Del Meeko build

Hello fellow legion members,

Just making this topic a thread for a update and show of the pieces I have gotten for my build.?? So far I have only received my shoulder ammo pouch in the mail and I know as boring as that might be to start this thread Id figured I just post about it now verses waiting another week or two. Also am happy to point out that these were from trooperbay, thanks Art for showing me, and was surprised to see the stitching was already black!????

Also I had hoped my Helmet would have been here after 4 months of having ordered it but sadly it has not yet arrived, gonna have to contact seller again. To add to the list of items im waiting to come in are my boots that I got from Sovietboots.com. Cant wait to see them but was wondering if anyone had experience buying items from them and if I must contact the US customs office to see if I gotta pay extra tax for an international item? I did pay a flat rate of $30 so im hoping that covers customs if thats the case. Otherwise im gonna continue making more purchases throughout the next few months for more parts and we will see how far I get by the end of summer. Plan is to be done by Winter this year.

Below are two photos front and back of the shoulder ammo pouch, sorry if they look grainy seems like phone photos take a turn for the??worse on laptop,??anyone have any ideas as to how I give the pouches more of a filled look?????Or do I need to find some sort of light ammo cartridge thats the same size to give it that true look???

Have a great day, Q

shoulder pouch 1.jpg

shoulder pouch 2.jpg

• Love 1

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

My MP40 leather pouches have a block of wood in them filling them.

??

You can also use scrunched up newspaper, foam, plastic bags... anything really! :D

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

1 hour ago, Alay said:

My MP40 leather pouches have a block of wood in them filling them.

??

You can also use scrunched up newspaper, foam, plastic bags... anything really! :D

Sounds good, ill probably try the newspaper to see how that goes!

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

To anyone,??

I was wondering for my chest and back armor what type of plastic should I be looking for from a seller. I know when I spoke to some of you at the armor party there was a discussion of what plastic was durable and affordable. To be clear im buying the armor from a seller so I want to make sure hes using the right stuff??

TIE pilot gear, right? ??Usually ABS vac formed plastic. ??Sometimes PVC.

??

Which seller did you have in mind?

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

16 hours ago, Alay said:

TIE pilot gear, right? ??Usually ABS vac formed plastic. ??Sometimes PVC.

??

Which seller did you have in mind?

Yes, and okay I'll make sure to ask and the seller I have in mind is??JawaChopShop, he's on facebook if you want to check him out. I bought my helmet from him but it has taken awhile for him to send it out. So I plan on finding another seller for the armor parts??and have even asked someone else in the 501st in Virginia to see if they know anyone. If you have anyone in mind then I'd appreciate knowing. Thank you in advanced!

I know WTF makes a TIE kit, and I believe Troopermaster does too. ??I'd ask over on the Jolly Roger Squad forum or see if they have a "vetted maker" list. ??

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

5 hours ago, Alay said:

I know WTF makes a TIE kit, and I believe Troopermaster does too. ??I'd ask over on the Jolly Roger Squad forum or see if they have a "vetted maker" list. ??

Okay sounds good! Thanks for letting me know, information is always appreciated??

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. ??We do ties. ??But the inferno is a different animal ?? Altogether ?? ??And it???s a bit different from male to female ?? ?? But I am just finishing up the compleat inferno armor kits

Maker of armor

Finally another piece of my costume arrived today! Got the Jack boots from Sovietboots.com and they look great and fit really well. They also are the right height with them being almost to my knee. Once I get the jumpsuit I will take a picture with them on as I dont have anything proper to wear with these that wont look silly lol.

Still waiting on the helmet and supposedly its shipping out soon but soon with this seller could mean another two weeks...?.??Once I get the helmet I will share multiple picture of all the sides and interior.??

Q.??

inferno boots.jpg

Those look good! ??Give em a good shine :)

??

what flightsuit you going with? ??I've always wanted a wampawear one, but they're a pain to find in stock

8qAXZbQ.png

5 hours ago, Alay said:

Those look good! ??Give em a good shine :)

??

what flightsuit you going with? ??I've always wanted a wampawear one, but they're a pain to find in stock

Thanks and yes definitely will shine them.??

Im getting the flight suit from Jim Tripon on Facebook, Wampa wear doesn't make a Inferno flight suit and yeah?? they are not good with stock. Jim has good priced suit with the correct strip measurements and zipper hider.??

• 1 month later...

Freehanded a comm pad today with Q, was fun!

IMG_20180616_152706.jpg

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

• 1 month later...

Hi 501st CTG,??

Its been awhile since I updated about my inferno squad costume. I sadly didn't receive my helmet the other day as when I opened the box it was not a inferno squad helmet but a AT-AT pilot helmet. The seller packaged the wrong helmet so supposedly my helmet is being shipped today. Again ill be posting pics of the inferno helmet once it comes in.??

