses, and have never needed to do so. Could I possibly get away without using the contacts?

I had a similar issue with my palpatine costume.?? I kind of toughed it out but they give me a really hard time.??

The CRL says "the contact lens requirement will be waived for 501st acceptance if the applicant cannot wear contact lenses for health related reasons"

Having said that... there's no way a reasonable person will force someone to put something in their eye if they don't want to.???? The "REQUIREMENT" is dumb and i will not force you to do it because that would be equally as dumb.

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

As Joe says above, it's the opinion of this command team that contact lenses are optional, and encouraged *only* after seeing an eye doctor for a proper fitting.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 3 months later...

Hey gang, I hit a major snag on my quest to get my Anakin approved in all three fan clubs. My application to the Rebel Legion was denied. The reason? The outer tunic and leather tabards were both too short. Unfortunately both will have to be replaced. There goes my spending money for the next few months!

The judge also said that the obi appeared too narrow (which it isn???t), and that the covertec clip was the wrong style (which it was). The clip is easy to fix. I already ordered one in the correct style.

I admit that I am deeply frustrated by this setback. It???s painful to sink a lot of money into a costume, only to have a stranger tell you that it???s not good enough.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 10:51 PM, Mikado said:

Hey gang, I hit a major snag on my quest to get my Anakin approved in all three fan clubs. My application to the Rebel Legion was denied. The reason? The outer tunic and leather tabards were both too short. Unfortunately both will have to be replaced. There goes my spending money for the next few months!

The judge also said that the obi appeared too narrow (which it isn???t), and that the covertec clip was the wrong style (which it was). The clip is easy to fix. I already ordered one in the correct style.

I admit that I am deeply frustrated by this setback. It???s painful to sink a lot of money into a costume, only to have a stranger tell you that it???s not good enough.

Sorry to hear this, Bill. Keep at it. My armored Vader build is one year and thousands of dollars in with many parts revisions, and I'm only half done! You will get there.