Fundraiser in Stafford for family in need

Hey gang, 

I was contacted by a woman who is trying to raise funds for a family whose young father/husband was seriously injured in a motorcycle collision. Not only are the medical bills going through the roof, but the family is out "Dad's paycheck" while he's in hospital and probably for a long time in physical therapy. She has asked if the 501st CTG would be able to attend the event at a local restaurant if it was held on a Thursday evening.

I told her that a week night for any type of charity event is not a really good idea, as weekends always find people freer to attend... plus they want to do it after school is back in session and families are settled into their new routines. 

If a Thursday is not doable I will try to get her to see that a weekend would be more effective, but I'm tossing this out for discussion so I can gauge possible interest or even the ability to do it on a week night. 

I suggested to her to do it during a weekend afternoon so the characters can walk around outside and be seen by traffic going by...... night time indoors has little chance of pulling unsuspecting people inside...... unless they do a LOT of advertising for it. 

Discuss ....... 

17 hours ago, Gian Daro said:

Hey gang, 

I was contacted by a woman who is trying to raise funds for a family whose young father/husband was seriously injured in a motorcycle collision. Not only are the medical bills going through the roof, but the family is out "Dad's paycheck" while he's in hospital and probably for a long time in physical therapy. She has asked if the 501st CTG would be able to attend the event at a local restaurant if it was held on a Thursday evening.

I told her that a week night for any type of charity event is not a really good idea, as weekends always find people freer to attend... plus they want to do it after school is back in session and families are settled into their new routines. 

If a Thursday is not doable I will try to get her to see that a weekend would be more effective, but I'm tossing this out for discussion so I can gauge possible interest or even the ability to do it on a week night. 

I suggested to her to do it during a weekend afternoon so the characters can walk around outside and be seen by traffic going by...... night time indoors has little chance of pulling unsuspecting people inside...... unless they do a LOT of advertising for it. 

Discuss ....... 

Hey hey Brenda, 

Thank you for reaching out about this. Would you be able to send us the details / contact person's name, phone number and email and we can reach out to them to see if we can do anything for them? Please email lgradden@yahoo.com and copy nicholashscofield@gmail.com and Lou.secki@gmail.com.

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

3 hours ago, Feliz said:

Hey hey Brenda, 

Thank you for reaching out about this. Would you be able to send us the details / contact person's name, phone number and email and we can reach out to them to see if we can do anything for them? Please email lgradden@yahoo.com and copy nicholashscofield@gmail.com and Lou.secki@gmail.com.

Done! I sent info to you all via email.  Thanks, guys. 

Hey Brenda, if we don’t have the numbers for a garrison outing and you still want to do this for the family let me know and I’ll join you.  Was this the motorcycle accident in Somers a few weeks ago or a different one?

7 hours ago, CTdadalorian20 said:

Hey Brenda, if we don’t have the numbers for a garrison outing and you still want to do this for the family let me know and I’ll join you.  Was this the motorcycle accident in Somers a few weeks ago or a different one?

Yeah it was a few weeks ago.... I don't believe it was in Somers as he was airlifted from our Big Y parking lot in Stafford. 

19 hours ago, Gian Daro said:

Yeah it was a few weeks ago.... I don't believe it was in Somers as he was airlifted from our Big Y parking lot in Stafford. 

Ok, shoot me a message on Facebook if you need support and we can’t get enough bodies for an official appearance.

On 8/14/2023 at 7:35 PM, CTdadalorian20 said:

Ok, shoot me a message on Facebook if you need support and we can’t get enough bodies for an official appearance.

Appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...