Building Boba Fett

16 hours ago, Alay said:

You got rejected, had all your armor burned, and were told you're preemptively banned from the 501st forever?

??

Or literally the opposite? ?

Haha??omg that would have been terrible!??

Quentin Salgado TX/TI/DS-72679 - CTG Public Relations Officer

Approved Costumes: Inferno Squad - Del Meeko & Inferno Squad - Gideon Hask & Kylo Ren: TROS

PW/ PH- 72679 Professional Wrangler / Handler

On 12/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, Alay said:

You got rejected, had all your armor burned, and were told you're preemptively banned from the 501st forever?

??

Or literally the opposite? ?

I thought about doing that ounce or twice lol?

2 hours ago, Hoot916 said:

I thought about doing that ounce or twice lol?

Same... I nearly took a hammer to my Dengar backpack once or twice??:D

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny update:

just tweeking some things before my first troop. (Which is still TBD)

I added magnets under the collar to prevent it from lifting??and exposing my neck seal. -As per suggestion

Can???t??wait to sport around as Boba Fett with you all!

:)

EC166FEF-115A-4591-8B15-845D0DB0AD4A.jpeg

Edited by Swiftcloud
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Tiny update 2.0:

In my winter boredom I???ve been working on a better fitting pair of gauntlets. My original set fit a bit tight and were super heavy due to having to modify the size and sturdiness??using sintra and clay filling. They work but not well. So I???ve been trying other options. Sarah was gracious enough to help me make a set of roto-cast gauntlets. But sadly, they were still too small for my big dumb Popeye forearms. So I manage to get a??3D printed set made with custom measurements. Not as durable as the root-cast pieces, but they do fit. And the details are nice.??So, I constructed and painted them up. Added some sound and light effects ripping the electronics out of a cheap toy fighter jet. It had the sound (kind-of) that I was looking for and an LED to light up the flame thrower. So with some modifications and ingenuity, I was able to fit it into the gauntlet. Neat. Now let???s see how they hold up to trooping. ???

??

5F8F41F3-C2FC-4E64-8976-A721545000DD.jpeg

F7C0BCB0-0EE8-4166-99A6-CCDDE4AF72A9.jpeg

CA047C10-34C8-40EB-8548-5BD9D8E558EF.jpeg

DAE4FE28-3BC0-4855-803F-335CB353F441.jpeg

074E3ABE-1634-4758-8C8F-5C2F8B0E3F23.jpeg

86798E32-5CF8-48CE-BDD9-C73FF143279E.jpeg

EDB4BF53-B762-42E6-8B71-47E0648BE23A.jpeg

• Love 1

Looks awesome!

??

As a heads up, these's switches here

image.png.614a9f164abe73253eac5f29f137db00.png

should be momentary switches, not toggle switches:
Alco MPE106D

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-Alcoswitch/MPE106D?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduh2agS5bnKKUs837zI1I7zloB%2b9y9gb4lM%3D

??

They're fine for trooping but you'll probably need to pinky promise the GMLs they'll be swapped out some day ;)

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

2 hours ago, Alay said:

Looks awesome!

??

As a heads up, these's switches here

image.png.614a9f164abe73253eac5f29f137db00.png

should be momentary switches, not toggle switches:
Alco MPE106D

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-Alcoswitch/MPE106D?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduh2agS5bnKKUs837zI1I7zloB%2b9y9gb4lM%3D

??

They're fine for trooping but you'll probably need to pinky promise the GMLs they'll be swapped out some day ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I???ll get right on it. Worry not. ;)

Ordered them. I???ll swap em??? out when they get here.

Edited by Swiftcloud
Details
  • 3 weeks later...

You're gonna have an awesome time!?? Looking stellar!

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Super Congratulations!!

• Love 1

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

• 2 weeks later...

New EE3 Blaster finally came in. It???s not the rubberized one, because??I missed that boat. So I had this one printed. Still feels very nice. And at least it doesn???t look like the rediculous Rubies toy??one I had been using.

I used a light scraping/dusting of silver and black paint to weather it. I think it came out pretty nicely.

??I posted a pic of both to show the huge difference in size.

2768053F-E838-4D5E-B975-2F570F253086.jpeg

FBC22A67-7B04-4177-B988-29C8F5D69C62.jpeg

• Love 1

Rubber or not, this does look dope!!!

• Love 1

Nick

SL/TD/TX-686

Imperial Death Trooper, ANH Vader, and Sandtrooper (who wouldn't know a droid if it were sitting in a speeder right in front of his face)

It's much better sized!?? Looks very nice :)

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png