Rogue One Vader WIP

If you have questions or need help just ask, I have a ROTJ Vader and can help if you need it. I have bookface ROTJ helmet and it???s beautiful??

Edited by jimsprenkle
  • Love 1

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

21 hours ago, jimsprenkle said:

If you have questions or need help just ask, I have a ROTJ Vader and can help if you need it. I have bookface ROTJ helmet and it???s beautiful??

Thanks, Jim! I'll definitely let you know when I finally get there. As for the BF helmet, I am stoked to be on Paul's list. Every time I see a pic of his work I am mesmerized.??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some quick updates. Kelly Jo Boyd cape and robe are on the way. She emailed me the other day to confirm she's done. Went with the heavy duty 100% wool set.

Began my chest box. 3d printed box and toggles form a fellow Sith Lord Detachment forum member. Aluminum parts from Fenix. Still needs more sanding a more black coat (and sanding). Will probably finish with a wet sand to aim for a smooth satin finish, since it seems to be the correct patina for RO. ??Nothing in these images is attached yet, just free floating to see how it looks.??

i-FJgnTd2-L.jpg

i-mkSnF3t-L.jpg

i-TzH36DL-L.jpg

i-qzx4S2Q-L.jpg

i-thCfknL-L.jpg

Toggles need white and grey paint still, as well. Overall I'm happy how it's coming out.

??

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Paul has been sending update pics of my Quasimodo. I think the pictures speak for themselves. ??

i-ZMTZCQ5-L.jpg

i-DP6vdkv-L.jpg

i-LPLTm3w-X3.jpg

i-KnLZL7q-X3.jpg

Hoping to have this in 2-3 weeks! Maximum insanity!

• Like 1

So I have a question for the powers that be. I have all the materials to build my own cod, so I can modify as my heart desires. Of course I want screen accuracy, both for my own obsessions and for 501st approval. That said, it was just brought to my attention on the SLD that there are some RO Vaders that have been approved with the ANH style cod. Not going to lie, if I could make this one modification it would be awesome. The space diaper is a bit much aesthetically. I'll obviously stick with it if necessary. RO is my fave because it is essentially the idealized version of ANH, without abandoning all the great lines and features that make ANH so great to begin with. Opinions?

On 3/23/2022 at 8:21 PM, fowlmouth said:

??

i-thCfknL-L.jpg

??

I also just learned that the coin slots should be hollow, so I'm going to pop out the red lenses. Too bad, because they look great.???

• Like 1

Did some work on the cod this weekend. Decided to attempt a RO style cod that is a bit subdued in the diaper look. Pretty pleased with how this came out.

i-K88FmD5-L.jpg

i-jmtF99T-L.jpg

i-3Qf7hm8-L.jpg

i-JrBcRCf-L.jpg

i-KK3wXgc-L.jpg

i-NL3PLfj-L.jpg

i-mnsh6rh-L.jpg

i-T3bFTd5-L.jpg

i-T6jzGp9-L.jpg

Also received my Kelly Jo Boyd heavy cape set, my wife is going to help me hem these soon. In the mean time I have been geeking out over my new Bookface gear. Quasimodo RO helmet, armor and shins all arrived this weekend.??

i-4wJ8WN3-X2.jpg

i-FnS3nrS-X2.jpg

i-CPkS6qg-X2.jpg

??

Forgot to add that those boots are place holders, they are actually my older vinyl costume boots that I use for Halloween. My vintage Soviet boots are at the cobbler getting some new soles. Can't wait to pick those up!

3 hours ago, Backpacks Got Jets said:

Making some amazing progress so far! well done

Thank you Joe! Not gonna lie, it feels awesome to finally get some of the suit on.??

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Made some progress on the belt over the past two weeks. Still need to install electronics for the lighting, but overall I'm pretty happy with the battle worn screen look.??

i-RHFwWmC-L.jpg

This is looking fantastic!!! You???ve done some great things already! I???m currently assisting a friend of mine with his ESB Vader project and your photos are very helpful. ??We are currently working on the chest and belt boxes. They will be 3D printed, just waiting on some of the metal greeblies from Fennix Props. I???m just not happy with the print files that I currently have. They are kinda thin, so I am gonna make a better thicker walled set. I know RO is a bit different from ESB Vader but your pics and info are very helpful. Thanks for sharing. And good luck on your build. It???s coming along very nicely!

• Love 1

Jerred, thanks so much! I originally picked up the metal boxes and six knob set from Fenix, grabbed the lights from a couple different electronics vendors, and the screen is vintage prop accurate Telefunken mesh. The boxes didn't have belt pass through slots wide enough to fit the proper belt thickness.??So I ended up making the main part of the box out of poplar to fit below the Fenix box cover. It came out better than I expected, but the rear plate of the box makes it stick out past the rear of the belt a little too much for legitimate screen accuracy.

i-gJNFVrg-L.jpg

i-xVHmmRv-L.jpg

i-G8V6HzW-L.jpg

i-gfCFM5t-L.jpg

??

A fellow Vader on the SLD pointed out it would be easy peasy to open up those slots with a Dremel and some cutting discs. So I did just that, and finished the original Fenix boxes out yesterday. I am way happier with the results. Not only is the rear wall dimension more accurate, but I feel that I did a better job with the painting for the "battle damage".??

i-Ts2XRcF-L.jpg

i-GrwhqV7-L.jpg

??

I am currently going back and forth between two different types of screws for the box covers.

i-qf3Ggdh-L.jpg

i-hmdG8KH-L.jpg

??

Unfortunately there are no good quality screen shots that I can find to determine the RO screws, but these are both really close to ANH. This image is from the RO Visual Guide hard cover book and size wise matches the second screw more IMO. The warmer stainless color can always be dry brushed if I want.

i-nhv9FXn-L.jpg

??

But yeah, after all that, LOL, ESB is a bit different in the details. I'm guessing you're more versed than I, but let me know if you need any help sourcing parts, I'm happy to help.??

• Love 2