Hi, longtime admirer coming aboard!!

Hey Mason,

Welcome aboard!?? I can't help you pick a costume because that's a hugely personal choice, but I can suggest that you take a look through the list of active CRLs:??http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbyname

These are costumes in the legion that have already been approved!?? The ever classic Stormtrooper is a fan favorite, and not too difficult once you get going/have some help :)?? Do keep in mind that some costumes take a lot more time/effort/money than others, so if you're on a tight budget of time or money, let us know and we can help guide you.?? Most expensive costume is probably one of the Boba Fett versions, while on the flip side a Jawa can be done for around $150-200 if you're crafty ;)

You might also want to come to our Armor Party on November 17th.?? This is a cool way to meet the other folks in the garrison, ask questions in person to our Membership Liaisons and other knowledgeable folks, and have a good time! More info below

??

Be sure to check??out??Imperial Protocol??for more information, and be sure to set up a build thread in our??Costume Building??section as you get started with your Vader costume!.

Please be sure to review the??Membership Approval Handbook??for more information!?? If you have any questions feel free to ask

??

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Welcome!

I'd recommend you start out with the classic ANH Stormtrooper??for your first build. It is reasonably inexpensive with various different manufacturers to choose from, is??pretty straightforward to assemble, and always looks great??at events.??It's also very forgiving for different body shapes and sizes, so you can easily make changes and update the suit in the future. If you??want something with a bit more??mobility I suggest trying either an Imperial Officer (Line or Staff),??or a TIE Pilot??if you like having the helmet.

I notice that you're interested in a ROTS Vader - try??signing up at??http://forum.501stsithlords.com/ and asking them about it. The CRL is partially incomplete probably because the costume is quite rare... most Vader costumes tend to be from??one of the original trilogy movies, and offhand I'm not sure how different the ROTS version is or how difficult it would be to source the kit. Give it a whirl with the Sith Lord Detachment and see if they can help ya. :)

• Love 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Welcome Mason,??

Good luck on choosing your costume and know that your on your way to becoming part of a great group. I am a recruit working on Inferno Squad and some many members in this group are so friendly and kind. They are always there if you have questions or concerns.??

Hope to see you at the armor party!??

??

• Love 2

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I'll still be working on getting the ROTS Vader build together, but in the meantime I'd like to be Shoretrooper.

I've found some leads on some near-complete Shoretrooper builds on the Pathfinders forum, I'll run them by you folks at the Armor Party!

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...