Johnna???s Jawa - WIP

So, among all of my other projects, art pieces, 3D prints and costume builds (not to mention all my adulting responsibilities, lol) I have finally started ??working on Johnna???s Jawa costume.??
??I believe I have gathered most of the materials needed to get a good start on it. We have already made up a mock template from an old sheet and will need to bring the monks cloth and templates to my mother???s??to put her sewing machine wizardry to the test.??
??Actually it should be a breeze for her.

Meanwhile, I downloaded the STL files to print the Ion Blaster. They have actually been printed for about 4 months now and I got tired of shuffling??the pieces out of my way in the??craft bench. So tonight, I assembled and painted it. It???s pretty much done. Just have to find a rotary spring for the trigger movement. Unfortunately I only stopped to take a few pics during the assembly. -I get too into my work to remember to snap pics lol.

??Anyway, here is what we have so far.

??More to come. (In between working on my FOTK of course)

??

2B755E7F-E20F-4E4E-896C-FC0231B49F65.jpeg

C52445AD-3ED0-476B-A1BC-911E50C8599C.jpeg

A379EE46-C51C-48E1-B8F7-0501C5D8B1C3.jpeg

2E8C6325-EFF3-4823-A390-B012075F882C.jpeg

5D571865-488F-4A37-A63C-C000F93BF8B1.jpeg

1A48704C-5CFD-476E-B300-D35EDE237C7B.jpeg

CDE3094B-D09F-4472-AB82-415CFDDB645A.jpeg

02216FE7-D07A-4B2E-B338-A497FE9E0B29.jpeg

B2C8BF5C-3F5D-4C86-86F8-C5C63294EB57.jpeg

861A22C2-AF85-4BF4-A658-FB6E48DD084A.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

You need to do a tutorial on painting my man.

Thanks.
It???s really nothing special. All I did was spray silver metallic into a rag and wiped it on the black parts. That gives it an antique look as if worn. And the stock was just painted brown and then I folded a piece of paper and sprayed black near the edge while holding it on various parts of??the gun stock. This creating the linear wood-like??pattern. Then added some minor details.

??It literally took me about 10 minutes and some dry time in between. All done in rattle-can. Lol

I still need to dirty it up some more with some lighter paint to make it look like it???s been in the desert sand.

Damn that weathering job is awesome!

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

7 hours ago, Alay said:

Damn that weathering job is awesome!

Thanks. The stock is still a little too clean and overall it needs to look??a bit dusty as if it???s been in the desert for a long time. So I???ll probably use a similar technique to dirty it up. That should do it. Then I can turn my attention to??the costume itself.

??Johnna said she loves it tho! ??

Awesome!~ Utinni!!!

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Excited to see Johnna get approved! This looks awesome!??

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome guys !?? Nailed it.???????Will there be Jawa sound clips/chatter?

The Garrison totally needs a Tatooine backdrop for pictures now....wink, wink

• Love 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

On 3/16/2020 at 11:28 AM, Jimbo said:

??

Looks awesome guys !?? Nailed it.???????Will there be Jawa sound clips/chatter?

??

??

Yes! She ordered a sound glove. Should be here soon I hope. But from the looks of things she has plenty of time. ?

Damn you guys did a bangup job!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

• 1 month later...

WOW!!?? that Jawa is Looking AMAZING!!?? well done!!

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 2 weeks later...