Making it fit: Anovos ANH TK Stunt

As some of you know I cheated and got my TK armor used instead of starting from a kit. The previous owner was??taller than I am. Tall enough to where I need to do some trimming down on a few pieces. Shouldn't be too hard but I figure I would post pictures as I go.

I Haven't had time to start??yet, but I did get my boots in! I feel like Cinderella!??

tkboots_web.thumb.jpg.004008ced1c6bcc2587b5393c61bc24a.jpg

??

I noticed some TK's have this odd notch on top of the left thigh. It's hard to tell from movie reference shots if this is the same for all TK's because the drop box??often covers that area. Should this be made smooth or is it more accurate to keep the notch?

20190804_124955.thumb.jpg.4d143912ce4805e6c8231fd3b89ca7b9.jpg

• Like 2

Preferably keep that notch, but it's not the end of the world if it's missing :)

??

glad to see you starting on the boots and stuff!

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

If you want or need to keep the notch, just trim following the edges pattern to make it fit you. As I had showed you at the armor build.

On the chest and back, if it is too big on you then just adjust the under straps to fit you better.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 months later...

Hey all,
??I've seen pics of the troops from??over the summer and early fall??and I hope to join in soon! My summer was very busy and I didn't have much time to work on the armor. Here's where I'm at so far.
The torso, chest, kidney, and butt plate were too wide so I flexed them gently into shape with the help of a heat gun.??
??

front.thumb.jpg.fda0a0c4be74d5836d16e71c340063cc.jpg

The thighs were too large around and too tall. They were trimmed down and I think they fit well diameter-wise, but may still be too tall. This is especially noticeable on the back. not enough space between the thighs and butt plate.??

back.thumb.jpg.349218a241ab2da665bd7967c6457738.jpg

The kidney plate sits too high up and I'm not really sure what to do about this. I think I could afford some room if I brought the straps down a little further from the upper back plate but I don't want to reveal too much undersuit between the plates. I could also raise the abdominal plate by about 2cm but I'm not really sure what else to do about getting that kidney plate to sit lower, so any suggestions are welcome.

side.thumb.jpg.eb65acc301557a9cee465c06ab63f413.jpg

785949454_armorstraps.thumb.jpg.79e6f41aa5e71fc668b1ef0302c3d582.jpg

??

??

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ndamario said:

??

The kidney plate sits too high up and I'm not really sure what to do about this. I think I could afford some room if I brought the straps down a little further from the upper back plate but I don't want to reveal too much undersuit between the plates. I could also raise the abdominal plate by about 2cm but I'm not really sure what else to do about getting that kidney plate to sit lower, so any suggestions are welcome.???

Kidney and Butt plates: You can shorten / tighten??the straps that holds them together. (Eliminate the gap between the kidney and butt plate.)

That should raise the lower butt plate to give the back of the thigh?? a little more gap.

Do the same with the chest and abs plate straps. That would raise it a bit.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler