Swiftcloud’s TK Stormtrooper Build WIP - Finished!

Well. Here I am again. Posting another WIP progress report. I guess costuming is sort of an addiction, like getting a tattoo. You do one, and tell yourself “I’m done now, that’s all I need”. Then before you know it, you are right back in the parlor looking to get another one done. Lol, well here we go again…

This time I’m gonna finally make what I think everyone SHOULD start with. A good ole shiny white “O.T.” Stormtrooper. They are so universal and there is always room for one more TK. I feel like I should have made this my first costume when I signed up. But I was too excited about making my Boba Fett so I dove right in on the deep end first. Well, now I’ve decided to finally make a TK. Recently, a bunch of other members started telling me how they placed their order for TK’s with Walt’s Trooper Factory. -something that I was recently considering as well. When I saw that they had decided to go for it is when I threw my hat in the ring also. And I’ve just received my kit from @Walter and I’m excited to get started. Like I even have time for another project. Oh well, I’ll rest when I’m dead, right?! Lol

7A896425-1187-4122-8FF5-3C69BF76836E.jpeg

Edited by Swiftcloud

I’ve already started cutting the eyes and mouth grill and beginning assembly of the bucket. I don’t really know what I’m doing but luckily I have an older WTF helmet that I can use for reference.

16398D15-61BB-4BA0-BB2E-078AED20EA5B.jpeg

D753DC18-1A46-47CE-8DDE-16076E011E3C.jpeg

C937386B-BD9E-4530-9A6C-77C6DB94C71F.jpeg

3889BE37-BC7C-468D-80B2-D85E797AE675.jpeg

5FC7CE10-8EB6-4BF6-A512-779DCE61B260.jpeg

59866727-59BA-4D10-9A7E-A8668C24B550.jpeg

• Like 1

Sick! I'm like you. I love Vader, so I built a Vader. But whether I should have started with a TK or not, I should still commit to building one at some point. Why? Because troopers are always having the most fun!! Also, the addiction thing is no joke. Vader was such a rush that when I finished I felt a little down, LOL. That's why I'm currently working out a spreadsheet for a Nightmare Batman build. But I feel like I'm digressing and hi-jacking your thread, sorry!

The helmet is already looking great, can't wait to see more progress. ?

• Love 1

I trimmed the ear caps down a bit. I felt that they were too thick. I also trimmed and cleaned up around the eyes and teeth. Looks better now IMO. Installed the mic tips just for fitting. Just gotta order the paint now. I’ll start trimming some of the armor while I’m waiting. Trimming is always makes me nervous. I’m always afraid I’m going to trim too far and ruin a piece. But, I’ll check references on all the resource sites I can find. Anyway here’s my helmet, ready to paint…

5D5CB2F8-BCE5-4BFE-AEB8-2A6CA23B45D1.jpeg

DECC5855-C454-4CD6-89AB-9940BE422F33.jpeg

Edited by Swiftcloud
  • Like 1

The ears look better! Good trim work. I can feel your hesitation, if you trim too much the fix becomes way harder. I'm looking at my RO Visual Guide right now, and the ear width looks spot on. Teeth look nice and crisp now, too. Enjoying this thread. 

• Love 1
On 12/6/2022 at 5:41 AM, Hoot916 said:

awesome work, a lot more then I got done with mine . Its all in the box still . ?

Thanks! What’s keeping you? Let’s go here, we gotta make an entrance in force! :)

• 2 weeks later...

That looks fantastic, great work!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

3 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Thanks!!! Now I need to start working on the armor. I need to see someone’s complete set up so I can see how the straps are attached.

I hope we can have an armor party soon!

I need to keep tabs on the next armor party. Would love to meet some of you. More importantly, this thread is putting the nail in the coffin for me. Definitely going to put Batman on hold and do a TK. Would love to see some the parts up close and get an idea on armor vendors. 

• Like 2
On 12/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, fowlmouth said:

I need to keep tabs on the next armor party. Would love to meet some of you. More importantly, this thread is putting the nail in the coffin for me. Definitely going to put Batman on hold and do a TK. Would love to see some the parts up close and get an idea on armor vendors. 

That’s an awesome decision! If you are looking for the best Stormtrooper kits available, you need to only look within our very own Garrison. Walter is the guy you want. He owns Walt’s Trooper Factory right here in CT. He has a Facebook page called -

WTF:Walt’s Trooper Factory.

If you are on Facebook, look it up! Or you can contact him here @rottie, but I’m not sure how often he visits this website. He has provided some of the trooper armor seen in the Mandalorian used by the actors of that show. He s the guy you want to get your kit from. That’s where my kit came from too.

Good luck brother! Let me know if you have any trouble contacting him. There has been a resurgence of people, in our garrison, that have recently started making their own TK’s. We will soon have a good strong force of new troopers added to our current roster! It will be great to have you as one also!

Edited by Swiftcloud
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 6:40 AM, fowlmouth said:

Thanks, Jarred! Looking forward to it. Should be a step up from the cardboard and sharpie trooper costume I tried making when I was like 7. LOL

Lol, if you have pictures please do share!

Helmet looks great Jerred! Keep it up bro, you always get the craftsmanship of these costumes to an amazing level of detail!

• Like 1

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

12 minutes ago, rottie said:

Ok ok ok!

inwill get a spot in the shop cleaned up so we can have an armor party

I would really appreciate that! It would be so very helpful! Can’t wait.

I usually have weekends off. If you need another pair of hands to help clear up some space let me know. Thanks man!

• The title was changed to Swiftcloud’s TK Stormtrooper Build WIP - Finished!