Hello there!

Welcome brother. I very much look forward to trooping with you soon in your finished Mando.

We definitely need more Mando.???

This is the way.???????

• Like 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

Thanks! ??I???m just about finished with the exception of attaching velcro to the flight suit. ??I???m currently working on a kit to add electronic whistling birds but it???s quite a project. ??Lots of very small wires.

Fortunately it???s not a requirement for approval but I???m determined!

• Like 1

So everyone, I???ve hit a snag and hoping for some help. ??The topstitching on my suit is white and not grey. ??Which needless to say upsets me at the prospect of getting approval. ??My choices are this: redo ALL the stitching or otherwise color it OR wait until the CRL is complete for the Book of Boba Din which is almost complete. ??Any thoughts???
??

I???d like to try and get approval soon but understand my time is running out for May 4th events. If you want to check out my costume in person, I???m an employee at Ct Childrens and will be participating in their May the 4th celebration.??
??

Thanks in advance!

The only difference is the stitching color ??which on the CRL states grey for S1V2 Beskar and in the reference picture is hardly visible.

The stitching on mine is white which is more visible and is what is in pre-approval stages as the Book of Boba version. ??1st pic is CRL second is my suit. ??I???m sure the lighting is a bit different to create some of the differences here, especially in the brown, but yea. ??Granted, I do have the additional shin and shoulder with mudhorn to create a BoBF look but figured I???d check with you all as it???s ultimately up to the GML.

87B53B31-BC8D-4EE9-9BF0-767EBF4EC634.png

29105516-0AE8-4221-BE3D-0BDA187214EC.jpeg

I???m not opposed to it, no. ??Whatever it takes to make the cut! This is the way.

If I do that, and say I wanted to switch out the thigh and shoulder on occasion to the updated look would I be forced into getting a whole new flight suit or is there some wiggle room?

11 minutes ago, CTdadalorian20 said:

I???m not opposed to it, no. ??Whatever it takes to make the cut! This is the way.

If I do that, and say I wanted to switch out the thigh and shoulder on occasion to the updated look would I be forced into getting a whole new flight suit or is there some wiggle room?

The rule is you can't troop in a costume that isn't an approved 501st costume.

There can be wiggle room circumstance dependent and the command team would have to be the ones to issue you that wiggle room.?? Feel free send a message to me or the GML @Alay for specific questions regarding the build or what "wiggling" might need to be done.

??

Hope that helps

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

It did thank you! ??I???m certainly not trying to get around anything as I???m deeply committed at this point, just finding myself torn on which look to go for because I overlooked something so small of a detail as a stitch. ??Which is an absolute oversight on my part, and not the CRL.

Hey Seth!??

Great seeing you on the forums now after talking with you on Facebook! Hope to see you approved soon and good luck with all.???

• Like 1

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...

I have the left gauntlet to finish, and this is the season 2/ Book of Boba Fett set of armor (which still has a CRL in the works) but I suited up for the first time today to figure out what needs finishing and tweaking. ??Hope to be approved for a temp pass to join the baseball game and then ultimately full approval to join the 501st.

90E3BA9C-1147-462B-B0A8-12E20963355A.jpeg

• Like 2

What kind of opening mechanism are you using for the bracers? I'm printing mine out now using the GrapeStudioArt files at 105% but I dont think I can make the bracers big enough for my hand to fit all the way through without making it look too big. Did you end up making them all one piece with inserts inside to stop it from moving?

The bracers are printed in 2 pieces, and though there are spots for magnets I sanded them down to put thicker ones to make the connection a little stronger. ??I used a piece of elastic fabric glued with E6000 as a fail safe for the magnets in case they popped off. ??On the inside of each bracers is a velcro strap that I use to tighten it to my forearm so it stays in put.

I???ve never worn them for a full outing so the success of that is yet to be determined.