Connecticut Children's Medical Center "Rise of Skywalker" showing! - 01/09/20 03:00 PM to 01/09/20 05:00 PM

Chewy

??

Long story short:

The Peter Mayhew Foundation is donating $150,000 worth of toys to be given out at hospital troops by the 501st Legion in the USA over December and January. On January 9th CCMC has planned a showing of "Rise of Skywalker" for the kids stuck at the hospital, and I got us an invite along to do photo ops and help give out raffle prizes beforehand. I'm currently waiting on further guidance from Legion Command regarding the toy donation, but the intention would be to give out our gifts to them then.??

I'm sorry that this is on a Thursday but unfortunately most of their events are on weekdays and there's not much we can do about that. If we can't make this date work I'm considering doing a quick toy drop-off sometime in January with some social media-friendly pictures.

Usual arrangements for CCMC: parking is at the hospital either in the garage (comped) or by the Family Resource Center, and you will need to fill out some paperwork beforehand if you've not trooped there before. You are not required to provide evidence of a flu shot or anything to attend; the hospital just asks that you excuse yourself if you've been immunocompromised in the week or so beforehand.

If you wish to troop and haven't been to the hospital before, please read the attached documents, bringing along a signed copy of the Confidentiality Agreement on the day. We are allowed to use the concrete parking area at the second floor entrance on 282 Washington Street - please refer to the map for more details. Ignore in the guidelines were it says we'll have to pay for parking - we are covered regardless of where you park.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ytg30-c5Ys3riSFs3u2LUy_0VLM2sKBF?usp=sharing

Arrangements:

• Please make sure you're at the hospital for 3PM. We'll be in costume at 4, lasting as long as they want us (probably a couple of hours at most).
  • Don't forget you can park outside the Washington Street entrance and drastically reduce the distance you'll need to drag your tote.
  • Please do not bring blasters.
  • Please do remember to bring a signed copy of the confidentiality agreement if you haven't already done one for CCMC. A copy can be found in the Google Drive link above.
  • I have a new phone number: (860) 816-3292. Call me if you are having trouble tomorrow.

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Connecticut Children's Medical Center "Rise of Skywalker" showing!

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Just an FYI that we are limited to 6 troopers in costume due to space considerations at the Hospital. There's one spot left to confirm if anyone else is interested; if there's more interest than that??I will??come out of costume and wrangle.

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)

I was hoping to attempt a day off from work and sign up for this. But now I have ??a stupid head-cold. I???m not sure how long it will last but I might??have to pass on this. Dang it! I hate winter. :/
??

I???ll see how I feel in a couple days. It???s still a few weeks away.

On 12/14/2019 at 4:11 AM, Hoot916 said:

if approved by then I should be able to go..... working on boba this weekend

Awesome! Glad to hear you are back at it. Let me know if you need help with anything. Good luck.

22 hours ago, MagyarSoldat said:

I???ll bring cookies for the kids if that would be allowed.??

Hm. Nice idea but I think it's probably best we don't risk it. I've no doubt many people there are on special diets (or perhaps might not be comfortable accepting food from a stranger). Sorry.

I mean, you could bring some for us. I never so no to cookies... .... ....???

Z1MzQD1.jpg

1 minute ago, bsands said:

@Chewy??just wanted to confirm, arriving at 3:00 or in costume by 3:00?

Arrive at 3, in costume for 4.

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Hey all. I have been sick since last Friday and unfortunately have to back out of this one. Bummed but hopefully another person and fill my spot.

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

11 hours ago, Feliz said:

Hey all. I have been sick since last Friday and unfortunately have to back out of this one. Bummed but hopefully another person and fill my spot.

Awww no! Sorry Nick. :(

One space left for tomorrow if anyone is interested.

@MagyarSoldat??@Wildcardz??@bsands??@BFKN??- please check the first post. I added some details you might want to double check. Please also note my new phone number.

• Like 1

Z1MzQD1.jpg

21 hours ago, Feliz said:

Feel better Nick.

??

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

Thank you @bsands, @Wildcardz, @BFKN, and @MagyarSoldat??for coming this afternoon. Making a good impression with a new contact at the hospital was vital, and they were extremely to happy to have us. Great job troopers!

• Like 2

Z1MzQD1.jpg