Star Wars Gala to benefit TLC Saturday, March 4th, 2023 - 03/04/23 07:00 PM to 03/04/23 12:00 AM

Feliz

Event Name:  Star Wars Gala to benefit TLC
Venue:  Hyatt Regency Greenwich 
Venue address:  1800 East Putnam Avenue
               Old Greenwich, Connecticut
               USA
Event Start:  3/4/2023  - 7:00PM
Event End:    3/4/2023  - 11:00PM
Event Website:
 www.tlcgala.org 
Expected number of attendees:  250
Requested number of characters:  any
Requested character types: 
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Can troopers carry blasters: Yes
Can troopers carry/bring props like lightsabers and staffs: Yes
Is parking available: Yes
Is venue accessible to those with limited mobility: Yes
Amenities available at venue: We will provide food, drinks (water, soda, etc.) restrooms.  If there is something specific you need or want, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.  We are working within the parameters of the hotel.

Comments: The Ty Louis Campbell Foundation (pediatric cancer non-profit) hosts an annual Gala and the theme changes each year.  Our 2023 Gala is "Star Wars Gala," so naturally, the 501st would be a perfect addition! Cocktail hour is from 7pm - 8pm, so the characters could walk around talking photos with guests. At 8pm, the doors open to the ballroom, and we would love to have a fight scene or some type of display of characters as the guests are walking in.  We are open to your feedback and recommendations!
Referred by:  Chris Feehan and his crew have attended our annual Mess Fest (August, Camp Kiwi, Carmel, NY) for years. I reached out to him and he recommended we touch base with the 501st CT Garrison branch.
Per Erin:

So we would like at least 2 stormtroopers to accompany Kylo Ren at the opening of the fight scene. If it's a stormtrooper and a Deathtrooper or whatever, we can make that work.

The plan right now is that we won't be out during the cocktail hour. There will be cardboard cutout characters as a sort of tease, making guests think "that's it?" When the guests enter the ballroom, they'll be met with the fight scene, and then all of our characters come out to a big fanfare after that to hang around for pictures etc. There's dinner and an auction but then it's just dancing/mingling until midnight, so there will be plenty of time for pictures. I don't think "having too many people" will be a problem in any way.

They have also asked that handlers do something a little nicer than just jeans and a t-shirt/racing shirt. The dress code for the event is cocktail, but themed attire is acceptable. I plan on wearing a Star Wars dress from Her Universe and a pair of Star Wars leggings. Alana set a great example at the Florence Griswold Museum with a nice star-printed skirt and a Vader blazer.

We will have access to our changing room starting early in the day, and we will have food and water. We're welcome to stay as late as we'd like, but no one is obliged to stay any longer than they're comfortable, as always.

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Star Wars Gala to benefit TLC Saturday, March 4th, 2023

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

3 hours ago, Sol said:

Do you want Saber Guild to put together a performance for this?

They said something about a fight scene in their request 

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is a few months out, but this sounds like an awesome event! If you need a Vader count me in. 

Also, somewhat related question, my wife is helping me master the art of suiting up, and is offering to come to events as a handler. Is there anything specific we need to do for her to be involved?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fowlmouth said:

I know this is a few months out, but this sounds like an awesome event! If you need a Vader count me in. 

Also, somewhat related question, my wife is helping me master the art of suiting up, and is offering to come to events as a handler. Is there anything specific we need to do for her to be involved?

Handlers/Wranglers dont need any specific membership status.  She'll just be expected to behave

Maybe between now and then you can pick her up a CTG T-SHIRT to wear so she's identifiable as part of the crew.

• Like 2

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! If there is still room/need for people, Dublin (the NJ partner) would love to come troop with you as ANH Han Solo. And, I can help as a handler. Please let me know if y'all need us :)

Edited by Kohanai
Spelling ?
10 hours ago, Kohanai said:

Hello! If there is still room/need for people, Dublin (the NJ partner) would love to come troop with you as ANH Han Solo. And, I can help as a handler. Please let me know if y'all need us :)

My philosophy is as long as there's not a cap on numbers, the more the merrier.  galas are always a good time.  come on down! make sure you RSVP so we know you're coming

• Like 1

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

• 1 month later...

I think this is over staffed to be honest, they are requesting a fight scene and photos afterwards, it’s not like last years gala and I’m thinking we need more to go to the hockey game where we can have lots more bodies, just my thoughts 

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how often people check both threads attached to this event, so I'm cross posting here to let you know I pulled myself from the list for the Gala. I think I might have the flu. Good luck and have fun all!

• Like 2

Thank you Wrangers, for watching out for us.

Great troop everyone!!

Hurry up and post those pics and videos!!!

7 hours ago, CTdadalorian20 said:

Just made it home, that was a fun one!

Glad you got home safe.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

501st Troopers Attendance: 

TLC Gala - 03/04/23

Jerred Best / Swiftcloud as Boba Fett MS2

Johnna Best / BestWife as Jawa

Ray Umerley / Maulevolent as Kylo Ren

Joe Civitello / Backpacks Got Jets as Papa Palpatine

Andy Tam / Wildcard as Sandtrooper TK

Seth MacIntosh / CTDadilorian as Mandalorian Din Jarin

Rich Sprusansky / TK74110 as Stormtrooper TK

Kayla Ringard / Kaipurr as Stormtrooper TK

I realize now that I should have taken attendance for the Saber guild/Rebel Legion troopers too. If not for troop counts but for the courtesy of recognition. We thank all visiting club members for attending!

If I remember correctly they were:

Kat Seelig  as Rey

Dublin?? (sorry forgot the last name) as Han Solo

Erin Chaffee as Performance Coordinator/Handler

also thanks to

Kristin Civitello as Handler/Videographer

Thanks everyone! Amazing job! - Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Edited by Swiftcloud