ComiConn Sci-Fi Night @Sports Center of Connecticut - 09/22/18 01:00 PM to 09/22/18 05:00 PM

Ultimately everyone's choice to participate, but raising a good chunk of charity money is one of the Garrison's goals, especially with conventions.?? Talk people into donating to pew pew troopers if you're going to walk around at least, and it's appreciated.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

This is true, the legion does assist the community??by doing charity work. But we also wear our costumes to support Star Wars in general??at events. So by us being there were helping Eric, someone who's supported us as a garrison in the past, and the community by bringing a large organization such as the 501st to the event. But, if the vast majority of people going don't have an interest in BAT, then we can do something else ?

Edited by Foxhound621
6 hours ago, Foxhound621 said:

This is true, the legion does assist the community??by doing charity work. But we also wear our costumes to support Star Wars in general??at events. So by us being there were helping Eric, someone who's supported us as a garrison in the past, and the community by bringing a large organization such as the 501st to the event. But, if the vast majority of people going don't have an interest in BAT, then we can do something else ?

Erik has no problem with blast a trooper and raising money for charity so I'm not really understanding the issue. If you don't want to do blast a trooper then don't but others want to and have fun with it. There are enough people signed up that whoever doesn't want to stay at the table their entire shift won't have to.????But some want to so please don't come down on people for wanting to do something you don't. And it's a huge fundraiser for us so I'd rather see it done than not.??

• Love 1

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

Event time of 1PM-> 5PM has been confirmed and finalized.?? This event is now confirmed.?? See ya on September 22nd folks!

Be sure to arrive with time to spare in getting changed and whatnot.?? If you have helmet fans, make sure they've got new batteries before the event (I'll bring extra double A, triple A, and a spare 9v or two if folks need extra) as it'll very likely get heated up with lots of bodies in the room.

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

How big is the area this event is going to be in? ??Did you get a floor plan? The event in bridgeport that was a promo for comicon was in a very small room and it was crowded??

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

10 hours ago, jimsprenkle said:

How big is the area this event is going to be in? ??Did you get a floor plan? The event in bridgeport that was a promo for comicon was in a very small room and it was crowded??

I'll reach out to Erik to see if there's an exact floor plan laid out yet.?? The Sports Center of CT from online information seems fairly large.

8qAXZbQ.png

Ive put myself down as a Maybe for Trooping but i will definitely be there for Setup and Wrangler if that helps.??

Everyone Trooping - Expect me to find you and get in suit pictures of you with and without helmet.?? Ill use these to both fill in and empty Legion DB GWL Pics and also for our new members, myself included, to put a name to a face. thanks??

• Love 1

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

We got our new backdrop banner!????

Added a public description so this will be on our homepage now.?? Still need to get the official banner stuff as that all gets nailed down.

Place seems fairly big so we should have good room to wander abouts and spread out.

8qAXZbQ.png

Were pretty much going to be the highlight of the show.?? Our numbers alone will shut down the place. hahah

• Love 1

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

On 8/13/2018 at 9:42 AM, First0rder said:

Were pretty much going to be the highlight of the show.?? Our numbers alone will shut down the place. hahah???

Yup, that's what will happen if we're wanting to help someone who has done so much for us!

Dave Spencer

Kamino Base XO

Former CTG XO/GWM/Archivist

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

TK/DZ 7212

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, The Skull said:

Yup, that's what will happen if we're wanting to help someone who has done so much for us!

Eric does so much for us and it would be almost disrespectful to him if we didnt do it to show him thanks for everything he does for us

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

35 minutes ago, jimsprenkle said:

I may even bring??a jawa with me too.??

That'd be awesome!

8qAXZbQ.png

I hate to do this but I'm going to have to back out. I was hoping our assistant coaches would be able to cover the game but they're unable to make it so to prevent a forfeit I'm going to do the game. My apologies!

Tom Dyer

TD-6146

Reminder; Arrival time is 12 noon tomorrow! Be there!

I'll be 15-20 early to start setting up backdrop and stuff.?? Come early and give me a hand if you want :)

8qAXZbQ.png

I hate to do this, but I have no choice.?? It seems that I have gained quite a few pounds since I last wore my TIE.?? I can't really fit into my jumpsuit, even uncomfortablely, so I am regretfully backing out.

------------------------

boxconveyor.gif

TI-1883

-Steve

Parking by ice ring

8qAXZbQ.png

Thanks a lot to everyone that came out!?? We raised about $100 for CCMC, had a fantastic test run at the Shelton sports center for Erik, and (I at least!) had a marvelous time! :)????

??

Tons of pictures to upload... if you want to add to the album, click below!

??

8qAXZbQ.png