Hi from Manchester

First timer here....I have the Rubies' ' Darth Vader Supreme Edition ' costume...not bad for running the Manchester Road Race in the cold but its just too hot to wear indoors....so I'm looking to sell this one, eventually (I'm not so evil anymore anyway) , and replace it with something else;?? like a Storm Trooper.

How many Vaders does the CT Garrison have already ?

??

??

??

• Love 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

Hi James!?? Sorry for the delay in your introduction post... Just got home from work!????Please be sure to ask any questions you might have, familiarize yourself with our??Imperial Protocol, and be sure to set up a build thread in our??Costume Building??section so we can follow along with your progress!

We currently have three Vaders I believe... @MikeR??@jimsprenkle??and @Billfontaine.?? They kind of round-robin the role, and we've also had @macloed316??from Rhode Island running the costume a few times recently too when a CTG member didn't want the role :)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I think we have 3 Vaders (Jim, Mike R, and Bill F if I'm not mistaken) but the Dark Lord of the Sith is pretty popular.??

If you're gonna do a stormy that would be sweet too.?? never can have enough white armor.

Also, you should totally do a 4-LOM, mainly because i want the CTG to have all the Bounty Hunters that were on the Executor in it's ranks.??

??

??

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

We;come James! Pleasure to meet you sir! Hope to you see at an event sometime!??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Oh hey James, we have an armor party this coming Saturday right in Manchester!?? Feel free to stop in if you're free and want to :)

??

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

20 hours ago, jimsprenkle said:

Hi from one of the Vaders here. Welcome

Hello Jim / brother Vader !

Where did you get your suit ???(...don't say Palpatine gave it to you) 8-)

I'm open to finding out more about costuming and being demoted to a trooper. I have access to a real deal MG34 also (non-working, of course, from a friend's weapons collection) tho that might be worrysome for some folks to see one being carried around by a masked person !

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

Hi, Jim!?? I'm currently working on??putting together a trooper and will be at the armor party on Saturday.?? I'd be happy to show you my work in progress.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Feliz said:

We;come James! Pleasure to meet you sir! Hope to you see at an event sometime!??

Doooode......super cool get-up !

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

43 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have access to a real deal MG34 also (non-working, of course, from a friend's weapons collection)

If it's CT demilled and s/he ever wants to sell it, please please please give me a call ;)

??

8qAXZbQ.png

I think these go upwards of 10 grand nowadays on the collector market....but then again, your Admiral's pay should cover one or 2 , yes? 8-)

The plastic copy on ETSY, while expensive too, is prolly a more sensible purchase IMO that won't raise the eyebrows as much !

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think these go upwards of 10 grand nowadays on the collector market....but then again, your Admiral's pay should cover one or 2 , yes? 8-)

The plastic copy on ETSY, while expensive too, is prolly a more sensible purchase IMO that won't raise the eyebrows as much !

Oh no, this bad boy would sit as a display piece.?? Like hell am I lugging a machine gun around with me all day! :P?? I have a couple of foam-cored DLT-19s for trooping purposes.

I missed a purchase of a CT Demilled one that looked great but needed a replacement stock for $3,000 a couple years ago, and still kicking myself for not grabbing it.

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

I pieced my suit from multiple vendors.

There is not one single vendor to make all the parts unless you get anovos but thats not a single episode suit if I remember correctly its a mutt of rotj and esb.

I got my shins from kornbath ( i think thats how you spell his name) on ebay

Undersuit from Fenix props
Gloves from Fenix props
Cape and robe from Custom props
Chest box from Porty
Belt boxes from Ace Replicas (retired)
Helmet and chest armor from Bookface
Dont remember where i got belt buckle tho

Have 3 different lightsabers

The undersuit is the fake leather for now and it is hot as hell but i can deal with it. I want to upgrade to real leather in the future but i dont see that happening for a long time.

• Love 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

Hi Jimbo! Another Vader here and I think I should address a couple of your comments.

The first one being...there is always room for another (insert character here). In your case Vader. Please don???t let the number of any characters influence what you want to make. All of us here are pretty friendly and share a passion for the Star Wars universe. As Vader???s go we have never had any issues or conflicts among us that I can recall, and another Vader would be just as welcome as another stormie.

Also ???demoted??? to stormtrooper isn???t correct either (though I suspect you were half kidding and half referencing the sw universe) but around the garrison character(s) built hold no rank at all. And you would be surprised perhaps at the number of times I???ve been brushed aside by kids who want a stormie selfie. ( I was also once called ???the emperor??? and even more memorable and confusing...???Chewbacca???....yeeeeah.)

Anyway warmest welcome, and go for whatever character(s) you truly want to make! We???ll be here to help and guide you.

As for Vader...yes he???s a warmer one, but we don???t often (ever?) run in them. I don???t think I could really. The rubies suit as you may know, doesn???t meet the crl standards without soooo much modification and replacement that you pretty much wind up using nothing from it. Also...that pleather undersuit and a helmet without fans will pretty much kill you on a warm day!

I also have Vader parts from numerous sources. I hope you???ve found the sith lord detachment and with it the detailing of all the current Vader part manufacturers. Please don???t hesitate to contact me with any questions and good luck on whatever costume journey you choose!

Mike

• Love 2

Mike what a great post!!

8qAXZbQ.png

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2018 at 7:39 AM, MikeR said:

Hi Jimbo! Another Vader here and I think I should address a couple of your comments.

The first one being...there is always room for another (insert character here). In your case Vader. Please don???t let the number of any characters influence what you want to make. All of us here are pretty friendly and share a passion for the Star Wars universe. As Vader???s go we have never had any issues or conflicts among us that I can recall, and another Vader would be just as welcome as another stormie.

Also ???demoted??? to stormtrooper isn???t correct either (though I suspect you were half kidding and half referencing the sw universe) but around the garrison character(s) built hold no rank at all. And you would be surprised perhaps at the number of times I???ve been brushed aside by kids who want a stormie selfie. ( I was also once called ???the emperor??? and even more memorable and confusing...???Chewbacca???....yeeeeah.)

Anyway warmest welcome, and go for whatever character(s) you truly want to make! We???ll be here to help and guide you.

As for Vader...yes he???s a warmer one, but we don???t often (ever?) run in them. I don???t think I could really. The rubies suit as you may know, doesn???t meet the crl standards without soooo much modification and replacement that you pretty much wind up using nothing from it. Also...that pleather undersuit and a helmet without fans will pretty much kill you on a warm day!

I also have Vader parts from numerous sources. I hope you???ve found the sith lord detachment and with it the detailing of all the current Vader part manufacturers. Please don???t hesitate to contact me with any questions and good luck on whatever costume journey you choose!

Mike

Mike, thanks so much !! Agreed, great post.??

Me Vader tho....my mistake ...it's not the new 'Rubies' kit...it's the old 'Ruby' kit from mid-2000s.

Anyway, I'll?? suit up and take the pix and see what you all think. My skin is quite thick so let me have it !

The SandTrooper commission has started with RS Props as of last week so perhaps by July you'll see me in dirty??white armor??trying to get approved...

• Love 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 1:12 PM, Alay said:

If it's CT demilled and s/he ever wants to sell it, please please please give me a call ;)

??

He won't sell it...I've tried to buy it off him many times !

??

But here is one that is at a decent price point...https://emilitariacollector.com/products/wwii-german-mg-34-machine-gun-demilled-non-firing-original-very-rare

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jimbo,?? keeps us informed on your SandTrooper progress.?? would love to see that too :)??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)