ROTS Vader - any leads?

A cliche choice, but after much thinking, I settled on Vader from Revenge of the Sith as my costume.
It's the best Vader has looked on film in my opinion, and it's a shame this particular costume wasn't shown that much outside of the film itself and the promotional materials.

Problem is, I can't seen to join the forum of the Sith Lord Detachment forum due to what appears to be a??blank page.

Does anyone here??know where I can find the info I need to start making this costume other than the CRL (which happens to be missing some images)?

Would greatly appreciate any input!

• Love 1

Sith Lord Detachment Forums - http://forum.501stsithlords.com/

ROTS Vader CRL - http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_rots_vader

The link from their website to their forums appears to be dead unfortunately. As I said in my post in your welcome thread, ROTS Vader is a rare costume and I don't think the CRL is fully complete yet.??I'd definitely suggest talking to the Detachment and see what they say about it.

In the CTG I know Jim Sprenkle, Mike Rosenbush, and Gino Bellia??have original trilogy??Vaders, and Jason Deveau??from Rhode Island is also extremely knowledgeable about his ANH Vader. You might want to talk a bit to them too. :)

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

What Chewy said!

@jimsprenkle??@MikeR??@G Force??@macloed316??pinging the above listed as well so they see the thread and can maybe give ya some pointers ;)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I know that the SLD is currently or has been in the process of reviewing a few of the CRLs to make sure they are up to date. The big problem with ROTS is it is really not the most popular version actually it is the least popular version of the armored Vaders. Everything is symmetrical on the costume. Mask, Shin guards and chest armor as a result of them basically doing a complete redesign and clean up when they did this version for Hayden to wear in the movie. The CRL itself actually highlights and has pictures of the most important aspects of the costume that require attention except the face mask. The mask is all black on ROTS with no alternating pattern of black and gun metal grey as seen on the OT Vaders. The chest box has no visible straps so that means either finding a way to fix it to the front with some sort of chicago screw set up and or velcro or cutting holes in the suit to feed the straps into your leather suit so they cant be seen. Speaking on the leather suit. This is a one piece version. I recommend real leather for this as the fake stuff with deteriorate faster and is also a LOT warmer to wear.

Here is a link to one of the guys I got my ANH Vader stuff from when I was starting my build. Manny is a great guy to deal with. He does stuff for all the armored versions of Vader and can pretty much hook you up with a complete Vader kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-ROTS-SCREEN-ACCURATE-CHEST-BOX-KIT-SET-PROP-REPLICA/302937436329?hash=item46887a70a9:g:O-YAAOSwM0ZbSr1e

Message him through is ebay store or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/portumac/

Hope this helps a bit and feel free to hit me up if you need anything else.

Edited by macloed316
  • Love 2

vaderscastle2.jpg

So after looking over the SLD forums, I now see that any sort of Vader build will indeed be a long-term project. Thus, a trooper may be the??way to go for now.

I think I'll wait until the Armor Party before I move forward on anything, so I know what I'm really getting into.
Hope that's ok!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mason Windu said:

Hope that's ok!

There's no correct path or timeframe on a costume! You go at your pace, and we're here to help as best we can :)

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved