2019 Middletown Pride Parade - 06/15/19 02:00 PM to 06/15/19 05:00 PM

Alay

This is the first ever Middletown Pride Parade, and is part of their planned festival.?? Need at least 5 to confirm.??

June time so weather can be hot.?? Make sure you have helmet fans and drink plenty of water??:)

Parking Area:??Kings Avenue Lot- 695 Main St, Middletown, CT 06457

Staging Area: Rome Avenue
Parade Route: Main Street
End of Parade: Intersection of Main Street and Union Street.??
Parade Kicks off at 2:00 p.m.

Plan to arrive early (10:30 or earlier) for parking/setup/dressup.?? The usual parade fare of changing in parking lots.

There's also a registration fee for the group I'm going to see if they'll waive (if not, anyone wanting to chip in is appreciated).

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? 2019 Middletown Pride Parade

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I might be able to make this! Most Saturdays I work but my classes end the week before. Should I invite Kamino???

And are we going to add flair to our costumes? That???s my favorite part of parades.??

I would do peasant Padme.

Nix the Usurper 2013.

19 minutes ago, nicki said:

I might be able to make this! Most Saturdays I work but my classes end the week before. Should I invite Kamino???

And are we going to add flair to our costumes? That???s my favorite part of parades.??

I would do peasant Padme.

We'd love to have Kamino or any other RL folks along that want to partake :)?? All welcome!

??

Flair for sure.?? I'm doing a rainbow rank badge for my officer, any other officers that want one let me know so I can make it! :D

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

I'm all for this. I might have to finagle my work schedule a bit but I'm sure I can make it work.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

That's the 5 we need to confirm!?? Signing us up and paying that registration fee!

8qAXZbQ.png

Never been to a Pride parade before, but I may consider going. I bet it???s a fun one. And I???ve yet to do a parade.??

Just don???t blame me if it gets canceled due to bad weather! Lol

Edited by Swiftcloud
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Kust don???t blame me if it gets canceled due to bad weather!

We're going to exclusively blame you.?? In fact, we should probably just cancel now that you've signed up it's going to snow that day ;)??

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Please put me in as Wrangler.

Someone has to carry, everyone's??purses.

??

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

They cashed my cheque so I think we're on the list :D

8qAXZbQ.png

4 hours ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

aww yiss. anyone down to hit up Eli Cannons or Hop Knot after?

Sure but they're gonna be packed as hell.

??

Also I'm gonna have prosthetic on my face and look silly

8qAXZbQ.png

Just for clarification - any and all pride-related temporary modifications to your costumes are permitted/encouraged! I've got a flag to wear as a cape and some rainbow-coloured tape to look all fancy in. :)

• Like 2

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

• 2 weeks later...

@Chewy

??

Hello,

??

First off, I would like to thank you for your participation in Middletown???s Inaugural Pride event! Being a little over a week out from Middletown Pride, I wanted to send out some information to answer any questions anyone might have, and to make sure everyone is all set for the parade. ????

??

The Middletown Pride Parade will be kicking off at 2:00pm on Saturday, June 15 at the corner of Spring Street and Main Street.

??

FORMATION OF THE PARADE WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:

Barricades erected in North End...................................................................................... 12:00 PM

Vehicles and Large Floats in the assembly area ............................................................. 12:30 PM

Barricades erected along Main St.................................................................................... 12:45 PM

Assembly of all participants?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. 12:45 PM

Formation???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...????????????.???? 1:30 PM

Parade starts????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.....?? 2:00 PM

??

??????????????????The parade will be assembling on??three??separate streets: Spring Street, Rome Avenue, and Pease Street.

??????????????????When you arrive on the day of, you will check in at the ???Chamber Tent???, the group leader will receive a lanyard??which must be worn the entire time you are in the staging area and must be on your person during the parade????and you will be directed to what street you will be on and your approximate lineup space on the street.

??????????????????Volunteers will be on each street and throughout the area to provide any help and to answer any questions you may have.

??????????????????Parking is available at no charge in??all Municipal parking lots??during the day of Pride.

o??????Attached, you will find a copy of the Rules & Regulations and a map of the municipal city parking lots which are available at??no cost.

??????????????????If you have not already done so, please send over your music and announcements for your group as you pass the Main Stage located on the parade route!

??

Please Note:

??

1.????Self-powered vehicles and wagons or trailers longer than 10 feet or wider than 8 feet must be in position in the assembly area prior to 1:00 p.m.?? Large vehicles will not be allowed into the assembly area after the streets are blocked for assembly at 12:45 p.m.

2.????Only march unit vehicles are allowed in assembly area.

3.????Do not??throw anything to spectators.?? This is a safety issue.???? Small children tend to run after these, regardless of vehicles. If you have noted in your application, you may pass out items by walking them up to spectators.

4.????Units with animals are required to clean up after the animals.?? This is a public health issue.

5.????At the end of the parade, marchers should proceed directly into the festival on the South Green.?? Large vehicles may continue down Main Street, or turn right on Pleasant Street, or turn left onto Union Street.

??

I will be sending out another email next week with the finalized lineup of the parade.

??

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

??

8qAXZbQ.png

No blasters btw.?? Lightsabers are okay, gaffi batons, etc.?? Nothing looking like an actual gun though please.

• Like 1

8qAXZbQ.png

Anyone got an extra flag or sticker? Need to add some color on me, either wrangler or trooper.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

On 6/9/2019 at 3:27 PM, Wildcardz said:

Anyone got an extra flag or sticker? Need to add some color on me, either wrangler or trooper.

I've got some extra tape and stickers and stuff. Will bring them along!

This is this weekend guys! Come down and be nice and bright and colourful! :)

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Just an FYI, we only received our marching orders and logistics documents this afternoon...?????They're not exactly well - written either, unfortunately.??

Please keep an eye out for further directions here tomorrow.??

??

??

Z1MzQD1.jpg