Building Boba Fett

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Looks great Kemosabe !

Not sure why Rubies stuff gets such a??bad rap....your helmet and their Vader helmet are pretty decent starting points. I mean, look at what you did; great customization to your particular character.

Thanks Jimbo!

Very cool!?? I love the way rotj fetts PCB looks

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I added the 18 kill stripes and some other details. (They look a lot brighter in the picture for some reason, but they really are dark orange)

I have added carbon burn effect with the airbrush to the dent. I think it looks more realistic now.

Also, I have replaced the Borden Connector with a better aluminum piece.

I have placed an order from Rafelfett on Shapeways for a proper Rangefinder casing and lens. That should be the last modification needed. -I think.

353BD981-AF9B-4B4C-A1D6-A8EEBC314772.jpeg

Edited by Swiftcloud
Forgot a detail
  • Love 1

Nice work!!

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

So, I???m kinda pissed and upset today. Anovos finally emailed me to tell me that the jet pack is delayed until winter! I pre-ordered it in April. That???s some bull shhhh right there. So, I am in the process of getting a refund and now I have to find someone else that sells the kit.

???

So, I???m thinking maybe Manofwar? Any ideas folks???

4 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

So, I???m kinda pissed and upset today. Anovos finally emailed me to tell me that the jet pack is delayed until winter! I pre-ordered it in April. That???s some bull shhhh right there. So, I am in the process of getting a refund and now I have to find someone else that sells the kit.

???

So, I???m thinking maybe Manofwar? Any ideas folks???

??

That's Anovos for you... Shitty delivery times.?? Sorry to hear man :(

??

I know @Backpacks Got Jets??has a Man-of-war pack and it looks pretty slick.?? I have a partial MoW one I'm working with.????

I also have a home brewed mold but it has some issues... haven't tried to get a pull from it yet.?? Maybe I'll try and see if I can get one to work for you :)

8qAXZbQ.png

It seems like the jet pack is like one of the hardest things to come by these days. Most of the trusted makers listed on TDH??have all retired from building it. Lots of old links. I should have started this build like 10 years ago, I guess. But Anavos has the nerve to keep me on a string for 5 months just to tell me that I would have to wait about another 6 more months. -After I had already paid in full!

??So, I???m willing to pay anybody who can sell me a descent kit that will be 501st approvable. Sarah, you have already helped me out in a big way??with the bucket you gave??me, so I just couldn???t impose on you again. But if you manage to pull a new casting from one, I would gladly pay for it. If not, I will order one from MOW as soon as I get my refund from Anovos (aka ???Anever???). -as in Anever again!

Edited by Swiftcloud
Typo

the other option jerred is to scratch build with schematics from TDH but that's a lot of time and effort that goes into that.

I think Christian at MoW is selling his jetpacks at discount because I heard his master is deteriorating and he won't be able to do jetpacks from that mold for much longer.?? should check him out sooner than later.

also, Don't worry about imposing on Sarah, it's a favorite past time of mine.

• Love 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

42 minutes ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

Don't worry about imposing on Sarah, it's a favorite past time of mine.

Joking aside, seriously, don't ever feel like you're imposing.?? I'm gonna give the mold a gelcoat attempt this evening and we'll see how it goes.?? If it works out, I should be able to pull one with $50~ of resin at most.

8qAXZbQ.png

6 minutes ago, Alay said:

Joking aside, seriously, don't ever feel like you're imposing.?? I'm gonna give the mold a gelcoat attempt this evening and we'll see how it goes.?? If it works out, I should be able to pull one with $50~ of resin at most.

Thank you Sarah. I would gladly give you $50 plus more for your time and effort. Let me know if it works out. If not, don???t worry. I???ll get one somewhere. :)

52 minutes ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

the other option jerred is to scratch build with schematics from TDH but that's a lot of time and effort that goes into that.

I think Christian at MoW is selling his jetpacks at discount because I heard his master is deteriorating and he won't be able to do jetpacks from that mold for much longer.?? should check him out sooner than later.

also, Don't worry about imposing on Sarah, it's a favorite past time of mine.

I have neither time nor know how to scratch build. So scratch that. Lol

??I know MOW is almost out of production too. As soon as I can get my money back from ???Anever??? I will order from Christian. Unless, of course, if Sarah is successful with her casting. (She did an awesome job on the helmets at Terrificon!)

You could also try a 3d print, I know a few people were working on models (probably some publicly available) and you could pay a third party to do the actual print.?? In a pinch, it might be the best chance for one that doesn't have a 2+ year lead time like most makers.

