Building Boba Fett

1 hour ago, Alay said:

You... should make/sell me a harness so I don't have to make my own! :D

That came out AMAZING!?? Nicely done!

You can find buckles on ebay for like $5... I think @Backpacks Got Jets??bought one off there, he might have a link!

I???m pretty sure I could make another one if you need. It wasn???t that difficult actually. Not sure if I have enough webbing left though. I???ll have to get some more.??

I have tons of webbing I bought to make one, just haven't been able to find the time to actually bend the pipe, cut it all, and make the clips/rivet it/etc.?? If you're serious about making me one, send me a PM and we can talk.?? Yours came out extremely well :)

??

What does your backplate look like??? I noticed you bend the lumbar bar out a bit

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Started painting the pack!

Also, had to extend the collar plate because the jet pack pulled it into my neck and kinda choked me a little. I would have just made a new collar but I didn???t have a big enough piece of sintra left. So I added on some smaller pieces for now. I???ll fill and paint it when the glue dries.

??

B0A9FA6F-A929-4E19-B3EB-09107F8A2283.jpeg

6471CB6E-88F2-441F-A6C5-0ACD9F0AF289.jpeg

28819A1A-F98C-4E34-B00E-A822F7F69911.jpeg

9C096D89-2021-4383-879E-449DD5A4CED0.jpeg

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome job so far!

Be sure to post these over on the BHG forums as well for pointers!

Do you have a girth belt + holster? Couldn't see it in the dressed photos

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Yes. I have the girth belt on. Maybe not in the right position tho. I have to take new pics anyway because Johnna didn???t notice that my headset mic wire was caught on something and had pulled/folded the bottom of my flack vest upward. So in all the photos, it looks like the 1/2??? space under the belly armor is gone. And the wire is stretched across my belly, making me look even fatter! SMH!

?

4 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

I don???t think there is a holster for ROTJ.

its not in the CRL list, and I???ve never seen one on any. ?

Today I learned ROTJ Boba Fett doesn't have a sidearm!

I guess the upgraded EE3 Rifle cost him his Pulce 40 ;)

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

On 9/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, Swiftcloud said:

Application and pics submitted. Just waiting to get picked to pieces. Lol

Good luck, dont over stress it. In time everything will work out. "Patients young padawan" Yoda. lol dont know if Yoda said that but im assuming somewhere in Canon he did??

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

22 hours ago, qsalgado40011 said:

Good luck, dont over stress it. In time everything will work out. "Patients young padawan" Yoda. lol dont know if Yoda said that but im assuming somewhere in Canon he did??

Said this, he has. Sure if it, I am.

lol, for real tho,??thanks for the encouragement my friend.

• Love 1

haha and no problem!

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...

Fett boots ordered. May take a while, but my home-made boots will suffice for now. In the meantime, I have some work to do, to make some required fixes. Need a new ammo belt and some better Wookiee braids. And might have to repaint some areas of the helmet and armor.??

Also, I got a metal divers buckle, so I was able to complete my jetpack harness. :)

Almost there!

??

52953DFD-0CB7-415B-9E7F-8D1CEA51895F.jpeg

• Love 2

Yours came out really nice!?? I ended up using backpack snaps for my shoulder straps, but the same tri-glide rig for the hooks :)

you end up going with ImperialBoots?

8qAXZbQ.png

14 minutes ago, Alay said:

Yours came out really nice!?? I ended up using backpack snaps for my shoulder straps, but the same tri-glide rig for the hooks :)

you end up going with ImperialBoots?

Thanks! :)

Yes! Ordered them last night. Yours looked awesome, so I had to splurge.

I also ordered more sintra. Gonna fix what I can with that for now. Maybe later on I will step up to either vac-formed or maybe even metal? But, for now I just need to get approved.

Edited by Swiftcloud
Cordiality
  • Love 1

Sintra armor scrap/rebuild in process.

This time I have a better size match and I am making the edge??returns??with smoother rounded edges. My wife bought me a new jig saw which made a world of a difference! Cut the shapes, ground the edges off with the bench grinder, filed the egdes for fine detail and smoothing. Next is sanding and then bending. It seems to be going much quicker now that I kinda know what I am doing. That???s all for tonight. More tomorrow after work.80DBBFBA-573B-4EBA-9A53-5C57CA74FD8C.thumb.jpeg.a89219c5ada9cb69ff7483823f8b773a.jpeg

97F04987-B4D7-453C-B85A-AAE221A2EEF1.jpeg

30B6C1C0-9BCE-4C06-AAB1-75157835A97C.jpeg

CFE9410C-87B3-42B0-AD14-CC380645F473.jpeg

8E952806-8148-4448-815C-16EE5D35F857.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

looking pretty good jerred, after your one bending go over those edges a few more times with finer grits to make them nice and smooth before painting.

Will do! Thanks for the tip bruh. Gonna make sure I do it right this time.??

20 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Will do! Thanks for the tip bruh. Gonna make sure I do it right this time.??

as a final stroke to smoothing, a coat of bondo around the edges to just totally get rid of the sanded plastic fuzzies might be a solid idea as well.????

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png