Better than that old fossil - Jodo Kast (long WIP)

Looks awesome Sarah!

??For the knees, if they are slipping I would use soft Velcro. Sew the soft side to the jumpsuit knees, and stick the scratchy side on the inside of the knee guards. I think a snap would feel uncomfortable, especially when bending the knees. I don???t usually depend on Velcro but it does work nicely and inconspicuously with flex areas. I actually put a spot on the inside of my codpiece as well. Just to keep it from shifting out of place when walking.

??Can the jetpack straps be shortened a bit? If so, it might not look so much like it???s leaning away from you. Plus, when the straps are shorter, the pack will feel more secure to your backplate, and less likely to wobble around during movement. The only downside is that over time, the strain on your neck and shoulders can be a bit much. But I???m usually good for about 3 or 4 hours before I start to notice any strain.

??The shoulder/collar??armor is tricky. I???ve had to re-shape mine several times once I actually tried it on. Once the weight on the jetpack sits on it, everything tends to pull back towards your neck. Which emphasizes the gap between the neck plate and chest plates. I took my back plate and collar??plate (while keeping them connected) and kinda pushed them into a large pillow after heating the shoulder areas with a heat gun. This made it sort-of roll forward a bit and help relieve the pulling effect. But I don???t know what your armor material is made of. You mentioned hammering it, so maybe it???s metal? Mine is just Sintra so it???s easy to reshape if I have to.

??I hope you can get the CRLs updated so you can submit for approval. It would be fun to troop with Boba???s perpetrator!

If you need hoses, the place I got mine from had hoses with a thinner wall. Which made them softer and more pliable. I got them from??a store called Runnings in Putnam. I can get you some if you need it. They sell it by the foot, pretty cheap.

:)

Edited by Swiftcloud
  • Like 1

Thanks for the post jerred! :)

i think I am going to try Velcro on the knee.?? They're padded so it may be tricky.

my armor is metal, so harder to reshape.?? Might scratch make a new piece.?? I think it needs to taper a bit better.?? I commissioned it two years ago so understandably my body has changed since.

I just added the hoses last night.?? Expect a picture soon ;)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

UDdMGix.png

??

Hoses attached.?? Need to figure out how I want to add em to my flight suit.?? I guess a clip under the double sleeve?

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

My flightsuit has a small opening near the shoulder between the inner and outer sleeve. It allows me to pass the hoses through and under the flak vest to connect to the jetpack.

??

15640DB4-F74E-45F8-B606-0FC16E9A9D40.jpeg

CB3A77DB-B2D9-49DC-BF66-CC6E1C06DB19.jpeg

• Like 1

Hm I should probably put a wire of some sort through the tubes too...

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

I think the wires make the tubes look more purposeful. Mine actually have the connectors at the end to connect to the jetpack. Makes me feel more ???connected??? to my gear. Lol

• 6 months later...

yPupdpJ.png

??

Approved as of 11/3 :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png