Middletown Pride Parade - 06/04/22 12:00 PM to 06/04/22 06:00 PM

Alay

Middletown Pride Parade will be hosted on June 4th during their Middletown PrideFest event!????

We did this last in 2019 and it was quite enjoyable.?? Feel free to decorate up your costumes how you please.?? This will likely be a NO BLASTERS event.

More details to come regarding parking/setup/etc.?? Parade current start time in 2pm, but our stepoff could be some time later than that.

Rain date is Sunday, June 5.

??

Check In Tent at the corner of High St and Spring St, someone from our group will check us in (Joe or myself probably).?? People will direct us where exactly we go.

ARRIVE BY 1PM at the LATEST please.

??

We DO NOT KNOW what division we are in until day of parade.?? Please check THIS POST or the accompanying thread for that info!

??

Parking is available in all Municipal lots during the day of pride at no cost. PLEASE NOTE: Parking is not readily available in the March area as these are residential streets. ??

Melilli Plaza Arcade Lot (Dingwall Drive)??
Russell Library Lot Off Broad Street??
Marino Lot AKA Kid City/Washington & Broad Street Lot??
ADA Parking??is available directly across from the festival behind D???Angelo Funeral Home (22 S Main St, Middletown, CT 06457)??

??

The march will be assembling on five streets: Spring St, Rome Ave, Pease Ave, Stack St, and Grove St depending on your assigned marching division.??

??

ASSEMBLY AREAS: ??

Pride Division ????????????.?????????????????? Spring St ??
Rainbow Division ?????????????????????... Spring St at Rome Ave Intersection??
Division 1 ?????????????????????.............. Rome Ave??
Division 2 ???????????????????????????????????? Spring St at Pease Ave Intersection ??
Division 3 ?????????????????????????????????.... Pease Ave at Spring St Intersection??
Division 4 ?????????????????????????????????.... Grove St??
Division 5 ???????????????????????????????????? Stack St at Grove St Intersection ??
??

Plan your approach to the assembly area so that you can pull into line. Proceed north on High Street. ??

Pride Division: Turn right on Spring St and proceed to the corner of Spring and Main. ??
Rainbow Division: Turn right on Spring St and proceed to the corner of Spring and Rome Ave.??
Division 1: Stay on High Street to North Main. Stay on North Main then turn right on to Stack St, then turn left onto Rome Ave.??
Division 2: Turn right on Spring St and proceed to the corner of Spring and Pease Ave.??
Division 3: ??Stay on High Street to North Main then turn right on to Pease, follow down towards Spring St. intersection. ??
Division 4: Stay on High Street to North Main then turn right onto Grove St, follow down towards Stack St. intersection. ??
Division 5: Turn right on Stack St and proceed to the corner of Stack and Pease Ave.??
??

Please note: ??

1. Self-powered vehicles and wagons or trailers longer than 10 feet or wider than 8 feet must enter the ??assembly area at 12:30 p.m. Large vehicles will not be allowed into the assembly area after the streets are blocked for assembly at 1:00 p.m.??

2. Only march unit vehicles are allowed in assembly area.??

3. Do not throw anything to spectators. This is a safety issue. Small children tend to run after these, regardless of vehicles.??

4. Units with animals are required to clean up after the animals. This is a public health issue. ??

5. At the end of the Pride March, marchers should proceed directly into the PrideRally/ PrideFest on the South Green. ??Large vehicles must turn left onto Union Street.??

??

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Middletown Pride Parade

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 1 month later...

I think we have 10 RSVPs across all the groups right now, but hopefully we'll get more soon and move this to a confirmed event!

• Like 1

Rebel Legion Kamino Base CO

SG 678

Consider it confirmed! Get anyone coming to sign up on the forums pls

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be all right to arrive a little later (12:45 - 1:00)??? My kids each have sporting events that end around 12:00 so my wife and I each need to take one.

1 hour ago, bsands said:

Would it be all right to arrive a little later (12:45 - 1:00)??? My kids each have sporting events that end around 12:00 so my wife and I each need to take one.

The more the merrier.?? the arrival time is just to prevent us from having to rush.?? so long as we can coordinate properly it shouldnt be a problem

• Like 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

Would love to potentially come in as a wrangler! My living situation is still a little in the air right now, as I'm currently job searching so we'll see if I stay in CT, but I do plan to. I should know more by the end of the month.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, HRivera7322 said:

Would love to potentially come in as a wrangler! My living situation is still a little in the air right now, as I'm currently job searching so we'll see if I stay in CT, but I do plan to. I should know more by the end of the month.

wrangling is great, especially for parades

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

• 3 weeks later...

Parade day!?? I'll be trying to get there around 12:30 to get us the info and will post here what division were at??

8qAXZbQ.png

2 minutes ago, Halfrek said:

Just checked in we are Divison 4 Grove St.

Thanks!

8qAXZbQ.png

We're hanging out at the corner of Grove and stack street??

8qAXZbQ.png

Thanks to everyone! Great parade event!!!

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

Album for today!

• Like 2

8qAXZbQ.png