Snowtrooper build

Well the armor bug has finally bitten and bitten hard. The next project will be a snowtrooper. I’m hoping to get the boots done by the end of the weekend. My pants have been ordered and hopefully, by the time this gets attention, the beginning phases of the duster will be underway. I will say this about the boots, they are probably the most comfortable pair I own now and those liners are wicked cozy! I kind of want another pair just for winter hikes and snow removal. I’m feeling a little more confident on the armor build side after doing the gunner (even though it was just the helmet) and hopefully things will go well. 

IMG_3282.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 7:31 PM, Buccaneerbrawler said:

I ran out of material right before I could do the last strap, but overall, I think it looks pretty okay.

IMG_3285.jpeg

It should be fine as long as you dirty the straps a bit.

"Well the armor bug has finally bitten and bitten hard."

Yeah it doesn't go way, even with antibiotics.

• Like 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

8 hours ago, Wildcardz said:

It should be fine as long as you dirty the straps a bit.

"Well the armor bug has finally bitten and bitten hard."

Yeah it doesn't go way, even with antibiotics.

I remade the straps with a different material and they definitely look better than these

• Like 1

Hey do you need the little belt greeblie?  I made some in cold cast and spray painted off or an original.  I'd be happy to send it your way in exchange for pictures of it on your belt.

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

1 hour ago, Alay said:

Hey do you need the little belt greeblie?  I made some in cold cast and spray painted off or an original.  I'd be happy to send it your way in exchange for pictures of it on your belt.

Deal! Do you also have the red greeblies for the chest armor? I can compensate you accordingly 

• Like 1

You should get most of that with your kit when it comes, however upgrading it or replacing the supplied parts is totally up to you 

• Like 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

9 minutes ago, jimsprenkle said:

You should get most of that with your kit when it comes, however upgrading it or replacing the supplied parts is totally up to you 

I didn’t get anything with my gunner, so I’m just erring on the side of caution 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Buccaneerbrawler said:

Deal! Do you also have the red greeblies for the chest armor? I can compensate you accordingly 

The little metal plate?  Yeah absolutely I can send both along.

And don't sweat compensating 😛

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

33 minutes ago, Buccaneerbrawler said:

I didn’t get anything with my gunner, so I’m just erring on the side of caution 

Don’t blame you 

• Like 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

After many attempts, hopefully these pants are dirty enough. As Jim had said and I’m agreeing with him, no one realizes how dirty a snowtrooper actually is. These pants have been sprayed with a tea and coffee mixture, smacked on the driveway, covered in dirt and silt from work, have had said silt and dirt rubbed into the materials with my nasty work hands, AND for good measure I used them to wipe the excess dirt off the trunk of my car. Here are the before and after shots. I may need to do a bit more, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3319.jpeg

Looks great!  I used brown spraypaint diffused when I dirtied up my Jodo Kast, just for a more permanent stick

8qAXZbQ.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...