The sanding and filling will suck though! And don't drop it!??:D

8qAXZbQ.png

DVH has a couple jetpack kits if you're still looking for one:??https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/threads/dvh-boba-fett-jetpack-kit-run-of-4.33060/

My mold is unfortunately screwed, going to have to make a new master I think :/

8qAXZbQ.png

9 hours ago, Alay said:

DVH has a couple jetpack kits if you're still looking for one:??https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/threads/dvh-boba-fett-jetpack-kit-run-of-4.33060/

My mold is unfortunately screwed, going to have to make a new master I think :/

I ordered from Man Of War. It should be on its way soon. :)

thanks

• Love 1

So, I worked hard on the new (better and more accurate) helmet. I think it came out pretty fantastic!

??Thanks again to Sarah for her awesomeness in helping make this possible. ??

28A7A78F-6E4F-4D52-8DC4-E77B066A5C17.jpeg

C9FE3E8C-080A-4316-8CFD-6D99F5B252C3.jpeg

1EA07481-B680-40AF-95E6-2E62405D59CD.jpeg

50F1D121-16BE-4695-A053-0F291DA8A67B.jpeg

476E57CB-B2ED-42F7-AFA5-36E7F8FC2D8B.jpeg

EA261DE6-84DD-419E-BB8C-5939BF258D45.jpeg

DD626197-0A8E-4417-AD42-36C823D024CA.jpeg

250435CF-4720-45A0-A672-604CF3AC2E55.jpeg

9243FF54-3F9D-43B0-9B6D-E6A1FAC67AF1.jpeg

• Love 1

Damn dude! Nice paintup!

8qAXZbQ.png

7 hours ago, Alay said:

Damn dude! Nice paintup!

Thanks!

Im still not too confident about the ear caps. I???m not quite sure what the material is, but they??did not want to accept the paint. The first coat just peeled right off when I applied masking tape to paint other areas. So, I sanded and repainted them. Hoping they don???t crack and peel again. Gonna let the paint cure for a few days and test it again.

??Gotta get some tiny earth magnets for the stalk, to keep it up right. Otherwise, it???s done. Hopefully, in the next week or two, my jet pack kit will arrive. Getting close to the finish line! ?

Smooth cast 300.?? Paint probably didn't stick because they have release agent on them:??https://www.smooth-on.com/support/faq/141/

??

Bath + scrubbing + finish sanding is what I usually do to get it to stick.?? It's a real bother sometimes.?? You'll have to do it with the jetpack too!

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what came it today!!!

??(I should have just ordered it from Man Of??War the first time! Still haven???t gotten my refund from Anovos.)

Anyway, I???ve got a lot of work to do now.

??

C1D85F96-BB84-4DE4-9AF1-9BB927FC0733.jpeg

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Guess what came it today!!!

??(I should have just ordered it from Man Of??War the first time! Still haven???t gotten my refund from Anovos.)

Anyway, I???ve got a lot of work to do now.

??

C1D85F96-BB84-4DE4-9AF1-9BB927FC0733.jpeg

Awesome! Looks great and that is great that this company got it to you so quick versus Anovos. That is really bad that they still haven't refunded you. Cant wait to see your progress on your Jet Pack!!????

Quentin Salgado : TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

MeanwhileE69E7DC6-861F-4FF7-AF1B-6E9C5101EABE.thumb.jpeg.e2cde32ad616f45be3eccfdf954f4f02.jpeg, I cannot find a jetpack harness that isn???t going to cost me nearly $200. So I decided to make my own. I think it???s gonna work out nicely after a few tweaks. All in all, the materials cost me under $25.

My pipe bender wouldn???t bend the 1/2??? aluminum pipe at such a tight radius. So I had to fudge it. Not the prettiest 180?? bend, but nobody will see that anyway.

I already had a roll of army grade nylon webbing which I used for the shoulder straps. The belt is just a tool belt that I bought from??Lowe???s for $5.95. I would have liked to use the nylon webbing that I already have, but the CRL calls for a black belt. I have ordered a 3D printed ???US Divers??? buckle from Shapeways. I???ll use that??until I can find a real steel buckle.

first test was pretty good. Gonna make some adjustments then have my mother sew??the belts and webbing on her machine. (I hand stitched just for mock up and testing)

??

5E8017AD-8875-4545-BE9F-AA4BC5B7B30D.jpeg

08329D11-AEAD-4EEE-AE26-A4D4F2348508.jpeg

AD18E4D7-F880-4B24-B4AC-668C50DE246A.jpeg

DF41E8D0-2EF4-47C0-A4C7-71E455077C68.jpeg

37640F0C-204B-44BD-8300-5A2114F3B9EF.jpeg

8F0CE070-D3F5-48DE-8270-CB1614636176.jpeg

3801BD88-0FBD-4356-9BF8-6EB7C1DF1D7B.jpeg

4B8998AC-85C1-4A1E-9D31-12A3101D690C.jpeg

• Love 1

You... should make/sell me a harness so I don't have to make my own! :D

That came out AMAZING!?? Nicely done!

You can find buckles on ebay for like $5... I think @Backpacks Got Jets??bought one off there, he might have a link!

8qAXZbQ.png