WIP TFA Kylo

Hello everybody, I've been researching my build for a few weeks and have the beginnings of my list put together. Most pieces still need to be researched but here's what I have so far:

Helmet- (needs more research)
Cape, cowl, hood- DarkSide Costumes
Surcoat- Wicked Armor
Under tunic- Le Chatelier
Sleeved shirt- Le Chatelier
Neck seal- (needs more research)
Pants- (needs more research)
Gloves- Endor Finders
Boots- Crow Props
Belt- (needs more research)
Lightsaber- Disney Parks Kylo Ren Legacy hilt (and blades, at least eventually)
Midcoat- Undecided

Voice- (needs more research)

As far as the midcoat is concerned I honestly might just skip it. I'm a big guy who's prone to overheating as is, it??seems like a bad idea to add an unneccessary layer (of wool, no less) to an already hot and layered??costume.

As for the rest of it, I'm open to suggestions. There are so many different pieces and vendors that my head has been spinning trying to figure it out. I have no crafting skills so I need to buy the pieces outright so the proper ratio of quality and price is my biggest concern.

I'm looking to get the helmet, boots and lightsaber throughout this year and go for the rest of the soft pieces early next year. I know anovos is the best helmet but I'm wondering if there's anything a little cheaper that I can buy ready to go.

Edited by EKEAS
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Wildcardz said:

??

Be sure to sign up with the sith lord detachment. https://www.501stsithlords.com

They can suggests on what helmets can be used for modification.

??

??

??

Yeah I've been there for a while now, the problem is that nobody has been replying on my threads. I figured I would post the same topic here as well since y'all seem to be more responsive.

Last year when I attempted to see if I had resources to build a Kylo, they were still accepting a modified Black Series Kylo helmet.

they were still accepting a black series Kylo light saber. I???ve seen a couple of black series light saber for $80 at Burlington coat factory..

14 hours ago, BFKN said:

Last year when I attempted to see if I had resources to build a Kylo, they were still accepting a modified Black Series Kylo helmet.

they were still accepting a black series Kylo light saber. I???ve seen a couple of black series light saber for $80 at Burlington coat factory..

My issue with the BS helmet is that I have 0 skill with anything crafts related. I've seen a couple of ready to go helmets for between $350-500 but I need to research them a little further.

As for the saber, is it approveable right out of the box or would I need to do anything to it first?

On 1/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, EKEAS said:

My issue with the BS helmet is that I have 0 skill with anything crafts related. I've seen a couple of ready to go helmets for between $350-500 but I need to research them a little further.

As for the saber, is it approveable right out of the box or would I need to do anything to it first?

You got a neighbor that can help with the craft part. Don't jump into the finish helmets yet.

Research - browse the sith lord forum, there are information that others already provide on the questions you have.

??

• Like 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, EKEAS said:

You don???t actually need a saber for approval, just a hilt. You can probably get a decent 3d printed one on Etsy.??I have the original Black Series saber and trooped with it many times ???out of the box??? before modifying it a bit to make it look better.??

Edited by Halfrek
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I managed to get my hands on some pants for my build, but I'm in a bit of a financial bind for the time being so I can't afford to get the majority of my build.

I'll be able to get the gloves and possibly the boots this year but I'll have to wait for the majority of the pieces until next year by the looks of things.

I definitely still want to go through with everything, but I've gotta focus on my family first. C'est la vie.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2020 at 2:22 PM, EKEAS said:

??

"As far as the midcoat is concerned I honestly might just skip it. I'm a big guy who's prone to overheating as is, it??seems like a bad idea to add an unneccessary layer (of wool, no less) to an already hot and layered??costume."

??

Hi, be sure that if the CRL calls for the midcoat, it would be a requirement ??for legion approval.

You can skip it for troops, I doubt anyone would notice or call it out.

Edited by Jimbo

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506