New Vader WIP

Feliz

So I got bored and decided I need to add a full size Vader bust to my room. ??I started initially with a black series helmet and a cheap belt from Amazon and then, well, I got that "I'm not satisfied" devil on my shoulder and went a bit too far...made a NEW belt, etc. ??I need a proper chest box but I'm happy with the results!??

IMG_0408.jpeg

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

With black series - cheap belt and after w/ EFX and home made beltIMG_0410.thumb.jpg.0e5ea0ca7614645fc8398a3188b515d0.jpg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

When you said bust I thought.... nevermind.

??

Nick that looks INCREDIBLE!?? The upgrades really make it pop!

??

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Haha! Sounds like a reply from Joe! Lol!

Appreciate the compliment! I do need to get a better chest box someday though.??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Thanks Jarred! I???m actually gunna be selling the Black Series helmet if you???re interested. I even painted the alternate colors properly on it as well. Hit me up!

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Looks Really good Nick!?? great job!!!

??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 1 month later...

Well, with all this time home now, I got bored and decided to build a new chest box from scratch. ??Started with a flat piece of 1/4 inch ABS, made a pattern and then cut and heated up to bend it to shape. I used two part putty epoxy to fill the spaces in the corners. It came out pretty good.??

IMG_0468.jpeg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Then on the to rocker switch like buttons. Found a piece of leftover exterior molding and cut it into blocks, then shaped the switch. Sand and paint, and they came out OK! need to fill a bit more but that will be easy.??

IMG_0556 2.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Then onto the two lights, which don't light up on the ANH version, which leaves it easier for me. Took some ABS, built up a few layers of it to the right thickness, then shaped and painted them.

IMG_0534.jpg

Buttons.jpg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Now I am working on the coin slots. I will get metal versions at some point but need something to do so I made some out of ABS. Here they are test fitted. I will paint them next silver / metallic. I ??need the rods on either side but need to source the metal versions, or find someone with a machine shop who will let me play with their lathe! Once I have those, I will finally paint the main box.

Coin_Slots.jpg

Edited by Feliz
  • Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• 1 month later...

So, I redid the belt. TONS of thanks to Michelle for the help with the main boxes! I guess I may have to turn this into a full build thread....thoughts?

belt.jpg

• Love 2

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Yay he's finally doing Vader! :D

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 1 month later...

I got boots!

IMG_0956.jpeg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

And I made a cod piece :)

IMG_0958.jpg

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• The title was changed to New Vader WIP

Hey Nick, where'd you get the metal belt buckle?

8qAXZbQ.png

3 hours ago, Alay said:

Hey Nick, where'd you get the metal belt buckle?

A vendor called Portumac. He's on Facebook:??https://www.facebook.com/portumac

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• 1 month later...

Started making my own undersuit...cause well... its way cheaper than buying one! In don't think I did that bad for a first try!

Vader_Top.jpg

• Like 2

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

On 8/10/2020 at 8:54 PM, jimsprenkle said:

I think they need to be dull for ANH vader

Possibly,??yes. I am sure I can get them polished up pretty good though if needed, They only need a medium gloss according to the CRL.??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the pants! Cape and inner robe ??next.thumbnail_IMG_1183.thumb.jpg.b4c2e724b4ed7c564ae24147876dadbb.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1183.jpg

Edited by Feliz
  • Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

• 1 month later...

I think I am getting close!

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1309.jpeg

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

IMG_1307 2.jpg

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686