Building Boba Fett

• 2 weeks later...

Just leave it white and go pre-pro instead? :P

Image result for prototype fett

??

Your sizing looks really good!?? How's the collar line up?

Also those braids are SWEET!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I???d have to change nearly everything else to go Pre-pro. But that might just be the coolest version going!

I made a new collar as well. Lines up perfectly so far. Still have to bend it over the shoulders though.

The braids you see there are not going to pass, so I???ve been told. So I ordered a??finished??set??from Woodman. Hope they make the cut. They all claim that his are the ???best around???.

Also got a new ammo belt on the way. Waiting, waiting, waiti....wai....zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Swiftcloud
Edit
  • Love 1

Braids pictured aren't good enough??? Damn, the 501st is really strict on Fett??-_-

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Looks great Jerred! LOL on the prototype boba fett. Sarah makes a good point but either way boba is really cool

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

4 hours ago, Alay said:

Braids pictured aren't good enough??? Damn, the 501st is really strict on Fett??-_-

And it???s getting more strict. They just updated the CRL.

http://thebhg.net/forum/index.php?/topic/4927-rotj-boba-fett-crl-v2018/

(Not sure if it???s official yet) but it???s Not fair for someone like me who started building before the updates. But I will keep pressing on. I???m so close.

Edited by Swiftcloud
Forgot link

Just FYI, in most of those cases people who are reasonably far through their build will be "grandfathered in" to previous CRL, especially if they're already heavily monetarily invested.

Plus it's ultimately up to Garrison GMLs.?? Ours aren't too big a jerks ;)

8qAXZbQ.png

Snazzy! :)

8qAXZbQ.png

Final note before you go all in on the paint job.?? BIIIIIIIIIG issues with approval are always how the collar lines up with the chest plates.?? make sure your angles and spacing are correct before you do the paint up because you may have to do more modifications if they aren't correct.

Do all your spacing and test fittings and stuff BEFORE you paint.

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

New armor sizing and alignment test. Basic painting done. Still need to refine the detail and black wash it. But the sizing looks much better, to me, than the old set.

??Still waiting on new braids and ammo belt. ??

??

ED6D54BC-F958-4B9E-9074-F859FF136A12.jpeg

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Kickass!

8qAXZbQ.png

Looking great and well done on the rework!! ??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

On 10/29/2018 at 11:35 AM, Alay said:

Just leave it white and go pre-pro instead? :P

Image result for prototype fett

??

Your sizing looks really good!?? How's the collar line up?

Also those braids are SWEET!

I thought of doing pre-pro or a holiday edition??

next , We will have to wait and see??

• Love 1

Love that type of padding!?? I got my belt from Delta Leather.?? It's pretty decent for the price.?? I've seen MoWs belt too and it looks decent enough.?? Let us know what you end up going with when you've decided :)

8qAXZbQ.png

MOW belts have not been available for quite some time now. I have been watching for months. His blog says that they are coming soon, but soon must mean in a year or more?

??I checked the Delta Leather site and they don???t seem to have the ROTJ version.

??So I found someone on Etsy that is custom making mine to the specs provided by Rafalfett on TDH. These are his specs:

??

E19D04BE-091B-437F-9819-4BEBD63BE85A.jpeg

2684F80B-B47F-471D-8E0B-295558657F14.jpeg

2 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Ammo belt arrived. Took advantage of this bright sunny day to take new pics.

Resubmitted for approval!??

??

C2769C8E-B1C3-4B4B-A103-15E57A7DF7F9.jpeg

282A8ADA-988F-4987-B736-AADB4638896E.jpeg

EBD533DA-0B8B-4590-897E-A7DB44D071D7.jpeg

F1C6CD2F-B975-4257-9678-E60429943450.jpeg

D14F2E62-2931-47F8-8385-CF279FDB10C8.jpeg

Dude awesome! looks really cool! Good luck on approval!??

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

3 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Guess what everyone??????

?

You got rejected, had all your armor burned, and were told you're preemptively banned from the 501st forever?

??

Or literally the opposite? ?

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png