Wedding & Fundraiser - May 4th - 05/04/19 04:00 PM to 05/04/19 10:00 PM

Alay

From the event host:

Although this is a wedding, my daughter Brittany is also fundraising for the FLY Foundation, a lymphoma charity that helps young adults like her with costs related to cancer.We are looking for Storm Troopers to appear briefly as we present a check to the FLY Foundation. At all the tables there will also be a request for a donation to the foundation in lieu of a wedding favor.

She picked the theme #Maythe4thBeIDo because the "force" in her is strong...At 28, she's been in remission only to find out multiple times in the past three years, that the cancer is back with a vengeance. She's now on immunotherapy after a failed stem cell transplant. Her blog on Caring Bridge not only details her battle, but also shows that she has tremendous resilience and positivism that few of us can ever hope to aspire to. Her blog is truly inspirational: https://www.caringbridge.org/search?q=brittany+sobieraj

??

This event has gotten Lucasfilms approval so we are able to attend!
??

A couple of stormtroopers or something would be awesome :)

??

Arrival Time: 3pm!
We need to be dressed and ready at 4pm.?? We'll do about an hour of photos and reception stuff.????
5pm we introduce the Bridge and Groom to reception, and attend while they present the FLY Foundation cheque.

Then dress down and eat if you'd like to stay! :)

??

??

Host also offered a chicken, beef or salmon dinner to anyone that wanted to stay :)

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Wedding & Fundraiser - May 4th

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

If one other person wants to join, I'll switch over to this to make the appearance happen with a confirmed 2.

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

This happens to also be my wedding day !????

I'll see if my bride will give me a pass to attend???

• Like 1

Jimbo

ANH Sandtrooper TD-11506

I???m not too far from there. It says till 10 pm? How long would we be there if I came in Vader?

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

8 hours ago, jimsprenkle said:

I???m not too far from there. It says till 10 pm? How long would we be there if I came in Vader?

Hey Jim, I'm trying to work that out still with the host.?? But they want us to basically just be there to help hand off the cheque, then maybe a little bit of photos.?? I can't see it being more than an hour or two combined.

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!??

8qAXZbQ.png

So this was confirmed.?? We arrive at 3pm, dress up for 4, do photos and stuff.?? Introduce bridge/groom to reception at 5pm, hand around while they present the cheque, and then we can linger and whatever or dress down

@jimsprenkle??and @Jimbo??any word either way??? I want to give them an official headcount by Sunday :)

8qAXZbQ.png

No worries, thanks for the update! :)

8qAXZbQ.png

I am in a boot right now. If that is all set I can be there. They want stormtroopers, is a tie pilot okay? ??I could even wrangle if I am still in the boot.??

• Like 1

Don???t count the days, make the days count. ???

ID, TI 11943

WIP Imperial Gunner

22 minutes ago, Obliviscar said:

I am in a boot right now. If that is all set I can be there. They want stormtroopers, is a tie pilot okay? ??I could even wrangle if I am still in the boot.??

I'm sure they'd be fine with the TIE too! :)?? Let me know!

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to Sarah, Joan, and Brian who've also agreed to help out with this. I know we don't usually do private events but I think we can make an exception in this case. The nice charity check should make it worthwhile.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

I can come if it???s not too late. Things changed and I???m freed up

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

49 minutes ago, jimsprenkle said:

I can come if it???s not too late. Things changed and I???m freed up

Of course not. Glad to have you, Jim.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."