Legion Council Discussion - Term duration increase

Alay

Hey all, this is a topic of discussion among the legion council currently.?? The LCO has requested we talk to our membership for their opinion and feed back.

The propose is to extend the duration of elected positions (Legion Commanding Officers, Detachment Leaders, and Garrison/Outpost/Squad Commanding Officers) to 2-year terms rather than the current 1-year term.?? The idea is to allow more time for staff to implement greater goals before being caught in the next election cycle.

Recall elections would still have the same requirements as they do now.

If it passes in it's current form, in the 2019 election the LCO and Detachment Leads would have a 2 year term, with the Garrison Commanding Officers taking on a one year term still.?? In 2020 elected Garrison Commanding Officers would be around for 2 year terms.

I personally feel two year periods are long and increase chance for burnout, but I can definitely see the benefit in large garrisons.?? I'm interested to hear thoughts from you folks.

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I???ve been through the same topic with my tribal council and members. The problem always seems to be that nobody can make up their minds and it turns into endless arguments. I???m hoping that it goes much smoother with the legions. What ever is decided upon, I???m sure it will be good for the membership and elected leaders. I am rather new to the group still, but Sarah makes a good point about burning out on extended terms. But how is the rate of membership growth when compared to term length? Will their be enough members to keep a steady cycle of new leadership? I haven???t been around long enough to have an opinion on that.

• Love 1

2 (or even 3) years is good IMO...we've been thru this same sort of issue with the Mercedes-Benz Club of America.

Not long ago there were no term limits on Board Members and Officers and many section??membership numbers tanked??due to the lack of new blood and leadership. Some sections only got new leadership?? when the old had died off !

??

??

Edited by Jimbo

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

• 2 weeks later...

hhhmmm i do think that more can be done with the increased term limit especially with cultivating relationships with organizations we want to support, but i also see how one could burnout from that and that solution could be a strong support team that doesn't have to be micromanaged.?? ?? but yeah in larger garrisons it makes a lot more sense.

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

• 2 weeks later...

This proposal has made it to council voting.?? Any further thoughts/discussion??on it?

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Personally I think 2 years is a good length. I can understand both sides of the coin though.??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)