Star Wars Day @ Fairfield Public Library - 12/07/19 10:00 AM to 12/07/19 02:00 PM

Event Name:?? Star Wars Day
Venue:?? Fairfield Public Library
Venue address:?? 1080 Old Post Road
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? Fairfield, Connecticut
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 06825
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? USA
Event Start:?? 12/7/2019?? - 11:00 am
Event End:?? ?? 12/7/2019?? - 2:30??pm
Event Website:?? fairfieldpubliclibrary.org
Expected number of attendees:?? 500
Requested number of characters:?? any and all!
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: The Fairfield Public Library hosts an annual Star Wars Day event. We have all sorts of Star Wars-themed stations, which often include crafts, story times, a "lightsaber training" session with a local kempo academy,?? lectures and discussions, and more. We have not yet finalized our programming line up for this year but we expect to have a day and a building full of activities and programs for all ages. Some years, we have had over 1,000 visitors to our event. We encourage our visitors to wear costumes.
Referred by:?? Through Facebook and other local events.

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Star Wars Day @ Fairfield Public Library

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, bsands said:

@Chewy can you confirm if this event is happening??? 4 troopers signed up but event is stilled listed as pending.

It should be - I'm waiting on a response from the event host to confirm the timings. Considering we're also going to be at Mystic that evening, I figure 12pm - 2/2:30 is probably a good timeslot. When I get the email back we can move it to confirmed.

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

Event is confirmed. Please note the arrival time of 11:00AM to be ready in costume by 12:00PM, ending at around 2:00/2:30PM. That will give anyone interested in making the Mystic event straight afterwards time to make the drive up the coast. :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

I'm feeling like rubbish so I won't be able to make the trip down to Fairfield in the morning.?? At the library the contact's name is??Merry Mao and she can be reached at??(203) 256-3160 if needed. Have fun! :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

8 hours ago, Chewy said:

I'm feeling like rubbish so I won't be able to make the trip down to Fairfield in the morning.?? At the library the contact's name is??Merry Mao and she can be reached at??(203) 256-3160 if needed. Have fun! :)

Feel better, I???ll look to see if others are here and talk to Merry??

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler