Looking for some new faces to help the command team

th-546899062.jpg.874c90d23b9e9b25a430346305c72557.jpg

Hey kids.  The 2022 Legion year is coming to a close with elections in February

I'll be putting my hat in the ring once more for commander and (hopefully) have a similar staff contingent

Our current crew load out is a set of enthusiastic people who I really enjoy working with. However, they are all old and busted and smell a little so I am reaching out to existing garrison membership in an open forum to (in)formally invite anyone interested in being a part of Garrison leadership to step forward.

There are several positions to consider.  Some take a little more work than others.  Initially the goal is to have volunteers be assistants to the existing command staff roles to learn how each position works, and in some cases, take a little bit of the work off our existing staff so we can make it a smooth ride the whole new year.

Our garrison doesn't necessarily fill out all the available roles available to a 501st garrison, mainly due to the CTG's small and manageable size.  It makes it so wearing several hats isn't as overwhelming as if we were somewhere like NY or LA.   Makes holding a position more of a formality in a club than a second job.  Having said that, we don't want people to be wearing extra hats if they don't need to. 

Our current roles and staff are as follows:

Commander: @Backpacks Got Jets - for now, until someone usurps me via fraudulent and corrupt rigged election.  Garrison commander makes final decisions on garrison business and more or less charts the course for the year. 

XO - @Alay - Executive officer acts as a "first officer" who helps the commander make necessary decisions and acts as the commander in their absence.

Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) - The GML's primary role in our garrison is to review and critique costume submissions.  The GML should generally stay up to date on relevant garrison/legion business and guidelines.  The GML also more or less acts as a contact point for new and prospective members. @Alay is our GML, but the duties of GML are often shared between command staff members with final judgement/approvals going through the commander. 

Garrison Event Coordinator (GEC) - The GEC position is likely the most involved position in our garrison.  The GEC acts as a contact point for event hosts and figures out the details for our troops.  The GEC is usually the one putting up the event requests in our forums and the one who is primarily responsible for us knowing what is going on when we show up.  @Feliz is doing an amazing job as GEC, but I'd like to give him some support in this role in 2023

Garrison Merchandising and Branding Officer (GMBO)  - The GMBO or "Merch" officer is tasked with getting the cool stuff that we all like to buy from concept to reality.  Shirts, hats, patches and coins and everything in between.  The GMBO has to stay up on Legion rules regarding branding and copyright and communicate at Legion level about the products being produced.  They are also responsible for maintaining accurate records of cost and payments.  @BFKN enjoys his coins.  Maybe he can make his hobbies rub off on you too.

Public Relations Officer - @Iconic_ctinferno : master of disguise, Has been our PR officer.  Public relations, in Garrison terms, is essentially maintaining our Social Media presence and is a contact point for non-trooping event communications and coordination.  The position can be fun if you choose to make it that way.

Garrison Web Liaison - You're on a forum, reading this.  The GWL maintains the website, and deals with those sorts of things.  To be honest I'm completely lost when it comes to working on websites so it's a good thing @Alay (many hats) tolerates my incompetence.  It would be good for someone to come up for her to show the essentials to so that if she decides to disappear in the middle of the night, we're not stuck without the keys to the kingdom.

Garrison Charity Liaison - The charity liaison position is primarily responsible for following up with event hosts for proof of charitable donation and logging those in a spreadsheet.  Our previous charity rep had to step down and I know some of you reached out to me before to fill the position but I've been a huge failure in that part.  Ideally our 2023 year will have the position filled

Like I said, there are other roles, but most of the extra roles are unnecessary for our garrison for now. 

If anyone has interest please reach out to me via private message on either the forum or facebook so we can talk about opportunities

Here's to having a successful 2023 campaign!

• Like 2

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

19 hours ago, Lgrad said:

Does the assistant assist for the entire year to learn? Very interested in stepping up but don't wanna steal anyone's spot lol

Usually folks are in position until the next election year, but positions have no hard and fast rule, and multiple people can fulfill the same position.  For example, multiple event coordinators to share the effort!

19 hours ago, Mylehigh said:

Count me in! I’d love to get more involved. 

Yeeeeee!!!

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 6 months later...

I am always willing to help and assist command staff any time they need an extra body to take care of anything they can't. One thing I learned very early on in the FD is that delegation of work load benefits everyone and the organization as a whole. Don't hesitate to contact me if help is ever needed. 

• Love 1