Greetings from New Haven

Hey everyone! I'm Hector Rivera, an amateur cosplayer from New Haven, CT., although I am currently abroad finishing my bachelor's in Upstate New York. I got into cosplay around Halloween last year when my friends at college wanted to dress up as Marvel characters for a party and I pieced together a Nick Fury costume. Around the same time, I also went above and beyond and bought myself a Batman suit XD. Anyway, I figured with two costumes, I should probably wear them and take photos rather than leave them to collect dust in my tiny college dorm closet, so I decided to create an Instagram page for my cosplay adventures and have recently stumbled into 3D printing. A few weeks ago, I'd say around early February, I decided that my next BIG project would be a Star Wars Imperial Death Trooper and so I've started to piece together a DT armor from various shops. I'm not yet 501st approved as this is my first costume Star Wars related, but I really hope to use this one to join the legion with.

??

Looking forward to chatting with you guys and maybe seeing you guys at events soon.

IMG_2044.jpg

17af23c234c4b258f1851905b4661232.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome!!! Your costumes are really cool!!!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing progress with the Death Trooper. We are all here for you if you have any questions on your build process. Feel free to ask. Best of luck. :)

Welcome @HRivera7322!!! It's a pleasure to have you hear, Hector! I have a Death Trooper kit as well so I would be happy to be a resource for you if you ever have any questions! PM me if you'd like and I will help out in any way I can!??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Hello and welcome! Death troopers are awesome and always looking to gain more in our garrison! Good luck on your build

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

@HRivera7322 I don't know if you had an opportunity to look through some of the boards here but we're marching with a few other star wars costuming groups in the New Haven St Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday.?? If you're going to be a spectator keep an eye out for us!?? Also, before the parade may be a good time to meet some of the member since we're all going to be gaggling around doing a whole bunch of nothing before we step off.

Feel free to reach out to command with any questions

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:56 AM, Backpacks Got Jets said:

@HRivera7322 I don't know if you had an opportunity to look through some of the boards here but we're marching with a few other star wars costuming groups in the New Haven St Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday.?? If you're going to be a spectator keep an eye out for us!?? Also, before the parade may be a good time to meet some of the member since we're all going to be gaggling around doing a whole bunch of nothing before we step off.

Feel free to reach out to command with any questions

Haven't been on the forum, but I just saw this comment. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it in time for the parade! :(??I was staying with family in Jersey that Sunday so didn't get a chance to see everyone and their costumes. I'm heading back upstate this weekend for the rest of the semester, so won't get a chance to meet people until the summer, but I look forward to it!