Hwt pack

I drilled holes and pop riveted it to the side through the oil pan.?? Was a bitch but once it was riveted it'll never move.

??

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Can you get a hand inside the oil pan to where the tube will mount?????

If you can you can zip tie?? the tube to the pack??(that's what I??did) or a locking nut/bolt combo....or like Sarah suggested rivet which would be??more permanent.

??

I'll get a better detailed?? pic up to show you what I did. But here's my pack and tube. The top is metal screwed into the aluminum frame, the bottom of the tube is zip tied....

IMG_5173.JPG

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

Pix....

The top of the??tube is screwed into the metal frame via access hole with a 1/2" sheet metal screw, the rubber grommet shims tube off of pack rail.

??

IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

• Love 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

For the bottom of the tube, well, more like 2/3rds down on mine I drilled 2 small holes about 1" apart, then threaded the zip tie thru so you can't see it, then for my pack all I had to do was wrap it around the pack rail....for yours you could drill 2 holes in the same spot in your oil pan and zip tie thru the 2 holes?? ( if you can get a hand in yours ). I hope you can get the idea from the pic.

I think I need a rubber grommet for a shim down low too now that I look at it...

??

IMG_5175.JPG

Edited by Jimbo
  • Love 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

I picked up one of our packs... This one I apparently used screws for.?? So either pop rivets or screws should work.?? I did indeed cut open the back to rivet everything to the pan.

IMG_20180726_223622.thumb.jpg.8e6aaa931246f2bcac1b35b6cc281fa4.jpg

IMG_20180726_223656.thumb.jpg.d114221bbef547e400f8905817e7e6e7.jpg

IMG_20180726_223723.thumb.jpg.42861b5b905fc809dd28a311540bb83a.jpg

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

34 minutes ago, Depeche25 said:

Okay where can I get valspar silver fox spray pain???t???????????? cant find anywhere.

I think Lowes carries Valspar.?? The colors don't need to be exact; I used:
Rustoleum Wildflower Blue (Satin)
Rustoleum Black
& Rustoleum Gray Primer

??

FlyMKNe.jpg?1

8qAXZbQ.png

How much can we change the pack? I'm putting on antenna and I'm thinking on securing the pack better probably wouldn't notice unless I told ya . But how much wiggle room do I have so I dont get rejected for approval?

Antenna was specifically removed from the CRL so that's a no-go, especially if you're going for Elite Infantry/Centurion level approval.?? Basically, any electronics and stuff in it isn't approvable if externally visible.?? As for strapping/harnesses to carry it better, as long as it's not something jarringly visible you should be fine :)

@First0rder might have more info

8qAXZbQ.png

Thanks @Alay

Just to add, please avoid the following below:??

No video monitors, extra greeblies. lights of any sort or attachments not seen in photos can be visible..

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.??

Andy

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

Thanks Andy my question is on how the boxes are attached to the no parking signs it doesn't seam that the glue would hold especially if hit by someone. After you cut off the ridge from the containers does th glue really hold? Is they any wiggle room on how they are attached?

On the radio?
Drill some holes through the oil pan and the radio box.?? Then add pop rivets through it.?? It'll never move.

You can use a ton of glue in addition to the rivets for extra safety

8qAXZbQ.png

On 7/30/2018 at 9:21 PM, First0rder said:

Thanks @Alay

Just to add, please avoid the following below:??

No video monitors, extra greeblies. lights of any sort or attachments not seen in photos can be visible..

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.??

Andy

That's my little contribution to the CRL! Lol

Sorry I spoiled it for everybody. I was even playing ESB and still no love!

Love all this Heavy action in the CTG!

I need to bring mine down to play and for a group photo.??

12 hours ago, magni said:

That's my little contribution to the CRL! Lol

Sorry I spoiled it for everybody. I was even playing ESB and still no love!

Love all this Heavy action in the CTG!

I need to bring mine down to play and for a group photo.??

How *dare* you :P

??

Randy let me know if you do, it'll give me the kick in the butt I need to actually fix up my HWT backpack harness

8qAXZbQ.png

1 hour ago, Alay said:

How *dare* you :P

??

Randy let me know if you do, it'll give me the kick in the butt I need to actually fix up my HWT backpack harness

When is the next World Famous CTG build day??? If on a weekend I could probably drive down.??

Sorry for the hijack of thread.

Back to depeche25's build and weather for Alderaan after this break.

??