Group Mandalorain Costuming Build Outline & Resources - (ONGOING GROUP PROJECT)

Huzzah!

I think I'm gonna do Decipher Jodo. He's Mando right???

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 3 weeks later...

This is fantastic. I???ve been thinking about doing a Mando. Actually 2. One will be for fun and one will be for MMCC approval. Most likely post imperial. ??

Ok I am so excited about this group project. I have been thinking about this more and more lately. Now I might have three mandos in mind. I still want to do a custom Mando, and my one for fun, but now I???m thinking I might need a death watch as well.??
??

I have been printing some stuff a little at a time, I???ve got a couple of helmets in progress, well one is messed up due to the file was a test from a friend and not quite ready. I???ve also been printing up gauntlets from an Alterego file.??
??

My ???one for fun??? is actually based on a Mando with Stihl colorings. I sell out door power equipment for a living and with one of my extra helmets I figured I???d do a Stihlalorian. I???m using mesh for the visor instead of a lens so it will look like a safety shield. I had also been working with chainmail even before it appeared in The Mandalorian. I plan on using some of this in this Mando. This one won???t be for approval so I???m not concerned. (Although I???m a little confused that chainmail is not allowed by the MMCC. I mean it???s conceivable that someone, somewhere in a galaxy far far away could have thought of chainmail.).

I do have lots of questions about all of these builds ??

well enough of my babbling for now.??
??

??

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mylehigh said:

somewhere in a galaxy far far away could have thought of chainmail.).

??

I mean... literally in BoBF the Armorer makes a chainmail shirt for Grogu. but yeah as part of an armor kit it's too "earthy" i guess for MMCC

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

4 hours ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

I mean... literally in BoBF the Armorer makes a chainmail shirt for Grogu. but yeah as part of an armor kit it's too "earthy" i guess for MMCC

I have been thinking about doing Chainmaile way before the armor made that chain mail shirt. Then I was like now everyone???s gonna think I wanted to do it because of the show.

I have seen them say that chain mail is too earthly looking. I just don???t get that. Just because we haven???t seen anyone wearing it yet doesn???t it mean no one???s had it. However, I get it. Their sandbox, their rules.??

9 hours ago, Mylehigh said:

So how far is everyone? ??Is there a WIP thread for the group? Each one of us?

We're all kind of nebulously working on them.??

I think starting individual WIP threads is probably honestly a good idea.????

• Like 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

First of my questions unless I???m looking in the wrong place the MMCC CRL???s seem maddeningly vague. Is there a place I can find detailed examples of costume parts?

1 hour ago, Mylehigh said:

First of my questions unless I???m looking in the wrong place the MMCC CRL???s seem maddeningly vague. Is there a place I can find detailed examples of costume parts?

MMCC is maddeningly vague mostly because there can be a lot of flexibility in custom projects.?? But best practice is select an era then spend some time looking on the MMCC boards and researching what some people have done for differnet eras.?? the Mando Merc Builders group on FB is very active and that group will usually tell you what will and wont fly for any particular era if you have ideas

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, Mylehigh said:

So how far is everyone? ??Is there a WIP thread for the group? Each one of us?

Slow but steady progress here.?? Sanding, priming, sanding, painting, sanding.0704221024.thumb.jpg.d134a4d373fb51242fd550c4c2dce7f1.jpg

• Like 2
  • The topic was unpinned