ComiConn Sci-Fi Night @Sports Center of Connecticut - 09/22/18 01:00 PM to 09/22/18 05:00 PM

ComiConn comes to Sports Center of Connecticut for a night of fun!!

Event Time: 1-5pm
Arrival Time: 12PM
Blasters: A-ok!

We'll be running a small Blast-A-Trooper event as well during the event.?? Charity funds to CCMC!

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? ComiConn Sci-Fi Night @Sports Center of Connecticut

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

??

Okay I might need a nap in the car before going in.

But add me to this.

SandTrooper

• Love 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

Sounds pretty cool.?? whats involved and or anyone do this event before??? thx??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

45 minutes ago, First0rder said:

Sounds pretty cool.?? whats involved and or anyone do this event before??? thx??

This is a brand new thing.?? Basically, as Erik tells me, this will be a one-night mini-convention type thing.????

More details to come, but we'll probably set up a small table and do greets, photo ops, and some sort of charity drive.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

This is right near me so I???m in!

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

Awesome! ??Event coordinators can add folks manually, otherwise the listed folks can log in and click "Going" on RSVP. ??I'll add any missing tomorrow over lunch if they haven't already RSVP'd.

??

We can probably run a blast-a-trooper event with those numbers! ??I'll ask Erik about how much space we'll have.

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Added everyone except Steve... Don't recall his username and my search isn't great before coffee I guess.?? Just @ him if ya recall it, otherwise I'll ask him at the event.

Everyone else on that list, I'd appreciate it if you just post to confirm you're coming and final note on what costume you're bringing.

??

Stay tuned for coordinator details from Joan as we work out the rest with Erik :)

8qAXZbQ.png

Confirmed. ??I'll either wear my Gunner or my TIE Reservist (aka Imperial Crew with a better sense of accessories *wink*).

??

• Love 1

Signature Small 2.png

DS/SL/ID/IC/IN/IG/TI - 20304 | SG -1035

Confirmed. I???ll be there as my Tusken. If you need me to hop into Leia or Jedi for a bit let me know, but Tusken 100%.

• Love 1

@(*-*)@

Samantha Dennett - RL & 501st Member

DZ 21382

Orr'ur (Tusken Raider)

Meera J'omil (Jedi Knight & Padawan)

Senator Leia

By the way, the event is listed on the wrong date in the calendar. It???s currently showing Friday the 21st when it should be Sat the 22nd.

• Love 1

@(*-*)@

Samantha Dennett - RL & 501st Member

DZ 21382

Orr'ur (Tusken Raider)

Meera J'omil (Jedi Knight & Padawan)

Senator Leia

It's been forever and a day since I've trooped and I would love to jump back in with this crew!

Sign me up, please.

Gino - TK.

• Love 2

Gino Bellia

Stamford, CT

SL-7832 | Darth Vader: ESB

TK-7832 | Stormtrooper: ANH

May the force be with G.

• The title was changed to ComiConn Sci-Fi Night @Sports Center of Connecticut - 09/22/18
13 minutes ago, meera said:

By the way, the event is listed on the wrong date in the calendar. It???s currently showing Friday the 21st when it should be Sat the 22nd.

Might be set now... Since time is still blank/pending, it was defaulting to midnight.

??

??

11 minutes ago, G Force said:

It's been forever and a day since I've trooped and I would love to jump back in with this crew!

Sign me up, please.

Gino - TK.

??

Added, good to hear from ya Gino!

8qAXZbQ.png

Steve's username is Icedevil

Also no Blast-A-Trooper please...if this is anything like the Sound Tigers event, space will be limited

Dave Spencer

Kamino Base XO

Former CTG XO/GWM/Archivist

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

TK/DZ 7212

1 hour ago, The Skull said:

Steve's username is Icedevil

Also no Blast-A-Trooper please...if this is anything like the Sound Tigers event, space will be limited

That will be determined when we know the space we have been given.

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

Might as well change this one to confirmed.?? 16 troopers going and 4 Maybe..?? ??Pretty good numbers.??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

53 minutes ago, Foxhound621 said:

Going PG, not doing blast a trooper since I don't have crotch protection??

Don't like to live dangerously???;)

8qAXZbQ.png

Okay!?? Further talks with Erik; Event is in final planning phases between them, the venue, and us.?? They're deciding between 1-5pm or 2-6pm still.?? I've set the event on the calendar with this range, and updated the details with blasters.????

We'll supposedly have plenty of room for BaT, so with a small backdrop we're gonna give it a whirl.?? ??If anyone would like to throw??charity name as a suggestion feel free.?? I'd personally love to do something for EMS Stratford since they've treated us awesome the last few years we've done their open house.

??

On 7/10/2018 at 3:23 PM, First0rder said:

Might as well change this one to confirmed.?? 16 troopers going and 4 Maybe..?? ??Pretty good numbers.??

Once Erik has confirmed final details and sent us over their logos and stuff for promotion we'll be moving this to confirmed :)?? Hoping this week!??

Also going to send out the invite to the NEG, RI guys, and ECG if anyone wants to pop in from there end.?? @trevelyan??Any interest from you or any of the droid builders? :)

8qAXZbQ.png

Add Tom Dyer to the list as well...

And to clarify, none of the folks I've signed up will be doing Blast A Trooper

Dave Spencer

Kamino Base XO

Former CTG XO/GWM/Archivist

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

TK/DZ 7212

3 hours ago, The Skull said:

Add Tom Dyer to the list as well...

Added, will be good to see Tom again!????:td:

??

3 hours ago, The Skull said:

And to clarify, none of the folks I've signed up will be doing Blast A Trooper

How very uncool

8qAXZbQ.png

I kinda agree with the skull here, it kinda saps the fun out of an event being stuck somewhere and getting??shot at. Better to walk around and get attention than be locked down in a single corner