Grand Admiral Thrawn Rebels Build

Ahoy Friends!

I have decided to build a Grand Admiral Thrawn costume, specifically how he appears in Rebels/Ahsoka. I know we have one approved Thrawn in our Garrison already, which is a boon, and I will appreciate all of your help and input.

For parts, all I really have for the moment are the boots. If you have seen my Han Solo costume, it’s the exact same pair. They are knee high black English riding boots made from leather, and have no fasteners or zippers.

The trickiest part of this costume will be the soft parts, specifically the tunic and trousers. They must be made of the same material, and the trousers must be made of a reasonably durable material so that my prosthetic knee doesn’t chew a bunch of holes in them. For those of you who have gotten officers approved, who made your uniforms? I will most likely need to commission both the tunic and trousers.

I will post updates here as they come along. Thanks for joining me on this mission!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Mikado said:

… For those of you who have gotten officers approved, who made your uniforms? I will most likely need to commission both the tunic and trousers.

I would start with WampaWear as they have both the tunic and the white jodhpurs to match, are US based, accurate, and relatively fast to ship.  They offer standard sizes:

https://wampawear.com/product-category/uniform/

A second option is Magnoli Clothiers and they have the full uniform as well.  All of their uniforms are made to measure and they tend to have very long lead times.  Make sure you get the measurements right as customer service is hit or miss otherwise:

https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/imperial-uniform-p-1134.html

Clothears is a third option in a similar fashion to Magnoli but I’m unsure if they produce a Grand Admiral uniform:  https://clothearscostumes.com/replicas/

Denuo Novo has a white tunic but no matching jodhurs and it will be a struggle to match their specific fabric. 

Signature Small 2.png

DS/SL/ID/IC/IN/IG/TI - 20304 | SG -1035

On 2/16/2024 at 12:51 PM, Mikado said:

specifically how he appears in Rebels/Ahsoka

Keep in mind these CRLs are very different (I'm not sure if IOC has finished the Ahsoka variant yet).  Make sure you're consistent with one or the other!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve changed my mind! I will be building Legends Thrawn instead. That costume has fewer parts, is easier to find parts, and allows me to dye my hair a natural color.

What turned me away from Rebels Thrawn was the difficult time I was having finding certain parts, especially the trousers made of the same material as a tunic. 

• 3 weeks later...

The first two pieces of my Legends Thrawn build have arrived: epaulets made by our very own Ezra! Thanks, friend!

IMG_1356.jpeg