All TIE'd up in knots - Chewy's ANH TIE Pilot

Thanks to @Astraline??I have come into possession of a black flight suit that fits me excellently, so I've decided to put together a ANH TIE Pilot as an alternative to my usual TK. I'm looking specifically to portray??DS-61-3 "Backstabber", one of??two pilots from Black Squadron who flew the trench run with Darth Vader, and ended up shot out of the sky by the rebel Han Solo.

This handsome gentleman right here.

backstabber.png.890751feab1a870c8f81056aa2a198bd.png

Seems a pretty straightforward costume to make. :)

Link to costume CRL:??http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TI_TIE_Pilot_ANH

Helmet, armour, and hoses: coming from WTF.
Balaclava: same one as my TK.
Flight Suit: Wampawear.??Already has vinyl Cogwheel patches.
Commpad: TBD - probably get @Alay??to help me make one from scratch.
Chestbox: TBD - probably 3D printed.

Belt:??Tigg-Wolf Creations??or from Wampawear.
Gloves: Wampawear, ImperialBoots, or elsewhere.
Boots: ImperialBoots, though I'll probably actually??just??go find a pair of jack-boots and make them work.
I don't believe Backstabber wears any code cylinders??but I might see if I can get a pair of the wooden stunt ones for funsies.

I will be crossposting this to the Jolly Roger Squadron at some point in the near future. More pictures to come soon!

• Love 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

• 2 weeks later...

If @Backpacks Got Jets pulls the trigger on that lathe we can totally make the belt and code cylinders like that

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Random fun fact while thinking about it... DS-61-2 and DS-61-3 were named initially by the Star Wars Customizable Card Game by Decipher as Mauler Mithel and Backstabber, respectively.?? The CCG was responsible for naming a large quantity of background characters in the early days of Legend Expanded Universe. ;)

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Damn Awesome Chris!?? Great Build Choice??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 4 months later...

Very small update on this:

• Hard parts of the kit ordered from WTF. :)
  • Gonna be the test dummy for Sarah's new belt-making project. Sorted!

My aim is to be done with this in time for the Space Expo event next at the New England Air Museum. I need a picture of me sitting in the F100 jet. :P

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Rubber commpad inbound too ;)

IMG_20181117_231904.jpg

IMG_20181118_092932.jpg

8qAXZbQ.png

8qAXZbQ.png