Childrens Medical Center - May the Fourth - 05/04/18 01:30 PM to 05/04/18 03:30 PM

Astraline

??

Event Name: May the 4th Celebration at Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Venue: Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Venue address: 282 Washington St.
Hartford, Connecticut
USA
Event Start: 5/4/18 - 1:30pm
Event End: 5/4/18 - 3:30pm
Event Website:
Expected number of attendees: 50
Requested number of characters: 4
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: For the past two years, Connecticut Children's Medical Center has celebrated May the 4th with an awesome visit from the 501st Legion. I would love to continue that tradition by inviting you back for another visit with our patients and families. The visit would include taking pictures with kids and family members in the Family Resource Center. There is also the option to do room to room visits with children who are inpatient and/or visit outpatient clinics. Private rooms are available for changing. Free parking, snacks and beverages would also be provided. Start and end times are flexible. Let me know if we can make this happen again??:)

NO BLASTERS please, light sabers okay

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? Childrens Medical Center - May the Fourth

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

Im down!?? signing up??

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

6 hours ago, trevelyan said:

It looks like the RSVP list is full. If they want an R2 unit there, and there is still room I can attend. I had done this with you guys in the past and it was a blast. Let me know.??

We can make room for an R2 and would love to have you. ??I'll up the RSVP and add you when I'm home :)

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Cool thanks. When you talk to them ask them about parking for a trailer. The last time I was there they had told me to park on the concrete pad they had at the front entrance. Just want to make sure that won???t be a problem again this time.

• Love 1

r2-builders-logo.gif Member of R2 Builders Club

R2 Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATrevelyan

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, trevelyan said:

Im going to have to update my status to Tentative. Wife totaled our Jeep in the last snow storm so I have nothing to transport R2 in at the moment. Need to purchase a new vehicle to tow the trailer or transport R2 in.

Ouch that sucks Chuck!?? Hope she's alright!

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, Billfontaine said:

I???m in for Vader or TK. Whatever is best

Definitely Vader!

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

On 4/5/2018 at 11:40 PM, Depeche25 said:

I work 2nd shift so I can't make it. But this is actually why I bought my suit.?? Wish I could go.

We did Wishes on Wheels last year, hopefully they will send in another request.?? It was awesome!!????

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

From Kelsea at CCMC:

I attached Special Visitor Guidelines which all visitors need to review. I also attached the Confidentiality Agreement which all new visitors need to sign. If anyone has come to a previous event at CT Children???s, they do not need to re-sign.

I???m also going to work on getting better parking so they don???t have to lug all their stuff through the parking garage. Do you know how many cars will be coming?

??

So we need to know how many cars.?? Chuck do you have a trailer or just an truck?

??

Confidentiality Agreement for Individuals - Updated 2014.pdf

Guidelines for Special Visitors.doc.pdf

Joan Holycross-Otto

ID-31461

Imperial Staff Officer

Quick question. Are the Nomex flight gloves non latex? I have to get them so I don???t hurt any of the kids who are sensitive to latex. I think my gloves contain latex.

3 hours ago, BFKN said:

Quick question. Are the Nomex flight gloves non latex? I have to get them so I don???t hurt any of the kids who are sensitive to latex. I think my gloves contain latex.

They're non-latex.?? Do they have floppy backing guards or the hard plastic ones?

??

STORMTROOPERS - If you're unsure of your gloves:

• Are they a "rubber" glove or chemical glove??? ~ they might contain latex, check for any material markings.?? If so, don't use them, use black cotten or leather gloves instead.
  • Do they have a soft backing to them??? ~ They might contain latex.?? If you're unsure of the maker, do not wear them, instead use hard ABS backings or no backings at all.
  • Are they leather, Nomex, or some other materia:?? ~ They're safe!
  • Do they have a hard ABS backing hand guard, or ESB/ROTJ style clam shell??? ~ They're safe!

??

If you need help tracking down the material from your glove/maker, post it here and let me know!

8qAXZbQ.png

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
From Kelsea at CCMC:
I attached Special Visitor Guidelines which all visitors need to review. I also attached the Confidentiality Agreement which all new visitors need to sign. If anyone has come to a previous event at CT Children???s, they do not need to re-sign.
I???m also going to work on getting better parking so they don???t have to lug all their stuff through the parking garage. Do you know how many cars will be coming?
??
So we need to know how many cars.?? Chuck do you have a trailer or just an truck?
??
Confidentiality Agreement for Individuals - Updated 2014.pdf
Guidelines for Special Visitors.doc.pdf

I have a trailer. When I spoke with them last month they had no problem with me parking on the pad out front. If that???s changed please let me know.

r2-builders-logo.gif Member of R2 Builders Club

R2 Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATrevelyan

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I have an important meeting at work that was rescheduled now to Friday. ??There's really no way to make this work now and as much as it pains me to miss this for the first time since we started doing it, I have to step out. :(????

Signature Small 2.png

DS/SL/ID/IC/IN/IG/TI - 20304 | SG -1035

15 minutes ago, Maulevolent said:

Unfortunately, I have an important meeting at work that was rescheduled now to Friday. ??There's really no way to make this work now and as much as it pains me to miss this for the first time since we started doing it, I have to step out. :(????

Sorry to hear that Ray, you will be missed!

??

I can step in if no one else wants the fabled 7th spot, but I'd rather someone else get it first!?? (double trooping Friday sounds miserable)

8qAXZbQ.png