Children Attending Events Discussion

In order to create an open forum and a reasonable place for discussion I created this thread here for open discussion about all trooper's opinions and discussion about Children attending events

Any comments or concerns about the CTG or 501st policies or procedures regarding children at events should take place here.??

Posting discussion about children attending events in other threads or topics may result in those posts being removed and the comments being redirected to this thread.

??

Thank you all for your understanding.

??

---

??

??

No, children are not acceptable, they may not troop with the group, if they want to walk around the comic con floor, that's okay, but they may Not.. troop with the group. There were no children is armor in the movies, and you need to be over 18 to be apart of the 501st. Those are the rules, and we need to follow them. Children need to be apart of the imperial cadets, and can only troop in height acceptable costumes.??

On 3/17/2018 at 9:01 PM, Foxhound621 said:

No, children are not acceptable, they may not troop with the group, if they want to walk around the comic con floor, that's okay, but they may Not.. troop with the group. There were no children is armor in the movies, and you need to be over 18 to be apart of the 501st. Those are the rules, and we need to follow them. Children need to be apart of the imperial cadets, and can only troop in height acceptable costumes.??

Greg and I discussed this offline a bit more.?? Hard armor costumes for kids at the convention will be discussed on case by case should it end up being an issue that a number of members object to.?? For now, until someone requests to bring along an accompanying costumed child, we'll shelve the discussion.

Members should always feel free to start a discussion thread in the 501st or Active discussion forums.?? ??Please contact me directly via PM or Facebook if anyone??has concerns they do not wish to publicly voice!

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

21 hours ago, Alay said:

Hard armor costumes for kids at the convention will be discussed on case by case??

No, it's not allowed unless it's an officially approved costume through the imperial cadets, that's the only instance.??

Soft costumes like a Jawa, Tuskin, and Ewok are acceptable kids costumes.

I don't mean to make a big deal about it, but this has been an issue in the??past, and for our newer members it needs to be clarified ???

Edited by Foxhound621

Im going to chime in on the children at ANY event including cons. I have my daughter in a approved jawa for the galactic academy and she was at two events so far. She does not own a hard armor suit as it is not cannon and its also not approved by the legion for children in hard armor. She is also not 18 so she is NOT a member of the legion, but is a cadet. I understand children may have armor and be a cadet, but they are non cannon suits and being that the CTG is going to be representing the 501st and collecting for the charity associated with Carrie Fisher the con is a 501st event and children should not be allowed unless in cannon suits.

??

There are even points about children in the post about children at events.

??

Are the children going to be comped tickets? According to this post their parents are to purchase a ticket for the said child

IMG_5299.thumb.JPG.2621e61ddd25ab5274160eab0b229210.JPG

??

Who is going to watch said children at this LARGE event?

What if said child gets tired and they have to suit down?

??

I am sorry but i think children should not be at this said event in unapproved suits as to keep the illusion as seen on screen. If the parents do purchase a ticket for their child and that parent is on table duty said child shouldn???t be there without a supervising adult to handle said child not the member who is ???on duty??? and working. Said child should have a supervising parent for them. I understand this is a public event and there will be kids there in their own costumes but im against children in hard armor as it was not seen on screen and takes away from the illusion of reality.

??

My daughter will only be in a cannon suit and will only be attending any event with permission. However she will not be attending this said event as its too big for her to do, she will get bored very quickly and will not want to be there all weekend. She can handle the smaller events like the event in stratford we did last year, the Apple harvest parade we did last year was too much for her but she trooped it like a champ and afterwards said that was too much but she signed up and was going to do it so she can be allowed at other events and not be a problem by suiting down.

• Love 2

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

2 hours ago, Foxhound621 said:

No, it's not allowed unless it's an officially approved costume through the imperial cadets, that's the only instance.??

Soft costumes like a Jawa, Tuskin, and Ewok are acceptable kids costumes.

I don't mean to make a big deal about it, but this has been an issue in the??past, and for our newer members it needs to be clarified ???

Greg, I have confirmed with the Legion command; participation at events for things such as Rebel Legion, Mandalorian Mercenaries, Droid Builders, Galactic Academy, Neighboring Garrisons,??unaffiliated children, non-member recruits, family and friends, etc, is at the discretion of the Command Team.??

The only official rule in place by LFL and the Legion command is that non-501st members should not take a slot for participation on a capped event.?? As this is not a capped event, this LFL/Legion rule isn't relevant.

??

3 minutes ago, jimsprenkle said:

Im going to chime in on the children at ANY event including cons. I have my daughter in a approved jawa for the galactic academy and she was at two events so far. She does not own a hard armor suit as it is not cannon and its also not approved by the legion for children in hard armor. She is also not 18 so she is NOT a member of the legion, but is a cadet. I understand children may have armor and be a cadet, but they are non cannon suits and being that the CTG is going to be representing the 501st and collecting for the charity associated with Carrie Fisher the con is a 501st event and children should not be allowed unless in cannon suits.

