[CANCELED] Christmas Torchlight Parade - Old Saybrook - 12/08/18 06:00 PM to 12/08/18 10:00 PM

Alay

DUE TO THE UNSAFE TEMPERATURES FORECASTED FOR TOMORROW, THIS EVENT WILL BE CANCELLED.????

??

??

The 48th Annual Christmas Torchlight Parade, held in Old Saybrook CT, has invited the Connecticut 501st Garrison!?? What's cooler than a night time parade under torchlight?

??

Parade information:

In formation no later than??5:45??on Coulter St. The head of the parade starts at Coulter and main.??

Park at the Denali lot. That's the one at elm Street.?? They're going to let us change if we arrive before 5 there.

??

REGARDING THE WEATHER!

It's currently forcasted to be.... COLD AS SITH!

??

??

The wind chill is low, but you TKs are gonna be feeling it!?? Especially with that light breeze.?? I will have hand warmers en masse you can pack them into gloves, boots, undersuit, etc.????

Keep in mind this is the temperature! We'll get more precise forecast as the day gets closer.?? If this is too cold for you, do not hesitate to back out!

Please be sure to watch the thread more.?? If we decide on the forecast or the day of the parade that it's too cold for safety,??canceling the event is possible!!????We will announce it in this thread if we make that call.

??

Parade is short, less than a mile.?? So hopefully not too rough??;)

??

Other than that, silly lights, holiday hats, etc are welcome!

??

Post-parade refreshments provided and a heated tent.????

Christmas themed parade, so holiday silliness is encouraged (Officers with a Santa Hat, light up Stormtroopers, etc!)

Dress warm, I'll have hand heaters to stuff down shoes and gloves, the usual fare.????

??

Topic is for discussion of event.?? To Sign up/RSVP for this event, please visit the calendar link:?? [CANCELED] Christmas Torchlight Parade - Old Saybrook

8qAXZbQ.png
Garrison Web Master | First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Leader Emeritus

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Sounds like a great night. I???m in!

• Love 1

CTG??GML / GWL

SpecOps -- TX19736
- Magma Trooper (WIP)

WhiteArmor??-- TK19736
- TLJ FO Executioner (Basic Approval)

BlizzardForce?? -- TS19736
- ESB SnowTrooper (Basic Approval)

Put me in as Wrangler.

Andy might need to ride with you.

Or might need to stay over at someone's hhouse for the night.

• Love 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

2 hours ago, Daala said:

put me down as a perhaps but this would be fun as a Jedi or Mando if it is done and approved.

You got it! Would love to have you there Terry :)

??

2 hours ago, Wildcardz said:

Put me in as Wrangler.

Andy might need to ride with you.

Or might need to stay over at someone's hhouse for the night.

??

Awesome! Thanks Andy!

8qAXZbQ.png

ANH Stunt Stormtrooper - Centurion | ESB Line Officer - Imperator |Dengar - Approved
Heavy Weapon Trooper - Centurion| ESB Stormtrooper- Approved | Admiral Daala - Approved| Jodo Kast - Approved

Application is going out today. It asked for our 'Hometown', so I put 'A Galaxy Far, Far Away...' :P

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on approval of our application to attend before I move this to confirm.?? We do have a new parade banner in print though! :D

8qAXZbQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

We've received our marching orders and are good to go. Stay tuned for logistical details??(parking, arrival time, etc) over the next week. Also, we're gonna have a new banner to march with! :)

Z1MzQD1.jpg

Christopher Bailey??| TK-66402
Approved Costumes:??ANH Stunt??(Centurion) | Heavy Weapons Trooper??(Elite Infantry)
In Progress: ANH TIE Pilot??| Zuckuss

"Those who forget the past are doomed to... blah blah blah..."

Hello!

Sorry, I will need to back out from this event.

Schedule conflict... Too many things happening this day.

If only I was a clone.

• Love 1

Andy Tam

TI / CC / TD - 33333

PW / PH-33333: Professional Wrangler / Handler

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 6:12 AM, Wildcardz said:

Hello!

Sorry, I will need to back out from this event.

Schedule conflict... Too many things happening this day.

If only I was a clone.

You guys didn???t tell him!?!??

1 hour ago, Halfrek said:

You guys didn???t tell him!?!??

Shhhh

?

8qAXZbQ.png

4 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

If it???s not too late, I???d like to sign up. This could be my first troop!

Definitely not too late

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

2 hours ago, Swiftcloud said:

Would I be allowed to bring my wife as a handler, just to help me gear up? Just curious. If not it???s ok.

Certainly.?? Can she wrangle the whole parade? Extra people to walk with us and keep back any potential run-ins is always a HUGE help for parades :)

• Love 1

8qAXZbQ.png

I don???t know if I signed up or not. ?? ??And lost all track of what day it is !!!

Yes I will bring the ???VIT??? so we can have a warm place to stand

• Love 2

Maker of armor

4 minutes ago, rottie said:

I don???t know if I signed up or not. ?? ??And lost all track of what day it is !!!

Yes I will bring the ???VIT??? so we can have a warm place to stand

Awesome!!! want me to put you down as a Trooper or a Wrangler??? :D

8qAXZbQ.png