Hopeful New Member

Hello CT Garrison,

I'm new here and am hoping to become official soon with my RotJ Boba Fett kit.  I've been tweaking a few things that have been pointed out to me already in regards to some of the details of my kit and hope to be able to get some "approval worthy" photos tomorrow after trooping with you guys in the Middletown parade. 

I reside in Tolland County, in the town of Stafford and have lived there my whole life - not counting some time in the military and having spent a summer with friends in a mountain town called Soda Springs, Idaho.  I am a Firefighter and EMT for the past 31 years and presently work as an industrial firefighter at a large corporate business in Middletown (for the past 21 years) and have been a volunteer firefighter for the West Stafford Fire Dept for 31 years. 

I've been a fan of Boba Fett since first seeing him standing on that platform in  ESB with the other bounty hunters and was glad he had a little screen time in the movie. I'm one of the people who held onto hope for the past 40 years that we would see Boba again and that finally came true. Thankful.

I am also working on three different custom Mando kits, all of which are at different levels of being finished so I hope to one day soon be able to present those to you as well. 

I appreciate the opportunity to be included in such a far-reaching fan-based costume club and look forward to meeting each of you in the future and look forward to any comments or suggestions any of you may have to share with me in regards to completing my kits.

Thanks.

Gian DaroIMG_20230429_151944_915.thumb.jpg.f478bfaa9a6639501c7a05125213db9d.jpg

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Gian Daro said:

Hello CT Garrison,

I'm new here and am hoping to become official soon with my RotJ Boba Fett kit.  I've been tweaking a few things that have been pointed out to me already in regards to some of the details of my kit and hope to be able to get some "approval worthy" photos tomorrow after trooping with you guys in the Middletown parade. 

I reside in Tolland County, in the town of Stafford and have lived there my whole life - not counting some time in the military and having spent a summer with friends in a mountain town called Soda Springs, Idaho.  I am a Firefighter and EMT for the past 31 years and presently work as an industrial firefighter at a large corporate business in Middletown (for the past 21 years) and have been a volunteer firefighter for the West Stafford Fire Dept for 31 years. 

I've been a fan of Boba Fett since first seeing him standing on that platform in  ESB with the other bounty hunters and was glad he had a little screen time in the movie. I'm one of the people who held onto hope for the past 40 years that we would see Boba again and that finally came true. Thankful.

I am also working on three different custom Mando kits, all of which are at different levels of being finished so I hope to one day soon be able to present those to you as well. 

I appreciate the opportunity to be included in such a far-reaching fan-based costume club and look forward to meeting each of you in the future and look forward to any comments or suggestions any of you may have to share with me in regards to completing my kits.

Thanks.

Gian DaroIMG_20230429_151944_915.thumb.jpg.f478bfaa9a6639501c7a05125213db9d.jpg

Our GML and myself the assistant GML will be there tomorrow and when you are in full kit we can see in person how it looks and if it will pass I think you won’t have to take pics and then tomorrow’s troop can be your first official troop right @Maulevolent

TS commander 12614

TB-12614

I have a pet Wookiee too

ROTJ vader 

C1-1OP owner

13 hours ago, jimsprenkle said:

Our GML and myself the assistant GML will be there tomorrow and when you are in full kit we can see in person how it looks and if it will pass I think you won’t have to take pics and then tomorrow’s troop can be your first official troop right @Maulevolent

Welcome, Gian!

No Imperial organization would be complete without due process ;) For record keeping purposes, we’ll still want pics and a formal submission on file to review before final approval by the GML(s) and the Garrison CO.  

Please follow the Approval Process instructions outlined in the linked Membership & Approval Handbook thread for pics and submission entry.  As you mentioned, tomorrow would be a great opportunity to take those shots in kit in natural lighting!

For the parade tomorrow, you’re welcome to march with us under a provisional pass for the kit pending the formal submission, review, and approval.  If possible, please provide some additional shots of the costume (front, back, and sides) before tomorrow so we can check off the initial boxes before you show up :)

Once approved post parade, we can then apply this troop retroactively as your first of hopefully many to come.

Hopefully this is clear and amenable!  Again, welcome and let us know if you have any further questions!

Signature Small 2.png

DS/SL/ID/IC/IN/IG/TI - 20304 | SG -1035

Welcome ,

You look great and if you have any question or need help feel free to ask. It took me a long time to get my ROTJ boba fett approved. 

Welcome Gian!

Always glad to have another Boba Fett fan in our group! Your costume looks fantastic! Looking forward to trooping along with you soon.  :)

On 6/2/2023 at 7:42 AM, CTdadalorian20 said:

Welcome to the forum!  The kit looks great.  I’m right over in Somers so it’s nice to see another Tolland county local.

Great to meet you, Seth! We're neighbors! It's nice to know another member is so close!

5 hours ago, Hoot916 said:

Welcome ,

You look great and if you have any question or need help feel free to ask. It took me a long time to get my ROTJ boba fett approved. 

Thank you. Hoot! I appreciate the welcome!

1 hour ago, Swiftcloud said:

Welcome Gian!

Always glad to have another Boba Fett fan in our group! Your costume looks fantastic! Looking forward to trooping along with you soon.  :)

Thank you so much. Boba everywhere! The more, the better lol

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 11:04 PM, Wildcardz said:

Welcome!!

Thank you, Andy  :)  Sorry, I just found this message.  I had so much fun at Terrificon with you and the rest of the garrison. You are a saint and such a huge help to me with my kit.  To help you in the future, I took step by step photos showing anyone who needs to know how to cinch the girth belt on a Boba kit. I know it looks totally confusing but it's actually quite easy. :) 

On 6/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, fowlmouth said:

Yay, Brenda, that is a flipping sweet Boba! Can't wait to meet you. And just remember, no disintegrations. 

Thank you, Jason! ........... "As you wish."