Connecticon?

I'm a newbie so this may be a already discussed topic, but I was just curious as to why you guys don't attend ConnectiCon?

• Love 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

In years past that I've gone the theme seemed to be mostly anime and gaming than sci fi, so I'm not sure how well Star Wars would fit.?? However, that doesn't mean it's something we rule out intentionally.

Signups are probably already well past this year, but it's something I could see us doing next year if there's interest.?? ??

So... CTG folks... is there interest???
Has anyone been to ConnectiCon in the last couple years?
What's the vibe like?

Also is that second week of July a consistent yearly date??? I could see attendance being iffy so close to our flagship event of ComiConn.

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

So it's fairly consistent being early July. It's definitely turned a bit away from Anime with the popularity of DC/Marvel movies. I went last year and they had a Star Wars photo shoot meet up and it was actually pretty big. All just fan made costumes so they were ...alright...lol. But there were definitely a lot of fans. It is too close this year but I think it may be worth it?? for next year!

I'll see if I can dig up my pictures from last year

• Love 1

TK 90577 

"Someday humans will leave our cocoon in the solar system to explore beyond our home system, Voyager will have led the way." - Grunsfeld

1 hour ago, Kaar'ryn said:

So it's fairly consistent being early July. It's definitely turned a bit away from Anime with the popularity of DC/Marvel movies. I went last year and they had a Star Wars photo shoot meet up and it was actually pretty big. All just fan made costumes so they were ...alright...lol. But there were definitely a lot of fans. It is too close this year but I think it may be worth it?? for next year!

I'll see if I can dig up my pictures from last year

Sounds like it could be a good match for us then!?? Please share some pictures if you get a chance :)

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Cons are always fun but they're labor intensive.?? I think we need to make sure our priorities are with Comiconn and Terrifficon and then once those two are tucked away we can see if there's enough interest to do a 3rd con in 2 - 3 months in conjunction with our other summer troops.???? If we can swing it, i think it would be good for us as a group, if attending Connecticon puts undue stress on the garrison or diverts resources away from Comiconn or Terrifficon we should pass.

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

Depending on when I???m always down!??

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

There's history with that con....

We did do it for several years until we had a falling out with con management, basically they wanted us to do a whole lot more at a moment's notice than what was agreed upon, and got pissed when we weren't there to do it.?? (line duty at their after party, we had our own, as we always have)

??

• Love 1

Dave Spencer

Kamino Base XO

Former CTG XO/GWM/Archivist

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

TK/DZ 7212

23 minutes ago, The Skull said:

There's history with that con....

We did do it for several years until we had a falling out with con management, basically they wanted us to do a whole lot more at a moment's notice than what was agreed upon, and got pissed when we weren't there to do it.?? (line duty at their after party, we had our own, as we always have)

??

Thanks Dave,?? I vaguely recall you guys talking about that before but thanks for clarifying. ?? If we end up reaching out to them we'll make sure to be on guard about that kind of stuff.?? Treating us differently than the other exhibition groups isn't really what we want/need.

53289673_1934926336575727_4063280688286138368_n.png.4edfa8f587a2aed52f9f2e95f3fe790f.png

Never been or trooped this one. Might have to take a trip down and take a look see.

It would be fun.... But 3 cons in 3 months, that would be painful. I might sleep under the bucket while standing at our table and just let everyone take pics. Wait I do that now.

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

On 7/2/2018 at 7:45 PM, Wildcardz said:

Never been or trooped this one. Might have to take a trip down and take a look see.

It would be fun.... But 3 cons in 3 months, that would be painful. I might sleep under the bucket while standing at our table and just let everyone take pics. Wait I do that now.

HHAAHAH! Andy that would be hilarious.??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

Speaking to some other folks that have vendored ConnectiCon, apparently the owner is difficult to work with...

I'm not optimal about this one unfortunately.

8qAXZbQ.png

• 4 weeks later...