Summer Reading 2019 - Manchester - 08/17/19 10:00 AM to 08/17/19 12:00 PM

Alay

Arrive at 9am to get suited up.

??

Need 3 to confirm by March 1st!

All ages event. Possible story time with troopers, crafts, photo opportunity, possible movie for you.??

From host:
??

This will be a full-blown Star Wars Convention here at the Manchester Public Library. Tentative new date is Saturday August 17th, from 10-4pm. This event will be an all-ages, Grand Finale Party for all departments for our space-themed summer reading. In theory, we would have a meet and greet/pictures with the 501st from 10-11/12. I can provide all of what you requested. We have a space near our programming room that is locked on two ends, and I can make big honka signs so staff does not enter. I can absolutely provide bottled water and snacks. You are also welcome to bring your blasters.??

??

Blasters: Okay!
Snacks: You betcha
Secure Changing Room: Damn skippy

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Summer Reading 2019 - Manchester

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed!

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the 100% from the event host.?? Expect a 10-11 photo session with patrons and Green Screen (should be fun!) and general hangout stuff afterwards.?? Library staff is apparently working on some themed costumes :D

??

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

• 3 months later...

Hi, Gang...

I'd love to fall in with you once again as a TK.?? We lived in Manchester for nearly 20 years, so the library is familiar and much-loved??territory for me.

A.J.

• Like 2

699440528_ajsignatureCenturion.png.a521b986d293a91152263b26ae08919a.png

42 minutes ago, A.J. Hamler said:

Hi, Gang...

I'd love to fall in with you once again as a TK.?? We lived in Manchester for nearly 20 years, so the library is familiar and much-loved??territory for me.

A.J.

Always welcome AJ! Would be awesome seeing you again!

8qAXZbQ.png

On 5/21/2019 at 10:42 AM, Alay said:

Always welcome AJ! Would be awesome seeing you again!

Seconded. :)

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Thanks, guys!?? I'm already looking forward to it -- actually, I've been looking forward to it since I first read about it.

If the timing works out for her summer schedule, may my wife Sally (ID-61950) also take part at??this event??? I'd ask her right now what her summer plans are, but at the moment she's up in Connecticut undoing the bad influences I gave our grandson on my last visit.?? (Damn her, now I have to re-corrupt him all over again on my next visit.)??

Sally's an Imperial Line Officer, olive/gray.

A.J.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, A.J. Hamler said:

may my wife Sally (ID-61950) also take part at??this event?

Absolutely!?? Only ask that she registers on the forum and signs up for the event; it helps us to track attendance through the year :)

8qAXZbQ.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, BFKN said:

Question about the green screen, if I wear kermit, you know, it???s all green? I???d be camouflaged in pics?

Yes, it will be the perfect camouflage. ;)

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

• 1 month later...

I have been looking so forward to this event for months, but our travel plans to come up to Connecticut next weekend??have fallen through. ??Unfortunately, I'll have to drop out. ??

I'm totally bummed.??

A.J.

1 hour ago, A.J. Hamler said:

I have been looking so forward to this event for months, but our travel plans to come up to Connecticut next weekend??have fallen through. ??Unfortunately, I'll have to drop out. ??

I'm totally bummed.??

A.J.

Sorry to hear.... maybe next event?

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

1 hour ago, A.J. Hamler said:

I'm totally bummed.??

A.J.

No worries A.J., next time! :)

8qAXZbQ.png