Somers Scarecrow Festival Saturday Oct 23rd, 10am-4pm - 10/23/21 10:00 AM to 10/23/21 12:00 AM

Feliz

Event Name: ??Somers Scarecrow Festival??
Venue: ??Four Town Fairgrounds??
Venue address: ??50 Egypt Rd
??????????????????????????????Somers, Connecticut
??????????????????????????????06071
??????????????????????????????USA
Event Start: ??Oct 23 ??- 10
Event End: ??????October 23 ??- 4
Event Website: ??Facebook page??
Expected number of attendees: ??200?
Requested number of characters: ??Any
Requested character types:??
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Can troopers carry blasters: Yes
Can troopers carry/bring props like lightsabers and staffs: Yes
Is parking available: Yes
Is venue accessible to those with limited mobility: Yes
Amenities available at venue: Restrooms, water and food
Comments: It???s a scarecrow festival for the town and it raises money for social services Adopt A Family Christmas Program.
We have a scarecrow judging contest, pumpkin carving, craft vendors, food trucks and crafters. We have a whole kids area with a stage. We don???t have locker rooms to change in, but a barn.
Hey all! So this is a new event for us but it should be a fun one! No cap on characters, blasters OK and a barn to change in (Andy will have a place to park his horse). Lets get some people signed up! 10am start time so I'd plan on arriving an hour earlier. I will have more details shortly!

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Somers Scarecrow Festival Saturday Oct 23rd, 10am-4pm

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

I would like to go!??

Are we doing the full 10am - 4pm time??? ??Trying to pick my costume based on my health ability to troop for that long :)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Hi Neighbors to the south!?? Derek from Springfield here... I'm the one that started the contact with the organizer??of the event and can easily get in touch if you have questions.

The person who reached out to me is Kara Wolters (from UConn and Connecticut Sun fame, played with Rebecca Lobo, etc).?? This is a troop for the kids and a fundraiser.?? She has some plans in mind to raise some funds with different attractions within the "ticket" areas in that some of us would be inside those areas with candy, or whatever to give away (provided to us), and they will get to take pictures with us.?? There will hopefully be enough of us to be in the "free" area for pictures as well...the ticketed area is just a way for the kids to have something extra too.?? IF enough troops sign up, perhaps we can organize it into 2 shifts... perhaps an 11-1 and a 1-3 just to get coverage through the meat of the event.?? If not, we'll just do the best we can.?? 10/23 will be here very soon though, so hopefully we get a good response!?? Please feel free to respond here or email me directly if you have questions and I can ask Kara directly.?? Cheers!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like we have 5 troopers signed up. How many do we need before this goes into the ???confirmed??? event location? That date is right around the corner. I am thinking about signing up.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Looks like we have 5 troopers signed up. How many do we need before this goes into the ???confirmed??? event location? That date is right around the corner. I am thinking about signing up.

Tis confirmed now sir!

• Like 2

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Thank you all for attending this event! Your contact there is Kara Wolters (860-985-5252)??She may ask you to also hand out candy to children and if you have any trading cards, it'd be cool if you can bring them and hand those out as well. They may do a scavenger hunt as well. She'll get you set up once you are there!??

• Like 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Health is not being my friend today, I'm going to have to change my Maybe to a Not Attending :(?? Have fun guys take pics if you can!

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

19 minutes ago, Alay said:

Health is not being my friend today, I'm going to have to change my Maybe to a Not Attending :(?? Have fun guys take pics if you can!

Rest up and feel better

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

On 10/23/2021 at 2:52 PM, Jimbo said:

Missed you Sarah (and Michelle)??:(

Somers23Oct2021.jpeg

You all look awesome!!! Thank you for crushing it!

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686