On the other hand i've begun to acquire items for my imperial officer belt that is under my scout belt and today i received the belt and disc located on the buckle from Wampa Wear.????So here is a quick snap of those two pieces.????As for the buckle I have a friend who is a welder and is making the buckle for me! Once the whole belt comes together I upload that. Otherwise im close to buying my DLT-19x soon , and hope y'all who are also in the middle of building costumes?? are doing good.

From Quentin, S.????

inferno belt 1.jpg

Oh man that sucks!!!?? Will they let you keep the AT-AT Helmet and send Inferno along as a replacement??? ??If needed to sell the AT-AT Helmet Im sure many of us will buy it. haha.

Have a picture of it???

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

On 7/31/2018 at 10:08 AM, First0rder said:

Oh man that sucks!!!?? Will they let you keep the AT-AT Helmet and send Inferno along as a replacement??? ??If needed to sell the AT-AT Helmet Im sure many of us will buy it. haha.

Have a picture of it???

Yes it does and no I was told by the seller that he would be sending me a return label and my inferno helmet was being shipped but haha yes its really nice and I will post picture of it. There are two pieces that came off that I have taped to the inside so when the seller gets it back he can fix that but as far as it sounds he wants it back lol.??

AT-AT Helmet .jpg

AT 2.jpg

Wow great looking helmet!?? whos it from again???

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

15 minutes ago, First0rder said:

Wow great looking helmet!?? whos it from again???

Its from JawaChopShop aka Chris Hale. He makes quiet a bit of armor and trooper types but as of right now with the situation that you know of I personally wouldn't recommend him due to timing and communication being poor. On the other hand you aren't wrong about his work as even though this isnt my helmet it looks exactly like the original.??

IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!??

As of today, after 7 and a half months of waiting for my inferno squad helmet, it has arrived and im so happy. Looks pretty good and cant wait to put padding on the inside so it doesn't fall over my neck.

I did look at the lens/visor and realized like many others who get their helmet new that it was a thin plastic lens that isnt entirely held??down??so i do wanna take those out and replace them with something nice. Also the?? wire mesh??on the mouth area will also need add on mesh??as you can see through it and skin shows.??

Otherwise its here and if anyone can help me with tips and tools to finish off the bits mentioned then that would be great! Here are some pics below!??

inferno 1.jpg

inferno 2.JPG

inferno 3.jpg

Edited by qsalgado40011
  • Love 1

Hey now, good for you brother !

Sure looks worth the wait...very cool helmet, VERY COOL?? ??!

??

• Love 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 8:25 PM, Jimbo said:

Hey now, good for you brother !

Sure looks worth the wait...very cool helmet, VERY COOL?? ??!

??

Yes and im very excited to finally have it. The wait may have been long but youre right it was worth it. I did order lenses that are screen accurate and better made as the ones inside currently is a flimsy piece of red plastic. I also have to fill the helmet and add my padding so it sits correctly on my head. More??updates??to come soon??

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Inferno update:??

Hello! Went to the armor party on Sunday and was able to put the whole inside of my helmet together with all the lining, padding and two fans with the battery completed and everything fits so well and my helmet no longer goes down around my entire neck???. I was also able to later that??night?? hot glue my lenses in from OPLE Props and im so happy how they turned out! vision isnt terrible with light but in darkness im just a blind person with a helmet on.

Now that the helmet is wearable I have some minor things I must do/finish. I have to add the S trim to the lip of the helmet so my ears wont get cut off anymore??and then in the third picture below Im going to be replacing the plastic matte discs for some real metal discs for that good realism. Also on the front of the helmet where my tubes would go in, the chrome metal looking thing, Im gonna find some real ones and unscrew those dumb plastic ones and put in some metal ones! After these three things the helmet will be done!??

P.S. I would like to also thank all those that were very very helpful at the armor party, you know who you are, and I couldn't do this without any of your help! Seriously you are all the best and I really cant wait to finish this costume and join y'all.????Thanks and see you at Mystic!?????

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

• Love 1

That looks awesome! I???m excited for you bro. Sorry I missed seeing you at the party. I???m still fighting this damn eye problem. But I am slowly winning.

??Anyway, keep up the great work. Can???t wait to see some pictures of the whole ensemble. See ya at Mystic my friend!

• Love 1
On 11/23/2018 at 10:31 AM, Swiftcloud said:

That looks awesome! I???m excited for you bro. Sorry I missed seeing you at the party. I???m still fighting this damn eye problem. But I am slowly winning.

??Anyway, keep up the great work. Can???t wait to see some pictures of the whole ensemble. See ya at Mystic my friend!

Thanks bro! no worries, im sorry to hear that but thats good youre getting better! Will do and yes same! See you tomorrow??