There are even points about children in the post about children at events.

Are the children going to be comped tickets? According to this post their parents are to purchase a ticket for the said child
<snipped image>

Who is going to watch said children at this LARGE event?
What if said child gets tired and they have to suit down?

I am sorry but i think children should not be at this said event in unapproved suits as to keep the illusion as seen on screen. If the parents do purchase a ticket for their child and that parent is on table duty said child shouldn???t be there without a supervising adult to handle said child not the member who is ???on duty??? and working. Said child should have a supervising parent for them. I understand this is a public event and there will be kids there in their own costumes but im against children in hard armor as it was not seen on screen and takes away from the illusion of reality.
??

To address your questions regarding children at this event:

• Are the children going to be comped tickets?
    If we exceed our badge count??I will have to wrestle the event host into giving us some more, but he has assured me it shouldn't be an issue.?? As such, yes, they should have comped entry via badge for the duration of their Troop same as other participants.?? If this becomes an issue due to an unexpectedly vast amount of participants, CTG members will always have priority over non-members.
  • Who is going to watch said children at this LARGE event?
    As stated in our Protocol Outline, their supervision is the responsibility of the member bringing them.?? If they act up or are disruptive, they can and will be asked to leave.
  • What if said child gets tired and they have to suit down?
    Children are expected to stay in costume the duration of their shift if possible.?? Obviously, common sense applies same as anyone else; I'm not going to tell anyone of any age at our event they have to stay in costume if they're feeling unwell or something.????

??

I understand your opinion on exclusively hard armor costumes for children??and their accuracy.?? Please keep in mind that Mandalorian Mercenaries and Rebel Legion characters are also not necessarily in canonical appearance costumes.?? While this might seem like a "high exposure event", conventions are almost always seen as non-canon events and are generally more on the lax side, and we have always been open to having folks from several of our "sister groups" and friends/family of CTG members helping us out at these conventions.?? Our goal as command team is always first and foremost to make sure folks can participate, have fun, feel comfort and safe, and make events the best we can.

??

Would you two be okay with me splitting this discussion and related posts into a topic specifically to discuss children at events??? Feedback and discussion on our policy and what sort of accommodations would best suit everyone is always very welcomed and highly encouraged, and consolidating it would make it easiest to stay on topic.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

To address your questions regarding children at this event:
  • Are the children going to be comped tickets?
    If we exceed our badge count??I will have to wrestle the event host into giving us some more, but he has assured me it shouldn't be an issue.?? As such, yes, they should have comped entry via badge for the duration of their Troop same as other participants.?? If this becomes an issue due to an unexpectedly vast amount of participants, CTG members will always have priority over non-members.
  • Who is going to watch said children at this LARGE event?
    As stated in our Protocol Outline, their supervision is the responsibility of the member bringing them.?? If they act up or are disruptive, they can and will be asked to leave.
  • What if said child gets tired and they have to suit down?
    Children are expected to stay in costume the duration of their shift if possible.?? Obviously, common sense applies same as anyone else; I'm not going to tell anyone of any age at our event they have to stay in costume if they're feeling unwell or something.????
??
I understand your opinion on exclusively hard armor costumes for children??and their accuracy.?? Please keep in mind that Mandalorian Mercenaries and Rebel Legion characters are also not necessarily in canonical appearance costumes.?? While this might seem like a "high exposure event", conventions are almost always seen as non-canon events and are generally more on the lax side, and we have always been open to having folks from several of our "sister groups" and friends/family of CTG members helping us out at these conventions.?? Our goal as command team is always first and foremost to make sure folks can participate, have fun, feel comfort and safe, and make events the best we can.
??
Would you two be okay with me splitting this discussion and related posts into a topic specifically to discuss children at events??? Feedback and discussion on our policy and what sort of accommodations would best suit everyone is always very welcomed and highly encouraged, and consolidating it would make it easiest to stay on topic.

The response is in direct response to your post about children at this event and i dont think it should be moved to that post so other members can see the response to the children being allowed at this event.
  • Love 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

I???m gonna??bring a puppy dressed as a Gamorean guard.

• Love 2

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

In order to create an open forum and a reasonable place for discussion I created this thread for open conversation about all trooper's opinions and any other comments about Children attending events.

Any comments or concerns about the CTG or 501st policies & procedures regarding children at events should take place here.??

Posting discussion about children attending events in other threads or topics may result in those posts being removed and the comments being redirected to this thread.

??

Thank you all for your understanding.

??

??

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

• This topic was pinned and unpinned
  • 1 month later...