[POSTPONED] New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade - 03/15/20 09:00 AM to 03/15/20 03:00 PM

Chewy

The New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade is the??largest, single-day spectator event in the State of Connecticut, and one of our longest running troops. The weather forced us out of attending in 2019 but let's bounce back with a good showing in 2020! :)

This post is a save-the-date. Further details will be posted in the run up to the event.

Pictures from 2018:??

??

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? [POSTPONED] New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Please add me as wrangler please.

I would love to be in suit up??but doubt I can stand all day in armor and walk the whole parade.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 1 month later...

Confirmed. Invites will be going to out to other groups as well - the more the merrier. :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

On 1/4/2020 at 8:51 AM, EKEAS said:

I'd love??to join you guys as a handler for this so I can get some experience, see what trooping is all about.

That's super.??

??

Fair warning, the ST Patrick's day parade isn't really a "normal" troop.?? It can get long and the weather can be unpredictable i.e. too cold or wet etc.?? Wranglers would be carrying backpacks with water and snacks etc along with probably some supplies to repair kits.

??

Lots of sitting around and waiting.??

??

I mean, we're happy to have as many hands on deck as possible, Just be aware that the parade isn't the standard. .

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

7 hours ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

That's super.??

??

Fair warning, the ST Patrick's day parade isn't really a "normal" troop.?? It can get long and the weather can be unpredictable i.e. too cold or wet etc.?? Wranglers would be carrying backpacks with water and snacks etc along with probably some supplies to repair kits.

??

Lots of sitting around and waiting.??

??

I mean, we're happy to have as many hands on deck as possible, Just be aware that the parade isn't the standard. .

I had a feeling it wouldn't be an ordinary troop since it sounds like a big event. Maybe I would do better with the NE Space Expo event in April as my first troop?

I could just go to the parade as a spectator with the family to see you guys in action at least.

23 hours ago, EKEAS said:

I had a feeling it wouldn't be an ordinary troop since it sounds like a big event. Maybe I would do better with the NE Space Expo event in April as my first troop?

I could just go to the parade as a spectator with the family to see you guys in action at least.

That's totally fine if you like. We'd??love to have you for the parade though - wranglers are always appreciated. You could help people get suited up beforehand, then march alongside us carrying water and make sure everyone is doing okay. Also, the crowd tends to get a little rowdy sometimes (St Paddy's Day isn't exactly a dry holiday ;)) so you might need to do a small of crowd control. The occasional drunk who really really wants Vader to stop for a picture in the middle of a busy parade. ?

Z1MzQD1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like all sorts of parades are getting axed because of the virus.?? We'll keep an eye out to see if they reschedule this, but until the situation changes this might become a more regular outcome to big events :(

??

Stay safe folks.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

As said before, the parade has been postponed by the organisers as a precaution against COVID-19.?? Please do not go to New Haven this weekend. If the parade is rescheduled to a reasonable date (I'm pessimistic it'll be back this year tbh), then we'll see about our entry. Sorry folks.??

Z1MzQD1.jpg