[Cancelled] 2019 New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade - 03/10/19 12:00 AM

---DUE TO WEATHER FORECASTS, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED---

??

The New Haven St Patrick's day parade is the biggest spectator event in Connecticut.

This is also the flagship event on our calendar each year so the more the merrier.??

All 501st, Merc & Rebel Legion costumes are allowed.

Event details to follow closer to the event.

Start signing up and recruiting your friends.?? Hoping for a good turnout.

??

Costumes

Face:
Joe Civitello - Emperor Palpatine
Jason - Darth Vader
Terry Becker - TBD
Jerred Best - Boba Fett (ROTJ)
Sarah Bailey - Dengar / Officer
Em Blackburn - Sabine
Veronica Junco - Leia
AJ Ferraro - Kylo Ren

Non-Face
Chris Bailey - TK
Joan Holycross-Otto - Officer
Matt Fagain - Jedi
Greg Pashtenko - Praetorian
Andy Tanski - Snowtrooper
Branden Wasilnak - TK
Chris Arquette - Snowtrooper
Michelle Crouch - TK
Jan Abustan - TK
Jim Sprenkle - Snow Commander
John Hajinal - Army Trooper / Officer
Ray Eng - Jawa
Miguel Lopez - TK
Elyse Gillott - Tanker

Wrangler
Quentin Salgado
Andy Tam
Art Becker

No Costume Specified

Rch Sprusansky -??@sobedozer
Walt Vongher -??@rottie

??

??

If you're NOT on this list and would like to be please comment in the thread.

??

Arrival Time: Between?? 9:30-10?? - Buses from the Parking Garage bring participants to the Staging Area starting at 10 am.?? It would be Ideal if we could all travel together to the Staging Area.

We are in the 2ND DIVISION noted by BLUE markers on sign posts and Utility Poles in the Assembly area

Assembly Area:?? Upper Chapel Street between Norton Street and Ellsworth Avenue

We are Marching as Unit 100 of 154

??

Parade steps off at 1:30 p.m, on Sunday, March 10, 2019.

??

Rules 2019 PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS ??

The Greater New Haven St. Patrick???s Day Parade starts promptly at 1:30 p.m. In case of the cancellation of the parade due to inclement weather, announcements will be on WTNH8, WPLR Radio Station 99.1 FM and Radio Station WELI 960??AM. Phone information will be available from: Seamus F. Bohan, Parade Chairman (Cell 203-996-6748) no later than 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, March 10, 2019.

1. Parking for Participants ONLY is available at the Granite Square Parking Garage. The parking structure is located at 690 State Street, New Haven CT 06511 between Audubon Street & Trumbull Street. The entrance to this lot is via State Street ONLY. One occupant vehicles will not be permitted to park in this lot. Yale University Parking Lot 16 has been reserved for one occupant vehicles. Yale Lot 16 is located at the intersection of Whitney Avenue & Humphrey Street. Entrance from Whitney Avenue. Shuttle buses will be available for transportation to the assembly area from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. from both parking areas There will be no return shuttle buses at the end of the parade.

??

2. Per the order of the City of New Haven; No items such as necklaces, candy, toys or flyers are to be thrown from automobiles, trucks, floats or distributed from marchers to parade viewers. ??
3. The presence of placards, banners or other devices including pamphlets intended to spread propaganda, political views or to embarrass any group or unit of marchers are prohibited. ??

4. Any unit stopping and performing, without prior authorization, in front of the reviewing stand, WTNH8 live broadcast location or along the parade route is automatically disqualified from the competition and forfeit contractual honorariums. Parade officials will strictly enforce this regulation.

5. The use of sirens and air horns during the parade is strictly prohibited. All units are prohibited from firing guns as they turn from Chapel on to Church Street, passing the reviewing stand up to Elm Street. Note: Violators of this order may be prohibited from future parade participation.

6. No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed or carried along the parade route, or in the staging/assembly area, by spectators or participants in the parade. New Haven Police will enforce penalties for disorderly conduct and alcohol violations. ??

7. Units participating should carry the National Colors (U.S. Flags). Strict compliance with the flag code (Public law 623 is enjoined, part of which reads as follows: Section 176, paragraph C--- ???The flag should
3/4/2019 Parade Program
https://app.paradecloud.com/parade/267/printouts/program??3/11
never be carried flat or draped over the hood of a car, but always aloft and free.???

8. The official judges for the marching and musical competitions are from the Northeast Judging Association and are located at the reviewing stand on Church Street in front of New Haven City Hall. Judges will deduct points for lack of uniformity, excessive spacing between units, blocking spectators by handlers, and flag code violations, to name a few.

9. Please follow the ???Our Parade??? link (www.stpatricksdayparade.org) for updated information and remember to print out the parade orders prior to March 10, 2019 to guarantee familiarity with staging and rules and regulation

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? [Cancelled] 2019 New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

Did I hear the sound of the secret trooper... Walt????

Please add me to this one.

Going to do, Professional Wrangler /?? Troopers protector

• Love 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...

How can i say No,?? Im in as a Warm and Cozy SnowTrooper ;0

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MattaClone said:

Hello There!

Are you in need of a Jedi Master at this?

??

Certainly!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

13 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

@Backpacks Got Jets ??Joe, are you actually going to troop at??this?

i bet you don???t wanna. You don???t wanna right? It???s ok if you don???t.

lol, worth a try.

Rumor on the street is he's going as Palpatine.

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

5 hours ago, Alay said:

Rumor on the street is he's going as Palpatine.

Joe is just gonna shamble very slowly up the main road in New Haven, doing finger lightning bursts at the rowdy drunks. :P

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

Oh i'm afraid Palpatine will be quite operational when your friends arrive

stormy.thumb.gif.b74bd4db635c0b0fb8ebc05f3027541a.gif

??

That is all.

??

• Love 2

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

10 hours ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

Oh i'm afraid Palpatine will be quite operational when your friends arrive

Well then, I guess it???s safe to say that ROTJ Boba can go then. Looks like I???m in. :)

• Love 2

Snowtrooper for me!?? Hopefully i can get Al, Andy and Chris in their Snowtrooper suits too!??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

A snowtrooper brigade would be awesome!

8qAXZbQ.png

I knew I should've made Veers this year...

8qAXZbQ.png

On 2/8/2019 at 7:43 PM, First0rder said:

Snowtrooper for me!?? Hopefully i can get Al, Andy and Chris in their Snowtrooper suits too!??

That is something ??I???d love to see. If anything for the one event where we have to show some force.??

The more we have the better it will be for everyone, including the reputation for our garrison??

??

if if the weather is not supposed to be extremely cold I might have a Jawa along. If another member has a Jawa in their family it would be great??

Edited by jimsprenkle
  • Love 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner