Please welcome our newest recruit - Dale Elliott

Please join me in welcoming our newest recruit to the Connecticut Garrison, Dale Elliott??@Dale Elliott

Dale is from Waterbury??CT and interested in building a Darth Vader costume!

??

:dancing-trooper:

??

Dale, be sure to check??out??Imperial Protocol??for more information, and be sure to set up a build thread in our??Costume Building??section as you get started with your Vader costume!.

Please be sure to review the??Membership Approval Handbook??for more information!?? If you have any questions feel free to ask

??

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Welcome Dale! Great to have you here! There???s a fewVaders here who should be able to get you pointed in the right direction. I live not far in Seymour if you ever need a hand!

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Hi Dale, welcome to the (best) garrison????!

I have a Vader costume??that I'd like to sell to fund a Shoretrooper build...PM me for deets if you are interested and will fit in a size?? men's large.

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

21 hours ago, Dale Elliott said:

How do I start building a costume dark ??Vader

Hi Dale,

Your first two steps would be to register on the Sith Lords Detachment Forum??and to review the Darth Vader CRL (there's a bunch of different versions)??figure out which version you're going for!

I'm not super familiar with building Darth Vader, so I can't really give you much direction, but the Detachment Forum is a fantastic starting point and should have lists of makers as well as experienced builders that can help guide you.

Keep in mind, Vader is a very intricate (and expensive!) costume to put together.?? We have a couple in our Garrison that have spent upwards of $3,000 putting together the costume!?? Not trying to discourage you, just want to make sure you know what you're getting into with him ;)

??

Once you start your build. be sure to set up a build thread here so we can follow along and help out where possible! :)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 3 weeks later...

Vader is a very long build. It took me 3 years to get everything and approved. Do not just buy what you think will be ok as I personally speak from experience. ??The reason it takes so long is the good vendors over at the sith lord detachment have waiting lists that can be up to a year to get you your piece. Also now there are i think 5 versions to pick from and every one is different in some way. First you need to pick what version you are going to do and then look into who is supplying piecer for that version. Again dont buy anything without asking questions about it to avoid overspending and getting taken advantage of and loosing a lot of money for something that wont be appropriate. We have three Vaders here that i know of and we will help as best as possible so dont be afraid to ask a million questions. The only stupid question is the one you dont ask.??

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner